Logging through the holidays challenge

Options

Replies

• tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    :smile: I'm still here & still on track! Logging every day & down 2 pounds since starting...
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Well, I logged most everything this week except that Chinese food last Sunday. My family keeps laughing at me when I hop on my phone after dinner to enter my food or when I say "keep the computer on, I have to enter this recipe" but I'm doing it. Only lost .4 lbs. this week but after the Chinese food, the Bang Bang shrimp (which I logged in all it's caloric wonder!!) and the cocktails, I'm relieved the scale didn't go up. Getting close to Turkey day so gonna try to eat better this week and start entering those recipes now, it's gonna take awhile!
  • sandi50lock
    sandi50lock Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Count me in I log in rather I do right or not it keeps me honest
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    This is great - can I join too? I was going to make one of these tomorrow but I see you got there first!
    I took this weekend off because I was in a really bad mood and felt like I could do with some cheering up (in the form of chocolate...). Anyway, was SHOCKED at how much I'm capable of eating when I'm left to my own devices so this thread will be great. Had a big gym session today with lots of walking even though I'm not logging today so hopefully I've undone some of the damage...
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,605 Member
    Options
    May I join in too? I've never joined a group before but this one sounds like just what I need.

On Dec. 23 I'll have been on MFP for a whole year. My goal is to figure out, while I"m losing weight, how not to gain it back. One thing I've worked out over the past 11 months is that I'm going to have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life. Although I started during the holiday season last year, I'm a little worried that I might not get through this season without loosening up on my logging. I still have about 6 to 9 months more of losing weight before I'm at my goal weight so I don't want to get off track now.

I try to log at least once a day, sometimes more often but I never let more than three meals go by without logging. I have an iPhone app and I've been known to log what I ordered in the restaurant before the food arrives!

I've logged in every day this month so backdate me!

Thanks,
    Jeanne
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just thought I would give everyone a recap. We have a few members who haven't posted in over a week: mccorml. mybutterflower, mrsdonahe, kwitz2010, owengem, frogmama, tenessaa, padbh, janamuma.

We've had posts from cardbucfan, tristalin, ct1986, sim247, leah660, and amandar910.

We have also added FitRosie, Sandi50lock, xmaxine89, and jeanneTops.

Congrats to everyone who is still with us.

On Thursday and Friday, I was on a mini vacation and I did log everything, but it sure is easy to go overboard without even trying! For example, at the motel's continental breakfast, I had cereal with milk AND a bagel with peanut butter (I had to get my money's worth - ha ha). It was well over double the calories of my normal breakfast. So for me at least, "Logging through the holidays" is going to be a MUST! Hope you are all with me, :love:
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    I even logged the chocolate frosting binge I went on yesterday! UGGHH! Hate those red numbers at the end of the day-but I DID IT!
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    I even logged the chocolate frosting binge I went on yesterday! UGGHH! Hate those red numbers at the end of the day-but I DID IT!

Good job! We are all human (and love to eat, or else we wouldn't be here!!) As long as you don't et those red numbers throw you off the wagon, you'll be fine...:flowerforyou:
  • pamp1emousse
    Options
    I'm so proud of myself - at my dad's birthday tea I logged EVERYTHING I had. Originally I just wrote down the sandwich and slice of cake I had... but later on I went back and decided to be honest. I added that "evening out" of the cake I did, the "just a bite" of a vegetarian sausage roll and the extra half of a sandwich. And my scales still went down today. Woohoo :happy:
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    That's the way to do it xmaxine. Those little "tastes" creep up on you and before you know it, you're gaining weight. I figure if I don't enter it, the only person I'm cheating is myself.
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    So, even though today wasn't an official weigh in day for me (that's Monday's) I was a teensy bit below my goal weight this morning. I decided to increase my goal by 5 pounds. My loss has been soooooo slow, so it might take me a year or so to lose that 5 pounds, but hey - if I'm not gaining, that's O.K., right????:bigsmile:

I'd love to see a few more posts for our challenge group. :frown: How's everyone doing???
  • tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am ashamed to say that yesterday I went way over my calories for the first time since joining MFP a little under a month ago. As much as I did not want to see how far over my calories I went (Peanut M&M's, you are evil...), I logged everthing. Today, however, I am back on track!
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    I am ashamed to say that yesterday I went way over my calories for the first time since joining MFP a little under a month ago. As much as I did not want to see how far over my calories I went (Peanut M&M's, you are evil...), I logged everthing. Today, however, I am back on track!

