Please read before entering the forums...

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Tip #21-Dr OZ...Not always right. Do your research people. In fact, most of the time, whatever he says one week, he will contradict the next week.

Corollary: anything he says will be contradicted immediately by science.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Tip #20- Cauliflower can and will be used as a substitute for just about anything....

Only in the Matrix. Because.... chicken.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Tip #20- Cauliflower can and will be used as a substitute for just about anything....
    #20 Cont- It will also make your house smell like farts and taste horrible--nothing like the real thing.

blogger-image-829831890.jpg
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I'm in.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Tip # 21 - Broad beans are not food.

Um Yeah Broad beans are food - Uranium is not food!

If Uranium is not food, What do feed a reactor? (Its humor folks, be gentle)
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    #20 Cont- It will also make your house smell like farts and taste horrible--nothing like the real thing.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2821-1359048723-1.gif
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Tip #42 Squirrels like to eat lucky charms.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member

Two questions:
    1. How does califlower make your house taste bad?
    2. What does a house normally taste like?

????
  • srslybritt
    Tip # 21 - Broad beans are not food.

Um Yeah Broad beans are food - Uranium is not food!

If Uranium is not food, What do feed a reactor? (Its humor folks, be gentle)
    36083310.jpg
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member

Just to the cauliflower...I like everything else there...
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-21605-1326297733-1.gif
  • srslybritt

Two questions:
    1. How does califlower make your house taste bad?
    2. What does a house normally taste like?

????
    My house usually has a very pleasant, deep flavor with nutty undertones.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    My beautiful friend (who is also a friend on MFP klq0587) posted this to my wall on FB. This scale can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity. That's it!!! It cannot measure beauty, talent, purpose life force, possibility, strength or love. Happy Friday everyone!!!!

Although I have been victim of becoming a slave to the numbers myself, it is not the number that decides your worth!!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Fun thread. In.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    In because Friday. :happy:

Also, I have to add, I LOVE cauliflower. But I eat it AS cauliflower. If I want rice, pizza, or 'buffalo wings', I will eat rice, pizza, or 'buffalo wings', thank you very much! :drinker:
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Tip #42 Squirrels like to eat lucky charms.

Ya know I love ya and all but where'd you learn how to count?
  • rightoncommander
    rightoncommander Posts: 114 Member
    #1 Don't argue with people who think that muscle weighs the same as fat.

You might as well try to convince a flat-earther of the near-spherical nature of our planet, or a moon landing denier that it was easier to land on the moon in 1969 than to produce a convincing fake.

Having made the rule, and I believe it is rule number 1, I will break it this last time.

What do you think someone means when they say one substance weighs more than another? They mean that it is denser. What else could someone older than 2 possibly mean by that? What do nuclear physicists mean by "heavy water"? They mean water that, by virtue of having extra neutrons in its atomic nuclei, weighs more than the same volume of ordinary water, i.e. it is denser. Or are these PhD physicists ignorant of the most basic nature of the world around them, something even a kindergartener can understand?

Explaining slowly and carefully to someone that a pound of one thing weighs the same as a pound of something else is condescending in the extreme, and just results in two people thinking the other is stupid. Assuming that the people you communicate with have the intelligence of a mollusc is not the best way to make friends and influence people.

Why should I say "denser" to appease people who have a rigid and incomplete definition of certain English terms?

And I'm pretty certain you'd find a good correlation between the belief that muscle and fat weigh the same and failure to achieve fitness goals. Why else stick doggedly to such an absurd position, if not to rationalise another doughnut?

I think that might have qualified as a rant, but I feel better for it, especially since it wasn't aimed at any one luddite in particular.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member

you-mad.gif
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    nothingtoadd_zps8e63725a.gif
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    To my friend:

6qBHT.gif

Great post!!