Qualifed for Boston- don't say good job

124»

Replies

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    A few months ago, I Qualifed for the boston marathon. I ran a 3:27. It was a 16 min PR. However, my goal was to run a 3:20. I did not reach my goal therefore it was a terrible race, and I don't appreciate people telling me good job..

They CLEARLY didn't know my goals... A 3:27 Boston Wualifuing marathon time is nothing to congratulate me for when I should have been running at least sub 3:20.

Why don't people get it?!?

1. If you are not proud of what you accomplished, why post ?

2. Why did it take you 50 days to post ? Wouldn't most people have gotten over such an awful disappointment by now ?

To me it looks a bit as if you are fishing for compliments, but are doing it the backwards way.....
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Okay, since this is obviously an attempt at sarcasm, I've moved it here so the fun can continue. Don't ever accuse me of being a fun sucker. Never.
    Really? Has the CG changed? Because when I made a thread that was obviously sarcasm and a parody of another thread, the thread was deleted and I was given a strike for it.

Aww...someone's bum hurt...wanna cookie?
    Noticing hypocrisy != butthurt. Nice try.

And no I don't want a cookie, I want a pizza.
  • chocolatexxmintt
    chocolatexxmintt Posts: 85 Member
    I thought this was a support forum...

It's suppose to be..
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member

It's suppose to be..

>supposed<
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member

It's suppose to be..

This topic was originally in the Fitness forum. I moved it here where it is clearly not a support forum. :wink:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    I can never tell if this OP is trolling or just looking for attention.

Why must I choose?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    I can never tell if this OP is trolling or just looking for attention.

She is a unique troll/attention-*kitten* hybrid!
    AH! Got it!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    He's disappointed in you too:

images_zps21ef07b1.jpg

That's his disappointed face.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Your goal was sub 3:20 ? This still sucks !!!!
    You can't call yourself a real runner if you can't run a sub 3:00 marathon. You should quit running or set better goals.
    ^This :noway:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member

It's suppose to be..

>supposed<
    tumblr_mu1y5oo8Mz1qfcx4to4_250.gif
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    The horror.
    I hope you can live with yourself.
    How do you sleep at night??
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Loser

:flowerforyou:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    You should quit running and eat a box of donuts.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    A few months ago, I Qualifed for the boston marathon. I ran a 3:27. It was a 16 min PR. However, my goal was to run a 3:20. I did not reach my goal therefore it was a terrible race, and I don't appreciate people telling me good job..

They CLEARLY didn't know my goals... A 3:27 Boston Wualifuing marathon time is nothing to congratulate me for when I should have been running at least sub 3:20.

I live in Boston and usually don't go to the Marathon but if you tell me your number, I'll make sure to go with everyone I know and boo and hiss when you run by if that makes you feel better.

On another note, your post is now my gold standard for humblebragging.

NICE. :drinker:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    giphy.gif

stolen
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member

gosh I feel so bad for you. Your life really is terrible. Talk about true suffering.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Seriously, though, what I was trying to say (obviously not very well) is that if you honestly were shooting for a 3:20 and you only ran a 3:27, you are probably disappointed. Wouldn't it be better to acknowledge that than to just say "good job"?

So let's say your kid worked really hard on a school project. He spent hours trying to get it right because he was shooting for an A. And, he learned so much in the process. But, at the end of the day, some of the other kids really kicked butt, too. So, he got a B+. Missed it by a point or two.

Are you going to tell your kid that he didn't do a good job?

How else would you react? He should not feel proud of a B+ when the goal was an A.

Perfection only. Never settle for second best,
    An effort which can be improved upon is not your best effort; all we ask is that you do your best.

LOL. This made me twitchy.
    Why is that?
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Yeah this is some manipulative attention whoring for sure.

But if this were genuine, I'd say success in other people's eyes is an interesting thing. If you are starting out people in general define success very loosely and are very encouraging ("yay you ran for 20 minutes without stopping" or "just finishing is a big accomplishment"). Then there is the middle where you are only successful if you beat goals ("too bad you didn't get that sub 1 hour 10K" or whatever). If you reach a certain level of ability like this person your goals are so impressive, that even if you fail people congratulate you again because it is far beyond what they can do. But at the elite level somehow that goes away, it's like everything is a disappointment unless you win a championship or come in first. Like "oh nevermind you beat the American record for a marathon time, you only came in 3rd". Weird.