My 30 day Paleo lifestyle challenge!

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Paleo is a godsend for people (like me) with autoimmune issues that are aggravated by things like dairy and grains. I'll be honest, I used to think it was a "weird trend" and then my body suddenly decided to become intolerant to most of the foods on the "non paleo" list. That said, I still define myself as "paleo-ish" because I still eat potatoes and legumes (and occasionally rice and sugar). And, frankly, I don't really care a bit about labels (it's just easier to tell people who want to know what to feed me to look up paleo recipes). That said - good luck OP and feel free to add me and snoop my diary if you want ideas :)

I'm curious what autoimmune issues you have that are aggravated by dairy and grains. Because I also have autoimmune issues but diary and wheat do not aggravate mine (Hashimoto's thyroidosis).
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    It is so funny how outraged people get that you choose to do something different then the exact way they do. Paleo works for me. When do track my calories I find that I am eating way less. I never suffer from hunger anymore. I suffered with hunger since I was a kid. Almonds rock! Sweet potatoes are an awesome treat. Love being paleo.

Who is outraged? People are questioning the merits of the diet. The only people getting upset and snarky in this thread are the people who claim to be paleo.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    It is so funny how outraged people get that you choose to do something different then the exact way they do. Paleo works for me. When do track my calories I find that I am eating way less. I never suffer from hunger anymore. I suffered with hunger since I was a kid. Almonds rock! Sweet potatoes are an awesome treat. Love being paleo.

Who is outraged? People are questioning the merits of the diet. The only people getting upset and snarky in this thread are the people who claim to be paleo.

If I wanted to be snarky, I'd question how "a 30 day challenge" = "a lifestyle change." But I'm suave like that.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Agreed.

Plus, not trying to be negative, this is just my opinion, but saying you're going paleo but you're going to have treat days where you aren't, is almost like being a part time vegan, or saying you are a vegetarian but still eat chicken/fish. Again, just my opinion.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Alan Aragon just posted this link a little while ago.........

Paleo is the Scientology of Diets

http://www.sixpackabs.com/paleo-is-the-scientology-of-diets/
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    PS Almonds and sweet potatoes aren't paleo.
    Yeah, but ice-cream and bacon are - and I eat generous quantities of both of those and keep losing weight.

More power to Paleo!
    Last I knew, paleo wasn't dairy.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I eat keto-style, which is close to paleo. You're better off joining one of the low-carb groups or finding a paleo group. People on here tend to ridicule and belittle those of us who DARE to eat differently than they do. It's childish, but it ALWAYS happens.
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Because it's a lifestyle change for 30 days.....a trial....like I said before
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I am soo confused now. I have no idea what paleo is anymore....cavemen had beer and ice cream? I need to brush up on my ancient history!
  • stacw1987
    Options
    I eat keto-style, which is close to paleo. You're better off joining one of the low-carb groups or finding a paleo group. People on here tend to ridicule and belittle those of us who DARE to eat differently than they do. It's childish, but it ALWAYS happens.

Haha I know. It's quite entertaining to see people get so annoyed over minor things....let's hope they don't watch the news. Yes I think your right, paleo group is the way to go :)
  • hedomommy
    hedomommy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic list. I have been adding many of these foods to my diet by making a tasty smoothie. Its a great way to start the day with many fruits and veggies.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

Honestly, you're better off ignoring them. They do this to everyone who eats a style of low carb.
  • stacw1987
    Options
    This is a fantastic list. I have been adding many of these foods to my diet by making a tasty smoothie. Its a great way to start the day with many fruits and veggies.

Yes looking forward to smoothies! I made one with raspberries, pure honey and coconut milk! Yum!
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Holy horse crap at this thread...Thought it was a serious paleo discussion and not one thing remotely close to it lol.

Would truly love to see some "real" Caveman food recipes though. Smoothies?!? dafuq
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Should have tried that with parenting
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Haha I know. It's quite entertaining to see people get so annoyed over minor things....let's hope they don't watch the news. Yes I think your right, paleo group is the way to go :)

No one is ridiculing or belittling anyone, simply questioning the rules of the diet. You're the ones making it personal and calling names. I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally am amused by this thread.
  • azymth99
    azymth99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    To truly follow a Paleo diet, you have to wear animal skins, go barefoot and kill your food with a stone...

I'm totally kidding, I really don't understand why peeps demand that you follow a diet 100% in order to call it "Paleo." I don't understand why anyone would give a damn what anyone else eats anyway. Call it whatever you want. If it works for you, thats great! Let us know how it works.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options

Annoyed over minor things? Why, I never.

Also, it's "you're right." You're is a contraction of you are. It just annoys me so very much to see this mistake over and over again.
  • stacw1987
    Options
    Haha ok......