November Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, Six and a half miles done today :happy: it was actually hot walking in the sun...not bad for end of November :bigsmile:
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I decided that since I live in Canada, I am going to record my progress in kilometres. This is much easier for me to track. So I am just dropping in to update my stats. Have a great day all!
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    back to my regular 4.14 miles for today.
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Walked 1 mile today. Have a great weekend!!!

Challenge = 30 miles - 9 miles done = 21 miles left to go
  • merryxmas15
    merryxmas15 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yayyy! Got past that half way mark and now thinking I might just make my goal!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Walked 4 1/2 miles today, yay for getting some more walking in before November is over!
  • bethsherbahn
    Options

exercise.png
  • bigmama65
    Options
    I am just wondering how long it takes you to walk a mile? If you are not to shy can you please answer a couple of questions.

1 - How much you weigh
    2 - How long it takes you to walk a mile
    3 - How many miles in a reg day do you try and walk
    4 - When did you start your walking

I am approximately 300lbs
    Walk one mile in 22 minutes
    Try to walk 2 miles a day
    Started walking on this challenge a few days ago - but started walking 2 months ago.

TIA
  • merryxmas15
    merryxmas15 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Hope everyone is doing well and walk walk walking!!
  • barty
    Options
    Hello all, I walked 6.5 miles today but have just got in from a friends Birthday celebration meal so have eaten and drank far too much :sick:
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Walked 2 miles today.

Challenge = 30 miles - 11 miles done = 19 miles left to go
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Added 3.2 miles between Friday and Saturday. I'm planning to step up my game and to reach that goal!

exercise.png
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    3.5 miles Couldnt hit the gym yesterday, cuz we got snowed in. :grumble:
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I am just wondering how long it takes you to walk a mile? If you are not to shy can you please answer a couple of questions.

1 - How much you weigh

I am approximately 300lbs
    Walk one mile in 22 minutes
    Try to walk 2 miles a day
    Started walking on this challenge a few days ago - but started walking 2 months ago.

TIA

@ bigmama: I'm not shy to answer the questions. Perhaps my data won't help you too much because I'm a guy, but anyway. I'm 6'3" tall, weigh 245 lbs, walk 16 mins/mile, run 10 minute miles. I try to walk 3 miles a day and I've been walking for ever. Today I walked 7 miles, it was a beautiful, sunny, warm day.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Here's the updated chart. Miles walked are in color blue, miles to target in red, miles over target in green.

- As a group we walked 1,023 miles so far. :smile:
    - My educated guess is that about 20 people will reach their goal by the end of the month.:smile:
    - As the chart can get very cluttered I had exclude a few people. If you don't see your name, then (1) you walked less than 10% of your targeted miles or (2) you never updated your ticker. :cry: Don't worry though. You can always reappear in the chart if you make some progress :happy:

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

image002-1.gif
  • indianajonex
    Options
    Hi!

Nice chart!

Today, another 100 laps in the 25 m. pool, so 2,5 km more. Yay! (I'm exhausted!!!)
    Jane.

exercise.png
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Saturday- 4.7 miles, Sunday 6.45 miles, going to update my ticker and make a plan for the rest of the month to reach my goal.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    1 - How much you weigh

1. 204-208 right now...i'm holding a bit of water and hope it is gone by my next weigh in
    2. i can walk a mile in about 15 mins or so depending if i'm leisurely or hoofing it...
    3. i have been trying this month to double up my workouts....try to get in 2-3 during my lunch and on the nights i run i typically do 2.5-3 and on the nights i do the treadmill i do 4-6...
    4. i have been walking and running for about 18 months now since i started training for the half marathon i did this past january and have continued as i'm doing the c25k training program now...

i did 1 mile on the heart trail with the kids last night at the playground/park and just finished 8 miles of walking and some running on the treadmill....got a netflix movie knocked out and 2 half hr sitcoms done too....now off to the shower....8 miles can make you very very sweaty...
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    great chart dinos...thanks for doing it.....
    here's my plan for finishing off the month
    Mon, 11/22 5 - walking @ lunch and then running after work
    Tue, 11/23 6 - treadmill watching biggest loser
    Wed, 11/24 5 - walking @ lunch and then running after work
    Thu, 11/25 3 - run with a friend in the am
    Fri, 11/26 3 - run outside or on treadmill
    Sat, 11/27 0 - group power class @ gym...maybe i'll try to get in a run but not going to fret over it...
    Sun, 11/28 3 - run outside or on treadmill
    Mon, 11/29 5 - walking @ lunch and then running after work
    Tue, 11/30 6 - treadmill watching biggest loser
  • barty
    Options
    Dinos.... love the chart thanks again! Only got 2.5 miles in today and have had a couple of rubbish eating days :sad: will try much harder tomorrow :happy: