smart comebacks needed

Options

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Smart comeback... In a few months I will have lost weight and YOU won't have gained any IQ p[points

Your avatar pic is cracking me up! It's like that bird is saying exactly what you typed. LOL!
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You do you and I do me!
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If it's people outside of MFP, I don't tell them any numbers. If they ask how much I've lost, I tell them I lost just what I had planned to lose in that amount of time. Remember, the tortoise beat the hair. Slow and stead wins the race. If they ask how much you lost tell them, "obviously I lost enough for you to notice" then change the subject.
  • schelly81
    schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    There's always this:
    tumblr_m6e8dh4cR91rziwwco1_500.gif

But my favorite is:
    tumblr_m8wpopvsTa1rziwwco1_500.gif

Love It!
  • schelly81
    Options
    Let em work, let em live...

55, stay alive...

ain't skeered...

never been skeered...

ain't gonna be skeered...

can't get skeered...

Maybe the dingo ate your baby...

that's really the only comebacks I can think of, use them wisely.

deep man, deep
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Don't make me eat you.
  • schelly81
    Options
    I've heard from a couple people that I'm not losing fast enough. I'm averaging 1.5 pounds a week, and have lost almost 20 in the last 3 months. It makes me so angry to hear that I should have lost more for all the effort I'm putting in, or I eat too much or should eat 1200 max, cut everything out and go cardio crazy. I think my favorite is when someone they know lost 20 pounds in the first month doing xyz, I should try it. I'm not hangry, I eat min 1500 calories, usually more like 1800-2000. Workout 4 or 5 days a week. Why are people such know-it-all @ssholes?

What should I say to them except to quote the dude " Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Nice quote! Check out my ticker :drinker:

:flowerforyou:

But anyway, I don't discuss this kind of stuff with coworkers and I only talk about weight loss or fitness with friends if they ask. Honestly, it never ends well. For whatever reason, the second I tell anyone I am trying to lose weight or going to the gym, they immediately know more than me about nutrition/fitness/everything and tell me what I should or shouldn't do. It's easier to just not discuss it, especially with the sedentary, overweight, "do as I say not as I do" crowd I'm referring to.
  • monicapatituccijones
    monicapatituccijones Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Smart comebacks don't work as well as consistent ones. Every time it comes up, say, "Thank you for your advice. I am happy with my weight loss." Repeat it every time, using the same words and the same tone. Eventually people feel stupid and walk away or change the subject.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Robert Downey Jr's got this for you:

5f9998f33b8058489599b57157104355.jpg

A man that fine has got to be right.
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I never have smart comebacks. I'm afflicted with "l'esprit d'escalier" where you come up with the perfect response three days later.

But I wanted to tell you that you're doing GREAT and you should keep on keeping on.

This is perfect on every level.....and....^^^^

This is totally me......LOVE the French term for this instead of the smack to the forehead that I usually give myself.

Your way is the RIGHT way for you. One of the most amazing things about losing weight is that ALL of a sudden EVERYONE is an expert.

Well done on your success. :flowerforyou:

All the best
    K

Edit: Sp
  • Spodermun
    Spodermun Posts: 20
    Options
    Bess combek: U r an fagt bish
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    You could just do what my sweet southern grandma did:

"That's nice honey *pat on head* Bless your heart"

I'm pretty sure that's polite southern lady speak for "You're an idiot and I hate you"
  • johnsonb0921
    johnsonb0921 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Tell them you're trying to lose slowly so your boobs don't get all saggy, then make this face at them:

what-are-u-wearing-mad-men.gif
  • saraharnoldnelson
    saraharnoldnelson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Confused look: "I'm sorry, were you under the impression we had the kind of relationship where this is up for discussion?"
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your steady weight loss- that's fantastic! Sounds like you've ready found what works for you to be losing consistently every week. :)

I'm in the South right now and I'm learning from the Southern belles in my community. What I've heard them say is something along the lines of, "Thanks for your advice. I feel great about what I'm doing." (followed by a sweet, if somewhat inauthentic, smile and eye contact) Or, similarly if folks say that you've lost too much weight and should stop trying to get healthier, "Thanks for your concern. I feel great." Again, with the big smile.

It's a little passive-aggressive, but it ends the conversation. ;)
    You could always say, "How nice for you!"

Have you ever heard the joke. A southern belle was always saying, "how nice for you". One day somebody asked her why she was always saying that to people. She replied, well I used to say "I don't give a f***", but then I learned to say, "How nice for you!" instead.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I've heard from a couple people that I'm not losing fast enough. I'm averaging 1.5 pounds a week, and have lost almost 20 in the last 3 months. It makes me so angry to hear that I should have lost more for all the effort I'm putting in, or I eat too much or should eat 1200 max, cut everything out and go cardio crazy. I think my favorite is when someone they know lost 20 pounds in the first month doing xyz, I should try it. I'm not hangry, I eat min 1500 calories, usually more like 1800-2000. Workout 4 or 5 days a week. Why are people such know-it-all @ssholes?

What should I say to them except to quote the dude " Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
    You go, girl! You could always find the humour and ask them, what should I do instead of losing weight like I already am? The key is to take the weight off slooooowly so it stays off. Sounds like you're doing an amazing job! Kudos! You're inspiring!
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Bess combek: U r an fagt bish

u wnna 1v1 me irl pssy i swer on me mums life i wil rek u
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Put your finger in your nose and mumble "you're not getting away this time."
    Or drop an explosive protein fart and walk away.

Literally crying with laughter at my desk....... :sad: :laugh:
    me too!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Robert Downey Jr's got this for you:

5f9998f33b8058489599b57157104355.jpg

A man that fine has got to be right.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    "My weight loss is not up for discussion."

And make sure you never bring it up. If they bring it up, repeat the statement.