Any ZOMBIE fans out there?

Options

Replies

• Wiitabax
    Wiitabax Posts: 284
    Options
    Not seen "Chopper Chicks" but I do like Planet Terror! :smile:

Hey, I saw to zombies the other day attacking a clown... as they gnashed and tore away hungrily at his painted face, one said to the other: "Hey, does this taste funny to you?" :laugh:
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I always loved Dawn of the Dead (the original AND the remake!). Of course, Planet Terror. And, it was a terrible movie, but Chopper Chicks In Zombie Town was mildly entertaining...

I think I vaguely recall that one. I think Don Calfa starred in it. As true Zombie movie connoisseur will recall he played Ernie the undertaker in the most excellent Return of The Living Dead.

OK, completely off topic, anyone ever see Hell Comes to Frog Town?
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I always loved Dawn of the Dead (the original AND the remake!). Of course, Planet Terror. And, it was a terrible movie, but Chopper Chicks In Zombie Town was mildly entertaining...

I think I vaguely recall that one. I think Don Calfa starred in it. As true Zombie movie connoisseur will recall he played Ernie the undertaker in the most excellent Return of The Living Dead.

OK, completely off topic, anyone ever see Hell Comes to Frog Town?

Never have heard of that...Any good or are you finding out if it's worthwhile?
  • Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just watched the 2nd in the series...... i'm a complete dork and watched with my covers pulled all the way up to my nose--it stresses me out to watch shows/movies like that, but I just can't not watch them lol!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are hooked!!!!!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I just watched the 2nd in the series...... i'm a complete dork and watched with my covers pulled all the way up to my nose--it stresses me out to watch shows/movies like that, but I just can't not watch them lol!

:P Last night when they were trying to escape and walking through the zombies I was literally clutching my pillow willing them to make it before the rain started...I"m entered in the zombie stagger on role contest too lol My husband calls me a dork :P
  • moespaws16
    moespaws16 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Im a huge zombie fan as well. im from MN and there is the Minneapolis Zombie Pub crawl here in oct every year. so fun!!! thousands of people show up and everyone is in zombie garb roaming the streets.

my favorite zombie movies:
    Shaun of the dead.
    (original) n of the living dead.
    return of the living dead 3.
    pet semetary
    28 days later

good zombie books:
    The New Dead
    Zombie CSU
    World War Z
    Infected and the sequel Contagious (alien/zombie/infection).
    Zombie Haiku.

i also heard that Patient Zero is good too
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I love Zombie flix!
    Fido is definately great!
    Shawn of the Dead is one of my faves and naturally when Zombieland came out, it became one too! I don't think you can make a bad zombie flick imo.
  • Wiitabax
    Options
    Howdy folks - I've not deserted this thread lol, just not reading any comments until I've watched the 2nd episode of "The Walking Dead" later today lol, I don't want to spoil it you see! :laugh:

I'll be back later, providing I don't get back... and even then, I'll still be back, but reckon y'all won't want me near!

:laugh:
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    My list includes most everyone's picks...Thought Shaun of the Dead was a good mix of comedy and zombies...LOVED Zombieland and it's "rules".

As for the "Walking Dead" I'm upset I've missed the first 2 episodes...anyone know where I can catch up online, or is this something that you get up to speed pretty quickly?
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Major zombie fan. The Walking dead is very good.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    You can watch" The walking Dead" on AMC online for at least the first show. Zombie Land does rule!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    My list includes most everyone's picks...Thought Shaun of the Dead was a good mix of comedy and zombies...LOVED Zombieland and it's "rules".

As for the "Walking Dead" I'm upset I've missed the first 2 episodes...anyone know where I can catch up online, or is this something that you get up to speed pretty quickly?

You can watch them during the week when they rerun them.
  • Wiitabax
    Options
    I'm back!!! :laugh:

Just watched the second episode of The Walking Dead... WOW! They managed to cram LOADS in there... loved it!!! So much going on, great effects and the story's excellent!!!

Can't wait for next week's!!!

:smile:
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I love playing Plants vs. Zombies. Anyone else play? I've got the app on my iPod. So fun! I was a "Roadcone Zombie" for Halloween last year.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE zombie fan!! I consider the end all be all of zombie ANYTHING is George A. Romero. I might pee a little if I ever got to meet him in person.

Right now I'm devouring (pun intended) any zombie literature that I can get my hands on. I've come across some real crap but found some really brilliant stuff. My favorite so far is "Day by Day Armageddon" and the sequel "Day by Day Armageddon: Beyond Exile" by J.L. Bourne. If you appreciate Romero zombie type stories you'll love these book. "The New Dead: A Zombie Anthology" is a good collection of stories and so is "The Living Dead" and "The Living Dead 2".

People told me that the Brian Keene zombie trilogy was brilliant but 6 pages into the first book the zombies are driving cars and talking and pulling pranks on each other. To me that's not a real zombie story so I didn't read beyond that.

If you like post-apocolyptic stories pick up "One Second Later" by William R. Forstchen...very scary and realistic.
  • GunNut37086
    GunNut37086 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this series so far. The make-up and effects are brilliant! All the zombie and zombiesque movies y'all named are awesome.

Some things that stood out to me about the series up to now...
    1) why didn't the deputy drive the tank out of harm's way? Are we to assume every abandoned vehicle is out of gas?
    2) the guy handcuffed on the roof WILL surely be back as a zombie to kill somebody (maybe the guy that dropped the key?).
    3) brilliant use of my favorite moment in ALL scary movies...when the deputy and the oriental kid are climbing the ladder and the zombies almost get them by the legs. I actually jerked both feet up onto the couch. My son laughed at me for that one.
  • Wiitabax
    Options
    3) brilliant use of my favorite moment in ALL scary movies...when the deputy and the oriental kid are climbing the ladder and the zombies almost get them by the legs. I actually jerked both feet up onto the couch. My son laughed at me for that one.
    [/quote]

:laugh: nice to see that it's not just me that does that! I was squuirming! :laugh:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    work13091312fc-550x550-silverv3.jpg
  • Hollyhocks89
    Hollyhocks89 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    *waves hands furiously* me me me me lol
    I love zombie films! i managed to get my OH into resident evils! I love dawn of the dead although to my shame i havn't actually watched the original!!
    And i know its not strictly Zombies but i love silent hill! the games are amazing and i loved the film but i think they have taken too long in releasing a second one i want more!!!!!!!!!!!