November Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• skinnyack
    Options
    Current count 75 miles
    Goal 75 miles

Here's me running across the finish line! wooooooooooooooooo! :drinker:

Can't wait to move my *kitten* in December!
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Walked 2 miles today.

November Challenge = 30 miles - 24 miles done = 6 miles left to go

So I didn't make my goal this time. But I am proud to say this November walking challenge has got my butt up and walking once again. 24 miles in 15 days (started in the middle of Nov) not too bad for a 300lbs person to do. :) Looking forward to completing my December Challenge.
  • merryxmas15
    merryxmas15 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal and went 3 over! I have set my goal for december to 75 miles and that will be a stretch but we'll see how it goes. I just wanted to tell everyone that participated in this challenge GOOD JOB!! Even if you didn't meet your goal you at least got up and tried and that is worth a lot!! Everyone give yourselves a little pat on the back and get ready for december!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    walked to the water department at lunch time and got 1.55 miles in....
    did 4 more miles on the treadmill tonight watching part of the biggest loser.....
    i officially completed 107 miles in november.....
    i have scaled my miles back for december only because i'm thinking of starting the shred dvd again....if i pass my goal of 75 miles than great but i'd rather have a goal i can reach than to fail.....

good job to everyone who was close, made or passed their goal...way to stick it out....
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Goodbye November, HELLO DECEMBER!!!!!
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone who took up the Nov challenge, does not really matter even if you did not finished yours, taking up a challenge & pushing yourself to it in itself is an achievement ! :drinker:

Finished mine with 47.5 miles with a target of 35 miles.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I walked 8 miles in the past two days, so I managed to go over my goal! I'm so proud of me! I'm totally going to have to step up my goal for next month and challenge myself even more!

This month was AWESOME!

My total miles for November - 41.5 miles! That's 6.5 miles over my goal! Not to bad considering I'm a 5'4" woman who weighs 316 lbs.

I'm so proud of all of us for being part of this challenge and striving for our goals! I think next month we will do even better! :D
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    See below the November results: (Note: I only included people that walked over 10 miles). I am very impressed by these numbers, the effort exceeded my wildest expectations. Way to go and happy moving-your-butt in December

• 1,526 miles walked in November
    • 3 ladies walked over 100 miles !!!
    • 18 people walked over 40 miles
    • 53.4 miles was the average distance
    • 15 out of 49 reached their targets

image001-2.gif

P.S. Barty walked 143 miles but it didn't fit in the chart
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Whoo!!!! That's amazing, dinos!
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    See below the November results: (Note: I only included people that walked over 10 miles). I am very impressed by these numbers, the effort exceeded my wildest expectations. Way to go and happy moving-your-butt in December

• 1,526 miles walked in November
    • 3 ladies walked over 100 miles !!!
    • 18 people walked over 40 miles
    • 53.4 miles was the average distance
    • 15 out of 49 reached their targets

image001-2.gif

P.S. Barty walked 143 miles but it didn't fit in the chart

Simply Amazing Everyone!!! Thank you Dinos for compiling the numbers and charting it!!!
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Thank you Dinos, you did an awesome job charting. WTG everyone!!! Good luck in the December Challenge.
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Didn't quite make it. I walked 28 km out of my 30 km. Will do better in the December Challenge. Way to go all!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    wow, that is very impressive....thanks dinos for keeping track of us all....

i'm so proud of myself for being one of the "ladies" that completed over 100 miles...hope to keep up the trend in december even though i lowered my goal.....
    please join us on the december thread if you havent already...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/138089-december-move-your-*kitten*-challenge
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dino for making an amazing chart!!!!

I have completed my 50 miles in 30 days ( 2 days ago), but I forgot to update my ticker...it's fine.
  • dinos
    Options
    Thanks Dino for making an amazing chart!!!!

I have completed my 50 miles in 30 days ( 2 days ago), but I forgot to update my ticker...it's fine.

I know that you didn't update your ticker, but I was almost certain that you would reach your 50 miles. I couldn't fix the chart, but counted you as the 15th person who made her goal :smile:
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Awesome work dinos, thanks for watching over us! :flowerforyou:
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    @ dinos - I was actually 6.5 miles over my goal, and you have me several miles lower - but that's ok. :)

Anyway, thanks for the graph - I know that must have taken a lot of work! :D
  • dinos
    Options
    Stacyskinny, Positively_me and momsdumplin: You walked those miles, you deserve to see them posted. To correct the injustice I attach the edited chart with your correct figures.

The revised total for November is 1,532.2 miles.

image001-3.gif
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    aww, thanks Dinos :smile: you didn't have to do that:flowerforyou:
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Stacyskinny, Positively_me and momsdumplin: You walked those miles, you deserve to see them posted. To correct the injustice I attach the edited chart with your correct figures.

The revised total for November is 1,532.2 miles.

image001-3.gif

That's AWESOME! Thanks so much for your hard work, Dino!
    It's so great to see me up there with that yellow over my goal! That really makes me very happy! :D