Any ZOMBIE fans out there?

Options

Replies

• Wiitabax
    Wiitabax Posts: 284
    Options
    *I love zombie films! i managed to get my OH into resident evils! I love dawn of the dead although to my shame i havn't actually watched the original!!

Well don't just sit there!!!! Get out and rent or buy it!!! :laugh:

Seriously - it's an excellent film and has a great dose of humour too!

As to Silent Hill - I really liked that film - VERY weird, but my kind of thing. I didn't know they were doing a sequel though.
  • Clawdy
    Clawdy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else has already mention this but the TV Series is based on comic books with the same name by Robert Kirkman. You might want to pick up THE WALKING DEAD: COMPENDIUM ONE it's 1088 pages and includes 48 issues. Pretty awesome book.
  • Wiitabax
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else has already mention this but the TV Series is based on comic books with the same name by Robert Kirkman. You might want to pick up THE WALKING DEAD: COMPENDIUM ONE it's 1088 pages and includes 48 issues. Pretty awesome book.

Yep - seen that... and available in that particular edition here in the U.K. - think I'm going to invest!

:smile:
  • Hollyhocks89
    Hollyhocks89 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am going to lovefilm the original dawn of the dead now :laugh:
  • hepkitty
    hepkitty Posts: 133
    Options
    Wow this is so exciting :) I LOVE zombie movies and any horror, particularly (post-)apocalyptic stuff...but only know one other person in real life who feels the same :)

Favourite movie would have to be anything by Romero. Probably Dawn of the Dead as alltime favourite.

And I am SO envious of all you guys getting to see the Walking Dead! I live in NZ and it's not on tv here, and probably never going to come on :( From the sounds of it though I might just have to fork out some $$ for it when it's for sale!
  • Giddeaon
    Options
    BIG Zombie fan....both movies and literature. I've been following Kirkman's The Walking Dead comic since the first year, and am so happy that the show is amazing. AMC just announced it's already re-signed for a 2nd season. Yay!

As for zombie movies - you name it and I've probably seen it. I even get into the sub-titled imports like Dod Sno and REC 1 and 2. I've also read a bunch of books in the genre - everything from Max Brooks's stuff to Brian Keene, JL Bourne, Kim Paffenroth, David Moody, David Wellington and more. There's a lot of good stuff from Permuted Press I'd recommend if you like zombie lit.

Of course, though, as with any purist....I bow down at the alter of Romero. I love all of his zombie movies, even the most recent Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead. He's the master of all things zombie, and I can't wait for his book defining the zombie mythology as seen in his movies. Should be some really good stuff.
  • Wiitabax
    Options
    I am going to lovefilm the original dawn of the dead now :laugh:

I should think so!!! And make notes... there will be a test on it, so get revising! :laugh:
  • Wiitabax
    Options
    From the sounds of it though I might just have to fork out some $$ for it when it's for sale!

I'd say a DEFINITE investment... I've seen some REAL crap out there in the zombie genre, but this is great... if you like Romero's stuff and the vision of what a nationwide epidemic looks like in ''the bigger picture' (as briefly touched on in the opening scenes of "The Day Of The Dead") then you'l LOVE this!!! :smile:
  • Wiitabax
    Options
    Plan: Mrs. Wife off to the football later today (soccer)

I've no interest in sitting out in the cold watching a load of overpaid buggers kicking a ball round, so I'll be at home playing that new 'Call Of Duty: Black Ops' game.

Ibought yesterday and not tried it yet... an excuse to shoot the bejaysus out of zombies - I wanted it specifically for the Zombie mode!!!

Get the practice in just in case there's ever an outbreak!

:laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    serious bump!!:laugh:
  • Wiitabax
    Options
    As for zombie movies - you name it and I've probably seen it. I even get into the sub-titled imports like Dod Sno and REC 1 and 2.

Good movies!

Love REC 1 too - and the sequel is even better than the first I reckon!

:smile:
  • Wiitabax
    Options

What was that?

Here, HealthyChanges20 - I heard something outside... cover me I'll go and check... let me just open this door ever so sligh...

"GRRRUUUAUAAAAAARGH!"

Ahem... I think I'll just shut it again eh?

• HealthyChanges2010
    Options

What was that?

Here, HealthyChanges20 - I heard something outside... cover me I'll go and check... let me just open this door ever so sligh...

"GRRRUUUAUAAAAAARGH!"

Ahem... I think I'll just shut it again eh?

baaaahhahahah!:tongue::laugh: :laugh: :glasses:
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    I finally watched one of the episodes of "The Walking Dead" Last night...don't know which one in the order...the one where the cop's rescued out of the tank and runs into the store with the other people.

Great show!!!! BTW, as I was watching the cop shoot the zombies, I kept yelling "DOUBLE TAP! DUDE DOUBLE TAP!"

I had the Zombie rules from Zombieland in my head. :laugh:
  • Wiitabax
    Options
    I finally watched one of the episodes of "The Walking Dead" Last night...don't know which one in the order...the one where the cop's rescued out of the tank and runs into the store with the other people.

Great show!!!! BTW, as I was watching the cop shoot the zombies, I kept yelling "DOUBLE TAP! DUDE DOUBLE TAP!"

:laugh: it's because of that zombe rule thang that I need to get the weight off and do the cardio! :laugh:

The episode you watched - "Guts" - episode 2.

:)
  • jdubs1201
    Options
    YES!! Definitely into zombie movies!!! Also into zombie games... Resident Evil, Left 4 Dead, etc. Just watched Automaton Transfusion for Halloween - good B movie, lots of gore =) 28 Days Later is probably one of my fave movies ever!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Great lists you Zombie freaks! :tongue: Netflixing ones I haven't seen yet:glasses:

zombie.jpg
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

:laugh: it's because of that zombe rule thang that I need to get the weight off and do the cardio! :laugh:

The episode you watched - "Guts" - episode 2.

:)
    :noway: :tongue:
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love zombie movies as well and have been watching them since I was a kid. And I'm really impressed so far by what I've seen of The Walking Dead. I have to watch it (and all things zombie) in either daylight or with all the lights on in the house. Everybody has already named all my favorite zombie movies: Dawn of the Dead (the old one and the remake), Night of the Living Dead, Return of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later and one of my first encounters is with a movie simply called Zombie.
  • mrsltobe
    Options
    Me and my fiance are HUGE zombie fans!

Check out his website: www.indywood.co.uk

He's making a zombie film next year!