Should I be offended?

Options

Replies

• kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    He farted in front of you and brought you a donut. He's totally in love with you

Is that love? I don't want to be in love then.
    That's like 3rd base on the road to a happy marriage

This just gets better and better! :laugh:
  • ShapenerFiterrati
    ShapenerFiterrati Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying this isn't true or anything but I haven't laughed for real in so long :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thank you so much :heart:
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Is him from India? I ask because I worked for a company that did business with India and we had some visitors at times and they would fart in the middle of the conversation and keep talking like nothing happened. To me that was beyond weird but I was told then that for certain communities in India it is normal. Just as if they would bring cookies or sweets, the first bite they would give it to you (them holding it with their hands and you biting whatever the food is.

It is still funny though lol
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Well, filing a complaint WOULD put this on record. He'd think differently about trying a future stunt.

But, before filing a complaint, I'd talk to him. Ask him why he did what he did. Give him a chance to explain. I know it's uncomfortable, but I don't know what else you can do. Maybe start out with why he gave you a donut without any explanation, and work back to the original issue. His response and how he handles your questions should tell you whether he's a victim of circumstance, or you're a victim of harassment.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    He farted in front of you and brought you a donut. He's totally in love with you

tumblr_inline_mir3pnbrrI1qz4rgp.gif
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Just wait and see. If it ends here he is just stupid and rude ( and maybe even embarrassed). If stunts like this continue, then it is harassment. That's what the EEOC is for!
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Call him into your office, look him in the eye and say, "don't you ever pull that filth in front of me again. Are we clear?" Be stern. Be clear, and take no crap from this loser.

A guy at my work tried to be disrespectful to me in front of staff last month, and after I shook off the shock of what he did, I pulled him aside and said under no circumstances if he *ever* to treat me disrespectfully. He apologized profusely.

Stand up for yourself, your dignity. This guy is probably laughing with his buddies about it. And don't accept donuts from him until he learns respect.

Can't tell if you're joking or not. I just blame my farts at work on a medical condition.

Do you sit in a new person's office, look them in the eye and let it rip? I think you don't. People pass gas, but that's just vulgar and forced. I would never allow someone at work to treat me with such disrespect.

If I;m at a party and some guy I know is laughing and rips one, that's funny. But what that guy did was done to embarrass her. He's a jerk.

How do you know his intention behind doing it? Also, how do you know he's a jerk? The guy let one rip in front if the only girl in the office on his first day and then brought her a donut. I'd say he's embarrassed more than anything. And I'm sure your loved by all in your office if you would have had that knee jerk reaction anytime somebody does something that you find a threat to your dignity.

You're overly sensitive.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Do the people at work know you're trying to lose weight? If so, and he's heard, I'm wondering if the donut is not a second insult? Like first I sht in your office, now "here have a donut fatty"? Please don't take offence by me saying that. I have over 90 lbs to lose I'm just trying to get in his head.
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Please tell me you didn't eat the donut. Anyone who has the audacity to do what he did....well I wouldn't trust what he may have done to the donut.

She said she didn't eat the donut.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I feel you, being an Asian female I have lots experience like that... well, not really, no one had fart in front of me...yet... After reading this, I think he might just feel embarrassed, but you can wait for a few days and see if anything happens, then you can tell...

Several years ago I worked with a guy who didn't look like Asian at all was telling me he had a Chinese ancestor. As he was telling me this, he was squinting his eyes and then he said, " see, I can look Chinese"... sometimes people are just so ignorant.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Do the people at work know you're trying to lose weight? If so, and he's heard, I'm wondering if the donut is not a second insult? Like first I sht in your office, now "here have a donut fatty"? Please don't take offence by me saying that. I have over 90 lbs to lose I'm just trying to get in his head.

I don't honestly know how to answer that. He works in a completely different building than me. But my coworkers know I am very strange about food. I am affectionately called "tupperware lady". I thought it was weird he brought me one, because they are actually my favorite things in the entire world. I feel like I am either looking into this way too much, or he just pulled one over me. His vibe does not seem overly aggressive or rude, I cannot imagine anyone going that far.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    I don't honestly know how to answer that. He works in a completely different building than me. But my coworkers know I am very strange about food. I am affectionately called "tupperware lady". I thought it was weird he brought me one, because they are actually my favorite things in the entire world. I feel like I am either looking into this way too much, or he just pulled one over me.

He definitely wants to hit that.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I don't honestly know how to answer that. He works in a completely different building than me. But my coworkers know I am very strange about food. I am affectionately called "tupperware lady". I thought it was weird he brought me one, because they are actually my favorite things in the entire world. I feel like I am either looking into this way too much, or he just pulled one over me.

He is like twice my age... Sigh.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The "minority haul" comment is derogatory.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

doesn't mean he doesn't want to hit that, probably means he REALLY wants to hit that. lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

doesn't mean he doesn't want to hit that, probably means he REALLY wants to hit that. lol

:laugh:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I have to get something off my chest.

I have a desk job in the compliance department of an asphalt company. I have my own office, the first one you walk by when you enter the building. We recently had a new employee in our sales department come around and introduce himself about a week ago. I was just sitting in my office, innocently pretending to be working incredibly hard. This guy comes in and says "Hi, I am Jeff. I am the new sales head, I heard that I come to you if I need a translator. Nice to meet you." Normal enough. We start talking about the last place he worked, and he made a joke about me being our minority haul (I am the youngest by far, the only Hispanic in the office, and the only girl). Right in the middle of our conversation, he stops talking and farts. Not just a little one. But he enthusiastically pushes out a four or five second long fart, all the while staring me right in the eyes. He then immediately walks out of my office. No, "I am sorry." "Excuse me." or "haha milk was a bad choice." He just leaves. I am left with this horrible fart stench, couldn't even finish my coffee.

I sat in my office for awhile, wondering what the hell just happened. Did the best prank ever just get pulled on me? Was it an accident? Was he embarrassed? Why did he look me in the eyes, oh God why didn't he break eye contact? I wanted to laugh, but I am genuinely a little offended. That was MY office, my smell domain. I don't go into his office, vomit, then leave.

Anyway, he came to me today and brought me a donut. No idea why. I didn't ask for one. No one else in the department was given any. Now I am so incredibly confused. Was this to atone for his fart? Is he screwing with my brain? I just want to know! I have never even thought this would ever be a scenario I have to navigate. What is this?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah I would not do that in front of a woman.....

but funny story
  • bloodyhonest
    bloodyhonest Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Maybe that donut made him fart and he wanted to make you understand where he was coming from.... or

maybe he farted on that donut and he thinks his fumes will hypnotize you enough to fall in love with him.
  • Texusmc
    Texusmc Posts: 129 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    yes