Glad to see you are still logging....I am a firm believer that logging, even when you have a "bad" day, is a good way to keep on track (or get back on track).Keep it up!
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    Still here, logging away. Disappointed that I appear to have gained 1 lb. so far this week even though I have been working out like a fiend and eating about 1600 per day (1200 + 400 of my exercise calories with room to spare). Sort of that TOM and I have been lifting some weight (muscles really sore so water?) but I sweat like a pig so don't see how I could retain water. Bummed :grumble:
  • pamp1emousse
    Options
    Still here, logging away. Disappointed that I appear to have gained 1 lb. so far this week even though I have been working out like a fiend and eating about 1600 per day (1200 + 400 of my exercise calories with room to spare). Sort of that TOM and I have been lifting some weight (muscles really sore so water?) but I sweat like a pig so don't see how I could retain water. Bummed :grumble:

Ah no annoying! But I'm a firm believer in the fact that if you're doing everything right you WILL see results. Maybe they're just a bit delayed for you.. maybe you'll end up seeing an extra good loss next week!

I'm so impressed with this - Only once over in a month is amazing! WTG! And well done for logging it all of course :drinker:

I had my dad's bday dinner tonight - Indian = not very cal counting friendly. I accounted for it in advance, planning my food in the day so I'd have enough calories left over to have a nice meal no problem... But alas! Ruined all my hard work on munching my way through quite a bit of chocolate (which then led to other junk... eek). I seem to be getting quite a lot of chocolate cravings recently. It's the only thing that completely evades my will power. O well, still all logged! And the damage could definitely be worse...
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    HI, can I join your group. I reached goal weight the beginning of August of 119 pounds and have been trying hard ever since to stay at or close to 119 pounds (today i am 120.5). I have logged in everyday and think it does keep me on track ....although i am finding maintaining harder than losing so would welcome the extra challenge of logging through the holidays.
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    Good job with the logging! We just have to keep holding ourselves accountable. I had pizza (1 piece, no pepperoni) and wings (3) for dinner, and a beer (light), but I knew I was going to log it so it kept me from eating twice as much, which is what I would have done "in the old days".
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    HI, can I join your group. I reached goal weight the beginning of August of 119 pounds and have been trying hard ever since to stay at or close to 119 pounds (today i am 120.5). I have logged in everyday and think it does keep me on track ....although i am finding maintaining harder than losing so would welcome the extra challenge of logging through the holidays.

Sure - join our group. A lot of the original members haven't posted in awhile but some of us a still here. Join in !!
  • patsaffo
    Options
    I am in. This is great. How do you make you diary public? I will do it, through good days and bad days. Tomorrow my church group is doing a "burger and brats" bbq at a home for developmentally disabled women, complete with baked beans, dessert, and probably not much that's healthy. I'm not sure quite what to do, but whatever I do, I will log it. I have only been using myfitnesspal for a couple of weeks and it really is working for me. I love it. If anyone has any suggestions for tomorrow, please let me know, but I am in - and let me know how to talk to this particular group, as I am new to this community, too. I need all the help I can get.
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    Welcome, patsaffo! To make your diary public, go to the Foods tab, then Settings. At the bottom, will be a section for Change Diary Sharing. As far as talking to this group, all you need to do is keep posting. To find this thread, just go under My Topics, on the Community tab.

Hope to hear from you after your church group event!