Qualifed for Boston- don't say good job

Replies

• bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Obviously you let the cold harsh winter this year get in the way of your training. You should have been out running heartbreak hill a few more times. This year go sprint at Blue Hills to train harder.

Now stop your pity party, pick yourself up, and make it happen.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Perhaps you were just lacking focus and commitment in that race.

Please try harder next time.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    A few months ago, I Qualifed for the boston marathon. I ran a 3:27. It was a 16 min PR. However, my goal was to run a 3:20. I did not reach my goal therefore it was a terrible race, and I don't appreciate people telling me good job..

They CLEARLY didn't know my goals... A 3:27 Boston Wualifuing marathon time is nothing to congratulate me for when I should have been running at least sub 3:20.

Why don't people get it?!?

I live in Boston and usually don't go to the Marathon but if you tell me your number, I'll make sure to go with everyone I know and boo and hiss when you run by if that makes you feel better.

On another note, your post is now my gold standard for humblebragging.

Please do. I deserve to be humiliated for not meeting my goals.

I'll do you one better. I'll jump on the course when i see you and start screaming in your face for your slack *kitten* to pick up the damned pace and get your PR!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    ETA: Dammit people you can't read sarcasm over the internet!! (even if she did lay it on thick enough, I'm dumb)

YEAH! I almost thought you all were serious.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    OMG OP. YOURE HILARIOUS! LOLZ

YOU GOT US ALL. WE THOUGHT YOU WERE SRS BUT YOU WERE TOTES NOT SRS.

OBVS.

Emma-Stones-Hysterical-Laugh-Gif.gif
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    There is always next year... IF they let you back.

IF
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    I'm sorry. If you aren't proud of what others consider an accomplishment, then why are you bragging about it on the internet? :huh:

:laugh:

OK, I'm beginning to like sassy. she funny
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Seriously, though, what I was trying to say (obviously not very well) is that if you honestly were shooting for a 3:20 and you only ran a 3:27, you are probably disappointed. Wouldn't it be better to acknowledge that than to just say "good job"?

So let's say your kid worked really hard on a school project. He spent hours trying to get it right because he was shooting for an A. And, he learned so much in the process. But, at the end of the day, some of the other kids really kicked butt, too. So, he got a B+. Missed it by a point or two.

Are you going to tell your kid that he didn't do a good job?

How else would you react? He should not feel proud of a B+ when the goal was an A.

Perfection only. Never settle for second best,
    An effort which can be improved upon is not your best effort; all we ask is that you do your best.

LOL. This made me twitchy.
  • PRMinx
    Seriously, though, what I was trying to say (obviously not very well) is that if you honestly were shooting for a 3:20 and you only ran a 3:27, you are probably disappointed. Wouldn't it be better to acknowledge that than to just say "good job"?

So let's say your kid worked really hard on a school project. He spent hours trying to get it right because he was shooting for an A. And, he learned so much in the process. But, at the end of the day, some of the other kids really kicked butt, too. So, he got a B+. Missed it by a point or two.

How else would you react? He should not feel proud of a B+ when the goal was an A.

Perfection only. Never settle for second best,

This is all being laid on everyone so thick I honestly think it’s just a plea for attention and its pretty sad. But clearly it worked.

WUT?
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Your goal was sub 3:20 ? This still sucks !!!!
    You can't call yourself a real runner if you can't run a sub 3:00 marathon. You should quit running or set better goals.

I know! What did you do? Stop at every donut shop along the route?
  • PRMinx

Look, this isn't the point. The kid is disappointed. What I was complaining (badly) about is the equivalent of your crying kid coming home with his disappointing B+ and you saying "Great job" and going about your business, ignoring anything else he has to say.

All I was trying to suggest is that in this case you might say something like "I realize you were trying for an A, but you have to realize that a B+ means you did a really great job, even if it wasn't quite as good as you hoped for."

And now I am going to shut up about this topic forever.

Exactly. And I think when people have a not so great workout, they are similarly disappointed. Sometimes it's nice to hear "hey, great job," from a friend who just cares about you.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Okay, since this is obviously an attempt at sarcasm, I've moved it here so the fun can continue. Don't ever accuse me of being a fun sucker. Never.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Okay, since this is obviously an attempt at sarcasm, I've moved it here so the fun can continue. Don't ever accuse me of being a fun sucker. Never.

Dang.

I guess I was wrong about you.

(:drinker:)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,940 Member
    My only advice:

Don't run backwards the next time.:drinker:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    You can't call yourself a real runner if you can't run a sub 3:00 marathon. You should quit running or set better goals.

There were a few porto potty stops & I did get lost but these are not valid excuses
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

there was fun to be had here?

are you certain?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member

are you certain?

At least he read the thread before exercising his moderator authority.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

are you certain?

At least he read the thread before exercising his moderator authority.

Great point. His discretion is appreciated.

Even as his sense of humor is not. J/K! I keed, I keed!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Really? Has the CG changed? Because when I made a thread that was obviously sarcasm and a parody of another thread, the thread was deleted and I was given a strike for it.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Nice effort OP!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Really? Has the CG changed? Because when I made a thread that was obviously sarcasm and a parody of another thread, the thread was deleted and I was given a strike for it.

Aww...someone's bum hurt...wanna cookie?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    I can never tell if this OP is trolling or just looking for attention.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I can never tell if this OP is trolling or just looking for attention.

She is a unique troll/attention-*kitten* hybrid!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Do you even Fartlek?

Wait...what?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Fishing for compliments.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Bad job!
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    A few months ago, I Qualifed for the boston marathon. I ran a 3:27. It was a 16 min PR. However, my goal was to run a 3:20. I did not reach my goal therefore it was a terrible race, and I don't appreciate people telling me good job..

They CLEARLY didn't know my goals... A 3:27 Boston Wualifuing marathon time is nothing to congratulate me for when I should have been running at least sub 3:20.

Why don't people get it?!?

I live in Boston and usually don't go to the Marathon but if you tell me your number, I'll make sure to go with everyone I know and boo and hiss when you run by if that makes you feel better.

On another note, your post is now my gold standard for humblebragging.

+a bjillion
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    giphy.gif
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member

why do you think there are so many donut shops on the marathon route? hello, it's their biggest day of the year, i don't blame her for answering their siren call.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    You win the internet today!!!! Seriously LOL'ing!

Also stop running and start lifting obviously. Ha!