Logging through the holidays challenge

Options
Hi! Anyone want to join me on a "logging through the holidays" challenge? It doesn't matter where you are in your journey, as long as you want to commit to logging your Food and Exercise every day from now through January 1, 2011. I was thinking about it this morning. At first, I thought, "I'll be really good from now til Thanksgiving, and then maybe I will take a break until after the holidays. I'll still try to "be good", but I am not going to log every morsel that I eat". :drinker:

Then I thought about it and decided that wasn't a good idea...it would be too easy to lose control and undo all my hard work. :sad: So I decided that, no matter what, I will log my food and exercise every single day, even if some days I just do a "QUICK ADD CALORIES". That should help keep me accountable.

So, the guidelines will be simple. To join the group, you need to commit to logging your Food and Exercise every day from today through (and including) January 1, 2011. Since everyone has busy schedules, it won't matter if you don't actually log in every day, but you must go back and catch up (hopefully only one day!) You can make your diary public, or not - we'll use the honor system. :flowerforyou: You can use Quick Add Calories if you want, but you have to try to at least be in the ballpark. You have to post to this forum at least one a week, to let us know if you are still "with us". Depending on how many people we get in the group, I will try to keep track and post, at least once a week, who's "in" and who's "out".

Reporting weigh-in results is optional, but everyone should strive to have a positive "FINAL REPORT" after January 1st. :bigsmile: Who's in?

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I"m in, luckily I can use my phone to add food, just not recipes. I know if I don't log, it will get ugly in a hurry! Thanks for organizing.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    haha i even logged my halloween stuff lol
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Unfortunately there's no BlackBerry app yet, but hopefully soon.
  • mrsdonaheღ
    Options
    Count me in..This will hopefully make me accountable for what I eat, if I exercise, etc. Now the MFP world knows..LOL
  • tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    Count me in! This has already been something I've been debating. This way I'll be accountable.
  • kswitz2010
    Options
    I'm in!! I just started logging yesterday for the first time and my goal was to continue through Jan 1. So this challenge will help my stay on track!! Thanks!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    I'm in too! I log everyday whether it's good or bad...
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've logged everyday so far. No reason to stop now!
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! It will keep me honest!:laugh:
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm on a roll now and see no reason to stop. I too logged my one Halloween Treat!
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    OK - so far there are 12 of us. Here's the list:
    1. efcdcdb
    2. cardbucfan
    3. mccorml (I think...you posted - but are you in the challenge?)
    4. mybutterflower
    5. mrsdonahe
    6. tristalin
    7. ct1986
    8. kswitz2010
    9. sim247
    10. owengem
    11. frogmama
    12. tenessaa

So, between today and next Tuesday, please post at least once to let us know how you are doing with your logging. I'll try to do periodic updates and recaps during the week. I have been part of groups before and sometimes they die off, so I'll try to keep this one going. Some of you "friended" me, so that's great. I'll be keeping an eye on you. :wink:

Any questions or suggestions?
  • padbh
    padbh Posts: 40
    Options
    I am in dont know if i responded correctly:laugh:
  • janamuma
    Options
    Count me in!!!!!!
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    OK - we are up to 14. I added "padbh" and "janamuma".

Let the challenge begin!!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Next 24 hours will be tough. Going out of town for son's swim meet and will be eating 2 dinners out, 1 lunch out and 1 breakfast out. We tend to eat at local restaurants vs. chains so getting nutritional data will be quite the challenge! At least hope to get a workout in before the meet starts (luckily it's held at a YMCA pool so I can use the Y while he is warming up) and I'll bring my own snacks but boy I'm worried about the rest!
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    Next 24 hours will be tough. Going out of town for son's swim meet and will be eating 2 dinners out, 1 lunch out and 1 breakfast out. We tend to eat at local restaurants vs. chains so getting nutritional data will be quite the challenge! At least hope to get a workout in before the meet starts (luckily it's held at a YMCA pool so I can use the Y while he is warming up) and I'll bring my own snacks but boy I'm worried about the rest!

Yeah, but LIFE is tough...the better we learn to incorporate these things into our eating and exercise habits, the better off we'll be. I definitely "hear ya", though. As far as the restaurants, even if I can't find the exact same things, I usually find something tht seems similar and log that. If you look at my diary sometimes, you'd think I eat out at all different restaurant chains all the time. :laugh: Just plan on logging when you get a chance, and then DO IT! :bigsmile:
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    What does everyone else have going on for the weekend? I don't have much this weekend, except I plan on baking some cookies for a work lunch event that isbeing held on Monday. I won't "chow down" on them, but I know I will lots of bites, licks and tastes. LOL! (But I will log them as Quick Add calories, if necessary)
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Good evening all,

I'm still logging even though I'm not being as angelic as I should! Think tomorrow will be my 105th day...

efcdcdb - no plans for the weekend, well nothing exciting anyway. Need to find somewhere for the boyfriend to get measured for a suit for a wedding in 4 weeks time. I have got myself a little black dress, just need some heels and a clutch!
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    I'm still logging. Nothing particularly exciting unless you count work....that generally is never boring but that is where I will be this weekend.