So many people with respectively high final GWs....

Options

Replies

• BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 452 lbs. I am currently about 424 lbs. In honor of this thread, I am going to make my goal weight 350 lbs, not even the horribly obese 175 lbs, but the starting weight of your example... 350 freakin lbs.

Judge me.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more. Perfectly stated :smile:

Strong first post.

You are rude!

Not really. The way you originally put it, it looked like you were agreeing with the OP
    Welcome to the internet

Well, even though it says I joined in 2011, this is my first week actually using the site so excuse me for not doing it correctly the first time. And by "welcome to the internet," if you mean a bunch of snarky, bullies who hide behind their computers to insult others than yes, I'm familiar.

Oh boy...
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Strong first post.

You are rude!

How is it rude to state a fact?
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Let me explain something ..:angry:
    Op ..you may not realize that is a true
    effort on their part! You might not know
    their bgs .. health limitations and such.
    Also, it's very possible they want to get
    there and take time out to catch up
    mentally to their new selves. This has
    been my approach and I'm still going, yet
    opinionated others might think otherwise.
    Just chill and let them go at there own approach.
    I'm not IMHO obese now but the docs would
    pull that damn bmi trick on me and I might
    be told I'm obese! Weight is also muscle.

/my input
  • andibenoit
    andibenoit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Okay Judgy McJudgerson. You know that they can decide at a later date to lower it. I think you should worry less about others goals and more about your own. Even if they decide to stick with a goal that's still overweight or obese it's better than they used to be.

By the way I am overweight for my height. I also have 20% body fat, which is athletic for a woman. To get into the healthy range I would be very close to almost unhealthy levels of body fat. One size does not fit all when it comes to weight ranges.
    [/quote]

This... According to the charts, I should be between 124 and 155 lbs. BUT.... My last BodPod test, I was 136 lbs of lean. I'd be down to "essential fat" only to get to the highest of what the charts say I should weigh. We're not all shaped or built the same. 170-175 lbs for me is 20% BF.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

I effin love you!!!

fao5li.jpg

let's hug it out

tumblr_m7xt4xffTf1rzhv5ho1_400.gif

nxrkzp.gif
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

Strong first post.

You are rude!

Not really. The way you originally put it, it looked like you were agreeing with the OP
    Welcome to the internet

Well, even though it says I joined in 2011, this is my first week actually using the site so excuse me for not doing it correctly the first time. And by "welcome to the internet," if you mean a bunch of snarky, bullies who hide behind their computers to insult others than yes, I'm familiar.

tumblr_n6emul0RRd1ttjwiao1_250.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    emma-stone-gifs-judging-summerfantasies.gif
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options
    Threads like this are why I never get any work done.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Threads like this are why I never get any work done.

Word!
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I see it a lot with women, especially. For example, a 5'4" female starts out with a weight of 350 pounds, and her goal is to get to 175 pounds. That's still obese! I see this a lot where people set goal weights when they are probably underestimating their potential! I understand people want to set realistic goals, but why go so far when you only just a little more to go before your REAL moment of victory? The "healthy" range! Really, if you've set a high final goal weight, consider the fact that with a little more time, you can do even more than that! All it takes is a little more time.

You sound a little Hangry...
  • ronnie_thebear
    ronnie_thebear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not one to judge someone else's goals, personally. I think goals like cutting your weight in HALF or more is substantial and is a great goal to have. I think what you're not realizing is that our goals are constantly changing. Just because that's someone's initial GW, doesn't mean that when they reach it they won't reassess and figure out they want to do more. Or maybe they're totally satisfied with it, that's for them to decide.

And what is a "REAL" moment of victory anyway? Can you really decide that for other people?

Right?! Plus, I have a HUGE weight loss goal. I like breaking my down into really tiny chunks because otherwise I get discouraged looking at the 100+ pounds I have to use. There is no "standard" for setting a goal weight and PLUS if you get to your first GW, then lower it and just keep giving yourself those little pushes like you would at the gym. You don't start off lifting 300lbs, you have to work your way there. Everyone can have their own method and that's a-ok!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    excitedwiig.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    jimmakesawkwardface.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    91qUMzQ.gif&size=400x1000
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options
    Just simply mind your own business, what they're choosing to do is their own.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Maybe try reaching your goal before chastising others for not having good enough goals.

Burn!
  • kemval74
    kemval74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh, bless your little 20 year old heart.

Don't be too hard on her guys. Give her time to squeeze out a few puppies, go through a few of life's tragedies and put on real weight.

When she's in her 40s she can remember this thread and think, "Wow, was I naive and insensitive. If only I knew then what I know now...."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: BEST RESPONSIVE EVERRRRRR

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :happy: Yep!!!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

Strong first post.

You are rude!

Welcome to the internet

tumblr_n6emul0RRd1ttjwiao1_250.gif

k1qdr9.gif

ooof. Right in them feels
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I see it a lot with women, especially. For example, a 5'4" female starts out with a weight of 350 pounds, and her goal is to get to 175 pounds. That's still obese! I see this a lot where people set goal weights when they are probably underestimating their potential! I understand people want to set realistic goals, but why go so far when you only just a little more to go before your REAL moment of victory? The "healthy" range! Really, if you've set a high final goal weight, consider the fact that with a little more time, you can do even more than that! All it takes is a little more time.

Errrr, you what mate? You think a person who manages to lose 50% of their body weight hasn't won?

Seriously?

my thought exactly, and I had read enough before I got hru the first page. So glad to see so many of us can celebrate "ALL" victories

Liking it more here each day.