exercise.png
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, six freezing miles today :huh:
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    This Challenge has been the best thing that has happened for my fitness regime. Guys, please do carry the challenge months over months, and I'm looking forward to "December Walking Challenge" !

I totally agree! This challenge has put walking every day (or as much as my busy schedule will allow) into the forefront of my mind and helped to keep me focused on my goals. Thanks you guys for this challenge and I too hope that it continues on month after month. I'm totally looking forward to the December walking challenge and I hope that I'm able to push myself even farther in the upcoming months! We should totally change it to the "December Miles Challenge" because soon I'm going to be doing more jogging than walking! lol And I know others are doing biking too. The "Miles Challenge" just seems to be more inclusive to all forms of exercise that involves racking up the miles. :D
    e holiday meal. :D *hugs*

As I joined the challenge late... I really didn't know if other forms of exercise that created miles, other than walking, running and swimming were countable? I too totally agree, I would like to add biking. So I could change it up more and do a mixture of walking and biking. Just thinking I am excited for December to start, so I can work on getting a full month in! :happy:
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    November will be over in only 3 days so here’s a little update on our progress:

• 1,330.8 total miles walked.
    • 7 people reached their target (katjack, barty, ladybug, luckie, vbhoj, I_wanna_b_RN, esorcel).
    • 11 people walked over 50 miles.
    • 20 of 49 starters should make their goals.

Keep posting your results on the thread. You make it easier for me to collect the data & prepare the final chart.

Whao! We are doing so awesome! Thanks so much for keeping track for us and doing the math and chart! That's very cool of you! :D
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Current count 65.5 miles
    Goal 75 miles

Congrats all of you who have already hit your goals! The rest of us are right behind ya!
  • dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    Options
    I will join for December:) I just joined this sight..
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    I will join for December:) I just joined this sight..

Welcome to the site! :D I hope you find it as helpful as I have! *hugs*

Oh and feel free to add me to your friends list. Having active people on your friends list is what gives this site it's "magic". lol It's no fun if there is no one to help encourage and help keep you motivated.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Did an exercise class at the gym this am but I jumped on the treadmill before I left. Knocked out 2.3 miles and have updated the stats below. Only a few more miles to go and I'll pass my goal of 101 miles for this month.

Gonna get my sister on board for December. She's been doing 5 miles a day for the last few days on her home treadmill and is trying very hard to get back on track after having her third child in september. She wants to get all the weight off she gained while having 3 kids - about 30lbs total. We've done this together twice now - I'm still working on it since my 2nd kid.
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    + 6 (.2)

Went over my goal AND I set a PR for a 10K. Yay me. Going to try to pick up another 2 tomorrow to get over 50.

Yay for everyone that finished and super yay for everyone that met their goal. Not sure what I'm going to set for December. The cold and a week of vacation is certainly going to impact my milage. :)
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello, well we found some snow this afternoon !!! Managed another 6 miles though... just thawing out now lol.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    7 miles today. i'm getting ready to update my ticker. I am trying hard to get to 75 miles, but I am taking up to 4 workout classes a week and haven't been getting in as many miles. Plus its colder out and I just don't have the drive to bundle up and walk outside. But I would love to continue this challenge next month. I wouldn't have pushed myself as hard as I did if it wasn't for this board. I will lower my miles to 50 next month, I missed the October goal and trying hard to make the November goal. I don't want to miss the December mile goal too!
    the classes are a good way to keep me interested and add variety to my workout. I go with a few different friends and they help keep me accountable and motivated.
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Adding another 4 miles, I'm really wanting to make my goal for November.
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    I'm proud of you all for braving the cold - and some even braving the snow and ice - to get your miles in! That's really wonderful and inspiring! Thank you guys for helping to keep me inspired and motivated! :D *hugs*
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Current count 70.5 miles
    Goal 75 miles

4.5 miles to go! woo hoo! I love my weekend miles when I get to be outside!
  • dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    Options
    I started my walking ticker:) yay:)
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Walked 2 miles today.

November Challenge = 30 miles - 19 miles done = 11 miles left to go
  • indianajonex
    Options
    Another 1.5 km swimming

exercise.png
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Not walking or running today, just wanted to put my three miles on here from yesterday.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    I am planning on meeting my goal today. I have about 4 miles to go so my plan is to walk the treadmill. this was a great challenge..kept me accountable, motivationed, and energized (that is when I exericse).

Have a great walking day!!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    gonna finish up my 3miles today with a lunch time walk and a c25k run tonight after work as long as the rain holds off....if not, i'll be rushing home to jump on the Treadmill before my husband gets home with the kids.....i want to finish today so anything i do tomorrow will be BONUS since i do the treadmill while watching Biggest Loser on tues nights....