November Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    10 miles total for Sat. and Sun. This has been the best week ever, walking wise.

Good luck all!!!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    2 miles on the elliptical today!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Got to add six more today. I havent decided if I'm taking next week 'off' (not training hard because I'll be on vacation this weekend) or if I'm going to go ahead and start pace training. I've got until Tuesday to decide. Knowing me, I'm sure I'll make it as hard as possible.
  • mandy78
    Options
    I will gladly join the group even if it the 14th of Nov. I will say that I will go for 30 miles, trying to set a goal that I can really reach. Happy walking everyone!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I did 3 miles rollerblading tonight but I'm not going to count it in my totals.
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    I would like to join also. I know it is the middle of November but I hope I am still welcome to jump in. My walking goal will be to walk 30 miles. I use to walk as exercise for MFP up until a month ago and then I just suddenly stopped and never picked it up again, so I am hoping this will get my butt in gear. Happy walking everyone.:drinker:
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Added 3 more miles today. Bonus: I'm also becoming a faster walker, and can jog longer. Yeah!

exercise.png
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi, six miles walked today :happy:

Wow, I need to learn the secret behind the strength. :noway:

Updating my miles today - 3.15

EDIT: What is the avg. speed that you guys walk ? I think speed also makes a big difference in terms of calories burnt. I do mine at around 4.1 miles, I tried 4.5 for couple of days but that's just too fast for me to carry on everyday.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    47 people joined the challenge, 30 have submitted results, the average goal for November is 49.3 miles. Considering that today is the 15th of the month we should be halfway to our targets (we are about 1/4 of the way as a group, 11 people are over 50%).

See the progress chart. The higher you are on the chart, the closer you are to your goal miles. The blue bar shows your target and the red bar shows the distance you walked already. Hope this helps.

image001-1.gif
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Getting there!

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    Options
    Thanks for the spreadsheet, I_wanna_be_an_RN!! Looks very nice and organized. :happy:

My progress in my signature is pretty accurate, when I finish a walk I put the miles down right away. I've been sick for the past few days, so I have only been walking about 2-3 miles at a time. Still drinking plenty of fluids and still losing weight so I'm not worried. :smile:

dinos is doing the spreadsheet.....thank you to you for your effort...it is awesome to see everyone's progress....there are ALOT of people doing this challenge - i keep track of about 10 people on a speadsheet for an end of the year challenge and i know how hard it is to keep up with that number....thanks again....i have my own personal tracker on my home computer but it is fun/nice to see how others are competing in this challenge....
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I would like to join also. I know it is the middle of November but I hope I am still welcome to jump in. My walking goal will be to walk 30 miles. I use to walk as exercise for MFP up until a month ago and then I just suddenly stopped and never picked it up again, so I am hoping this will get my butt in gear. Happy walking everyone.:drinker:

Of course you are :) You can even make a ticker to show off your progress, dinos has a spreadsheet that shows how far we're all getting, and how much we've all walked as a group its pretty cool.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am hoping for a six mile day somewhere there. That is great motivation.

Completed 2 miles this morning.

exercise.png
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Two more miles. Couldn't get as much in today. Gym was crowded and I couldn't concentrate.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    no miles today but I did an awesome stability ball class!
  • bethsherbahn
    Options

exercise.png
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Current count 38.5 miles
    Goal 75 miles

hehe- WORK! Logged 11 miles this weekend.

Thanks for the chart! That is amazing!:flowerforyou:
  • bluiz13
    Options
    did 3.43 miles today at lunch including 22 floors of stairs up and down.....plan on doing c25k after work and will HOPEFULLY make my 50 mile goal for the month before i put my butt in van to head home tonight....then i think i'm going to shoot for 51 more miles to make 101 total for the month of November....this has been my first monthly goal/challenge i have made since i started trying challenges....can't wait to pass my goal later tonight...
  • emmaj35
    Options
    I am still about and trying to achieve the 100 miles, I am still having issues getting my ticker loaded up can someone advise me on this as I would like to see it in black and white
  • bluiz13
    Options
    I am still about and trying to achieve the 100 miles, I am still having issues getting my ticker loaded up can someone advise me on this as I would like to see it in black and white

it is there...0 miles complete...is that right??