Options

Replies

• bethsherbahn
    Options

exercise.png
  • Fawnie
    Fawnie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i found this thread too late, november is practically over!
    oh well. i'll just add a few miles from nov. to my christmas challenge ^^
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Four Miles for me today! :D The sweetie and I did laps around the mall. It was so fun, and dang, I'm getting so much stronger! :) I love it! I'm also about to start the Couch to 5k week two. I'm so jazzed about it! :D I did week one for like two weeks because I didn't feel strong enough to move on to the second week, but now I do. So yeah, even if I have to do each week twice I'll get there!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Four Miles for me today! :D The sweetie and I did laps around the mall. It was so fun, and dang, I'm getting so much stronger! :) I love it! I'm also about to start the Couch to 5k week two. I'm so jazzed about it! :D I did week one for like two weeks because I didn't feel strong enough to move on to the second week, but now I do. So yeah, even if I have to do each week twice I'll get there!

Good for you! It took me six full months to complete the C25K and run the complete three miles. Listen to your body and take the time you need, it's an amazing feeling when you know you can do it! :)
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Closer to my goal. I think I should reach it sometime this week or next week.

Have a great day!
  • bethsherbahn
    Options

exercise.png
  • bethsherbahn
    Options
    i mess up so im going to redue it!!!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Walked 1 mile during lunch yesterday, and 2 miles this morning for a total of 3 more miles. Planning to reach my goal soon!

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

Good for you! It took me six full months to complete the C25K and run the complete three miles. Listen to your body and take the time you need, it's an amazing feeling when you know you can do it! :)

i'm sticking to week 6 right now....i am just not ready to move onto straight running with no recovery intervals....i'm going to modify the plan and build up to the longer runs for a few more weeks..you go from running 1 mile walking 1/2 mile running 1 mile and then jump right to running 2 1/4 and then 2 1/2 and 2 3/4 and then 3.....that is just not realistic for me....i started the c25k program on july 29th.....so the 6 wks i have "completed" have taken me almost 17 weeks and i'm running at least twice a week as part of this program....AND i completed the disney 1/2 marathon this past january doing intervals of running and walking....i just want to be able to RUNNNNNNNNN 3.1 miles straight...slow and steady wins the race they say :)
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to post another update. The chart showing everyone is really awesome! Nice job! I think I may make it to my goal. I just need to up my effort a little. :)
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Hello everyone :smile:

Adding another 2 miles, hoping to get that 3rd in later!
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Current count 50.5 miles
    Goal 75 miles
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    1.75 miles today! I gotta make a big push this week and next week to get to the finish line!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Got at least 4 miles in today but still not good on the food front.....day off = no willpower :grumble: but Tomorrow is a new day!!!
  • StacySkinny
    Options

Thank you, hun! I appreciate the advice and support! :D I know with someone my size it's best I take it slow. I don't want to damage my knees. You're totally right, it's best to listen to your body. *hugs*
  • StacySkinny
    Options

i'm sticking to week 6 right now....i am just not ready to move onto straight running with no recovery intervals....i'm going to modify the plan and build up to the longer runs for a few more weeks..you go from running 1 mile walking 1/2 mile running 1 mile and then jump right to running 2 1/4 and then 2 1/2 and 2 3/4 and then 3.....that is just not realistic for me....i started the c25k program on july 29th.....so the 6 wks i have "completed" have taken me almost 17 weeks and i'm running at least twice a week as part of this program....AND i completed the disney 1/2 marathon this past january doing intervals of running and walking....i just want to be able to RUNNNNNNNNN 3.1 miles straight...slow and steady wins the race they say :)

Awesome work! You're right, you'll totally get there! Doing it slowly is a great way to build strength and endurance with a LOT less risk of injury. And yeah, I totally agree that jumping from running 1 mile to 2 1/4 then 2 3/4 then 3 is quite fast. For most people I think it should transition a bit slower than that and build a little more slowly.
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    ONE WEEK left guys! Some of us have to really kick it in gear over the next 7 days to reach our goals! :D You can do it!! I have faith in you guys!

To those who are close to or have already reached their monthly goals - Push yourself! Go farther, surpass it, and leave your goal in the dust!

As for me - I have 3 miles until my goal. I hope to surpass it though. I guess we'll see! :D

Rock on everyone!
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    posting my 4.14 miles today !
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    6.28 today with a walk at lunch and the treadmill watching biggest loser tonight....
    i'm up to 87% complete...i'm so happy i joined this challenge...looking forward to december