November Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I did three miles today. Yay! I'm proud of me! heheh It was tough to keep walking laps around the mall despite the way people treat me or look at me.

Oh goodness, being a fat person in California is TOUGH! People here treat you like a leaper when you're fat. *kitten*! lol
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Ok I'm in again- up-ing my goal to 75 miles for the month.
    Current count 2.5
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    2 more miles on the bike tonight.
  • tosunnyskies
    tosunnyskies Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh count me in walking is my preferred exercise so I am excited. My goal will be 60 miles by the end of November. Woo hoo I am so excited about this. Thanks for starting this challenge.
  • kara_leigh
    Options
    I walked ~2 miles on Monday and I walked 3 miles today. I could have walked more today but I walked with a friend and she walked much slower than I would. I'm going by myself tomorrow so I hope to get more in. :)

Based on the 3 miles I walked today I made my goal to be a total of 40 miles, but I have a feeling I'm going to reach that easily. Next month will be higher, I'm sure. ;)
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    4 miles on the bike and the day's not over yet....
    BIKE!? Isn't this the Walking Challenge? heheh Oh well, exercise is exercise. :) Well done!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I've never done a walking challenge before. I have no clue as to what my goal should be at my size and fitness level. I'm just going to throw a number out there and see what happens. lol I'll shoot for 35 miles this month. Is that too much? Too little? I don't know. I guess I'll find out. lol But I won't learn unless I try.

lol...well you can always go over, not like you have to stop at 35. :oP You'll be up there before you know it!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    3 miles walked today...though they weren't very fun...I was tired, and the only reason I even went is because I over ate today...but I'm logging it, and now I'm at 7 already for the month and its only the 3rd. yay!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    count me in, I am going to try for 35 miles. this is a great challenge...........
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    3 miles walked today...though they weren't very fun...I was tired, and the only reason I even went is because I over ate today...but I'm logging it, and now I'm at 7 already for the month and its only the 3rd. yay!

HAHAH! Awesome! Girl you're off to a great start!! Keep this up and you might have to change your goals! :D
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I had tried the ticker factory but couldn't get it to work...here's another try!

exercise.png
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Great! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    just over 14 miles in the first 3 days....doing a double work out on tuesday helped...gonna take a walk at lunch today and then i'm going to use the treadmill and elliptical tonight...only going to count the treadmill miles though...i'll update my signature later tonight or tomorrow after i work out today....i love knowing i can complete this challenge...i actually may have to up my goal because i honestly see myself reaching 50 before the end of the month...thanks for helping me find a challenge i can successfully complete...
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Current count 4.5 miles
    Goal 75 miles
  • kara_leigh
    Options

Same here. I was exhausted when I woke up and almost didn't go, but I forced myself to. I walked 3 miles today, for a total of 8 so far. I got home and fell into bed and slept for 2.5 hours. It's weird b/c today was completely different than the last two days I've walked. The other days I got home and I was hyper and couldn't settle down...today I was lethargic and exhausted. I walk for an hour each day, and today I wanted to quit after 30 minutes but pushed myself to go the entire time.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, did better today with the walking, 7 miles done :happy:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Two more miles to log in!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    I had tried the ticker factory but couldn't get it to work...here's another try!

exercise.png

you can also paste the code into your ticker, and it will update automatically when you updated your goals on the site.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    1 mile walked today.... I was going to shoot for more, but I was tired (again) and just wasn't up to it...I'm sure I'll make it up next week.
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Another 3 miles for me today! The Sweetie and I went to San Francisco and walked the trails in Golden Gate Park. OMG it's SO PRETTY there! Guess what guys? I actually JOGGED today! I only did it for about a minute to a minute and a half but dang it I JOGGED! I know that sounds ridiculous to be happy about something that "small" but I weighed 300 lbs by the time I was in high school and haven't been able to run or jog in my adult life. So yeah, I'm SO JAZZED. I'm not sure it's very smart for someone who weighs 323 lbs to jog, considering how much strain it puts on my ankles, knees, and joints. So I might have to lose some more weight before trying that again. I don't know. All I know is that I LOVED it and I didn't want to stop but was afraid I'd injure myself if I didn't. I need to try and find some professional advice about that.

On a side note - I've been on this challenge for 3 days now and have already done 8 miles! Yay! :D I'm proud of myself! Two weeks ago *before starting the challenge* I beat my own record and actually went for SIX MILES! Guys, if a 300+ lb woman can walk that far you guys can too! :D heheh