Qualifed for Boston- don't say good job

vmclach
vmclach Posts: 670 Member
A few months ago, I Qualifed for the boston marathon. I ran a 3:27. It was a 16 min PR. However, my goal was to run a 3:20. I did not reach my goal therefore it was a terrible race, and I don't appreciate people telling me good job..

They CLEARLY didn't know my goals... A 3:27 Boston Wualifuing marathon time is nothing to congratulate me for when I should have been running at least sub 3:20.

Why don't people get it?!?

Replies

• _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Your goal was sub 3:20 ? This still sucks !!!!
    You can't call yourself a real runner if you can't run a sub 3:00 marathon. You should quit running or set better goals.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    With times like those, you should probably take up racewalking instead. You are obviously a ballet dancer trying to be a runner. Marathons are for endurance folk.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    What are you, a jogger? ;-)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Good job for qualifying for the Boston marathon.
    Now go tattoo your goals and a big "F" on your forehead.

Would calling you a failure help you get to were you want to go?

<*here to help*>
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Good job.

tumblr_n4n1m5uXug1su8gw4o1_250.gif
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    nice

haha
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    You finished, didn't you? Good job for that.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Touché!
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    You musta walked it or did sightseeing with that time.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Seriously, though, what I was trying to say (obviously not very well) is that if you honestly were shooting for a 3:20 and you only ran a 3:27, you are probably disappointed. Wouldn't it be better to acknowledge that than to just say "good job"?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Obviously, you suck and should just go die in a hole. Shame! Shame!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I thought this was a support forum...
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Good job for qualifying for the Boston marathon.
    Now go tattoo your goals and a big "F" on your forehead.

Would calling you a failure help you get to were you want to go?

<*here to help*>

Seriously.:laugh:

I volunteer as tribute.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    A few months ago, I Qualifed for the boston marathon. I ran a 3:27. It was a 16 min PR. However, my goal was to run a 3:20. I did not reach my goal therefore it was a terrible race, and I don't appreciate people telling me good job..

They CLEARLY didn't know my goals... A 3:27 Boston Wualifuing marathon time is nothing to congratulate me for when I should have been running at least sub 3:20.

cause I am not a runner...and have no idea wtf that all means...all I know is if someone qualifies for the boston marathon and actually went and ran it..that's a good job.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member

I like you. But, clearly not for your running skills.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    My only thought is....I wish I could run a marathon in that short of time, lol.

On a side note....I have people here at my command all the time, "You know, they give Boston slots to the military. You just have to ask for it." My response, "Um... I want to EARN it, not have it given to me!" Just wanted to vent....thanks for listening.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I'm sorry. If you aren't proud of what others consider an accomplishment, then why are you bragging about it on the internet? :huh:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    I agree. You really should have tried harder.

(seriously, though OP, that is awesome, and good job!)
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Ok then. You did a horrible job at meeting your goal. If only the Boston standards were higher, you could have failed at both and then no one would have said good job to you...only that they were sorry you didn't make it even though they knew how hard you tried. Damn those people who like to support others and damn Boston for being too easy for you :).
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    I'm sorry. If you aren't proud of what others consider an accomplishment, then why are you bragging about it on the internet? :huh:

:laugh:
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Tighten up you slacker... From what I see you should be running sub 3 hrs!!! Thats what you are capable of doing... Anything over that meant you walked some of it.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member

TL;DR - Great Job! Qualifying for the Boston Marathon is a huge accomplishment and you should feel very proud.
  • vmclach
    Because no one else is going to be as insanely hard on yourself as you are.

You have a lot to be proud of. You deserve to be. Not beating yourself up over a few minutes in a marathon.

Dave-

Here is your answer ;)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Because no one else is going to be as insanely hard on yourself as you are.

You have a lot to be proud of. You deserve to be. Not beating yourself up over a few minutes in a marathon.

Dave-

Here is your answer ;)

I think I missed something.
  • vmclach

:laugh:

See pro tip

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1311491-pro-tip-read-the-comments-before-commenting-on-a-workout?page=4#posts-20262547
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Seriously, though, what I was trying to say (obviously not very well) is that if you honestly were shooting for a 3:20 and you only ran a 3:27, you are probably disappointed. Wouldn't it be better to acknowledge that than to just say "good job"?

So let's say your kid worked really hard on a school project. He spent hours trying to get it right because he was shooting for an A. And, he learned so much in the process. But, at the end of the day, some of the other kids really kicked butt, too. So, he got a B+. Missed it by a point or two.

Are you going to tell your kid that he didn't do a good job?
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member

I live in Boston and usually don't go to the Marathon but if you tell me your number, I'll make sure to go with everyone I know and boo and hiss when you run by if that makes you feel better.

On another note, your post is now my gold standard for humblebragging.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    At least you don't get the "well at least you finished" comments when you tell someone your marathon time...
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member

You suck! Maybe next time you'll crawl out of the primordial ooze, stand up straight and run like a normal homosapien.