November Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello Walkers!!! didn't post my results for yesterday but walked for 6 miles and did another 5 miles today :happy: so i'm happy with the walking but no so happy with the eating :embarassed: must try harder!!!

Dinos thanks for doing the chart, its a real encouragement ...... and you are sooo good at doing them :drinker:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    so 3.36 walking/stairs and then 2.53 running tonight...
    i'm at 50.3 miles...i'm going to move my goal up to 101 miles....see if i can do one mile more in the second half as the first half of the month...
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great work dinos, thanks for putting up the effort !

Taking inspiration from some peeps here who do 6 miles, I'm trying to step up up from my regular 3 miles/day. So I've done 4.14 miles today, hope to walk longer tomorrow.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    3.98 miles for me today (I'm just going to call it 4 lol). We walked the hiking and biking trails around Lake Natoma today. It's so beautiful there! Yay for days off work! Wow, we're only half way through the month and I've only got 11 miles 'til goal! I'm so going to leave that goal behind in my dust! hahah! :D I'll have to be sure and give myself a higher goal next month! I think I'll just continue to shoot for more and more miles every month and keep pushing myself farther and farther. :)
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    I would like to join also. I know it is the middle of November but I hope I am still welcome to jump in. My walking goal will be to walk 30 miles. I use to walk as exercise for MFP up until a month ago and then I just suddenly stopped and never picked it up again, so I am hoping this will get my butt in gear. Happy walking everyone.:drinker:

Of course you are :) You can even make a ticker to show off your progress, dinos has a spreadsheet that shows how far we're all getting, and how much we've all walked as a group its pretty cool.

Thanks virgo and I will look into putting up a ticker for walking. Thank you dinos for making a spreadsheet also good to follow how we all are doing. Everyone seems to be walking and posting their amount each day. I know this will help me with getting started in walking once again.

I am happy to report that I walked 2.5 miles today. Goal 30 miles - 2.5 miles = 27.5 miles to go. :drinker:
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    @ bigmama65 - Nice work, sweetie! Get your walk on, girl! heheh :D Welcome to the group!
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stacy. :flowerforyou: I feel good about this walking group. I know its just what I need to get motivated once again. Losing weight is just so darn hard. :grumble:
  • emmaj35
    Options
    I have done 42 miles so far aiming for the 100 still - its excellent I am keeping a chart as well - I love doing this
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • bethsherbahn
    Options

exercise.png
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    OK, today is Decision Day. Since I signed up for a 1/2 marathon in March, I figure I might as well get started and get busy on pace training without the week off. No time like the present right? I'm scheduled for three miles today, but it's raining like hell outside. If it's just sprinking around 5, I'll go. If it's still nasty rain I'm afraid I'll be off to bad start!!! :)
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Added 4.5 miles! I'm more than half way there. Thanksgiving is next week and my adrenaline is kicking. Is anyone else having a much stronger drive to complete the challenge? A sense of accomplishment is always a great feeling.

exercise.png
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Another three miles today! Woot woot!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Added 4.5 miles! I'm more than half way there. Thanksgiving is next week and my adrenaline is kicking. Is anyone else having a much stronger drive to complete the challenge? A sense of accomplishment is always a great feeling.

exercise.png

I find that the last 8-10 days are the best for me. I can get in about 4 miles a day.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

exercise.png

i have to agree 100%...this is the first monthly challenge i have completed and been successful at - and i did it in half the time....i have doubled my goal plus one now that i made my original goal by the 15th of the month...i'm so excited to put up another 51 miles before the end of the month....thanks to the poster who started this thread, i forgot who it was but i'm even looking forward to next month meeting a bigger goal....

i did 2 miles today during lunch and plan on doing another 4-6 tonight on the treadmill while watching biggest loser....
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    @ barty I'm good with spreadsheets, but you are bloody good in setting goals and achieving them :bigsmile:
    [

I am, I am [having a stronger drive] :smile: My best month in terms of mileage so far was August, when I walked 86.1 miles. To have a stronger sense of accomplishment I'll follow bluiz's example and up my goal from 62 to 87 miles, just to break my standing record. Btw bluiz congrats, your decision to double your target is very inspiring.

If you're interested in the group progress, the spreadsheet is always at the same address, I do my best to keep it updated. Since the chart was well received, 'll post a new chart next Monday.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello!! Well thank you Dinos :drinker: I might be good at achieving goals but finding it soooo hard to keep to goal weight , i'm up and down all the time (much more up than down) and its not looking good today food wise as its my day off and full of temptations!!! :devil: Not so bad on the walking front, have managed 4.5 miles today lol
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Current count 40.5 miles
    Goal 75 miles

I walked 2 miles during my lunch break (there is a great hill by work- incline burn). It was funny- my claves were literally shrieking in protest for the first half mile! They can't believe I was breaking up their 9 hours of desk sitting luxury to do hills!

It felt so good- it's beautiful outside today!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    For all you Leslie Sansone fans. I found a walking video at the library called Flat Belly Workout: Walk off Belly Fat w/ Ellen Barrett. She's like the modern day Leslie. It was a great workout from start to finish and I never got bored. her voice isn't as annoying either, so that helps. the video is 30 minutes and then it comes with a bonus 8 minute ab workout. throughout the workout, there are stop and tone segments for abs. She also incorporate small arm movements. Has anyone heard of it? Apparently, its inspired by the flat belly workout book. I don't know how many miles it is, but I planned on logging it as low impact aerobics.

Going to get more miles in tomorrow. Just wanted to pass that along to anyone who may be interested.
  • merryxmas15
    merryxmas15 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Not quite halfway there but I'm off work next week so that will give me a little more time!