Strong in weight room means nothing outside of it

Options

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that being average in a game of basketball equates to there being no real-world applications for his weightlifting abilities.
  • Kiwi_Made
    Kiwi_Made Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Nonsense, you merely enjoy the point when you stop lifting, not the actual pain experienced during the lift. Or are you hooked on pain? I could suggest some other ideas for inflicting pain on yourself if you like.
    Seriously what kind of **** are you to suggest you know what someone enjoys more than themselves? ^Troll

Ohhhh troll-oh-mioooooo....
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    So, OP, why limit this to weight training? What good does playing basketball do to you? How does it apply to real world situations, why is it useful? Same for football, ballet, tennis, pretty much everything people do for fun. Unless you are suggesting we should all skip fun and focus on useful exercise, like ploughing or carrying furniture?

Weightlifting is not fun. Basketball is often fun. Anybody who says weightlifting is fun must not be lifting enough weight.

I have never liked basketball. I was the tallest girl in my class until 13-14 and I was always encouraged to play basketball for this reason, but despite all this practice, I still hate it. And it has caused me a lot of pain, in the form of injuries. So, to follow your logic, there is no way people enjoy basketball since I do not, they are either pretending because they want to show off, or are masochists :) Because based on my sample of 1 (myself) the best thing to do for fun is bodyweight training. So, anyone not doing bodyweight training, is not having any fun, right?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    So, OP, why limit this to weight training? What good does playing basketball do to you? How does it apply to real world situations, why is it useful? Same for football, ballet, tennis, pretty much everything people do for fun. Unless you are suggesting we should all skip fun and focus on useful exercise, like ploughing or carrying furniture?

Weightlifting is not fun. Basketball is often fun. Anybody who says weightlifting is fun must not be lifting enough weight.

I have never liked basketball. I was the tallest girl in my class until 13-14 and I was always encouraged to play basketball for this reason, but despite all this practice, I still hate it. And it has caused me a lot of pain, in the form of injuries. So, to follow your logic, there is no way people enjoy basketball since I do not, they are either pretending because they want to show off, or are masochists :) Because based on my sample of 1 (myself) the best thing to do for fun is bodyweight training. So, anyone not doing bodyweight training, is not having any fun, right?

Your logic seems faultless to me. I really like bodyweight training myself, and hate basketball.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

I lift heavy and it makes it easier for me to hand till my garden rows, or carry the groceries in or change my tire or move my sofa...or take my 20 year old son down...well maybe not down but I give him a good go around...

Being strong makes life in general easier...people have no idea how other people apply their workouts in "real life"

I really don't have anything to add to this post, but I did want to say to SezxyStef that I have seen you post on several threads (I'm a big lurker-you totally have my respect!) and I seriously thought from just your profile pic you were in your 20's until I saw you had a 20 yr old son! You look great!

Edited to fix the quote box I screwed up!

Thank you for explaining why you edited your post, I'm sure the whole thing would have been less meaningful had you not enlightened everyone with that information.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886914000324

In two online studies (total N = 1215), respondents completed personality inventories and a survey of their Internet commenting styles. Overall, strong positive associations emerged among online commenting frequency, trolling enjoyment, and troll identity, pointing to a common construct underlying the measures. Both studies revealed similar patterns of relations between trolling and the Dark Tetrad of personality: trolling correlated positively with sadism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism, using both enjoyment ratings and identity scores. Of all personality measures, sadism showed the most robust associations with trolling and, importantly, the relationship was specific to trolling behavior. Enjoyment of other online activities, such as chatting and debating, was unrelated to sadism. Thus cyber-trolling appears to be an Internet manifestation of everyday sadism.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options

confirmed for never leaving humanity behind
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

"Weight training is not fun." Are you ok? Do you have a case of LOW T going on? There is only one guy I know do agrees with your statement.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

"Weight training is not fun." Are you ok? Do you have a case of LOW T going on? There is only one guy I know do agrees with your statement.

Hmm I'm not so sure

I'm not one of the fortunate ones who enjoys the gym.

I enjoy the buzz, the sense of achievement, the exhausted feeling after a hard session, the results, but I don't look forward to going.

Imagine if those silly electronic pads actually DID work and you could get exactly the same results by plugging in an sit watching TV. Would I opt for that instead? Probably
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options

Well. I can DL 305 none competition weight. So what's 'enough' to make it qualify?

. And for the record I would rather lift and do HIIT training for 8 hours a day rather than play five minutes of basketball ball. It's boring. I hate it.

Okay. I lied. Maybe 15 min. Five minutes goes to baseball. Because that's a'sport' that makes me truly angry.

Um, 305? Is that considered a lot? I suppose it would qualify, it sounds like a lot. I will find out tomorrow when I attempt to lift 315 just how much it really is.
    Baseball makes you angry?

People, let the guy lift 315 lbs. Heck if anything has more carryover to outside the gym..its the deadlift for sure.

If you have no idea about the above then you arent lifting very much in the gym, are you? And I read your previous thread about groups of sorority girls doing deadlifts in yoga pants and how bothersome it was to you.

Seriously people he started a post about how groups of sorority girls doing deads in yoga pants UPSET him.

Definately a troll. The only GYM I know where GROUPs of girls do deadlifts are crossfit or powerlifting gyms, and from your posts you belong to neither. At my gym I go to, women visiting the squat racks and weight platforms are few and far between. No giggling sorority girls are coming to do deadlifts. and I work out at a university gym. Seriously when was the LAST time anyone saw groups of girls on a platform doing deads? Think about it. Guy is a TROLL. I know at my gym I am one of the few females that goes to the squat racks and does deads. And most of us females keep to ourselves. It's not until i visit another gym I belong to across town( I take oly classes at a crossfit gym) that there are groups of females lifting together.) Heck at most commercial gyms it's groups of guys at the racks, not sorority girls in yoga pants. Such a liar the OP Is.

Go deadlift 315 lbs and let us know about your hurting back. Then again maybe basketball has great carryover to lifting heavy objects off the ground. Go, do it. get back to us troll and let us know how your back feels.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    LOL I did not know 315 was such a challenge. Now 405 is what I am chasing and I will get it very soon. My diet has been for only losing weight.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    As a female 315 would be a challenge. And for an untrained man like the OP, I bet it will be. Anyways, if someone like the OP has never attempted deadlifts or worked on them progressively. Yeah.. it will be difficult. And if he can manage to get it up without properly training for it, he will HURT himself. If he has been doing this ALL along, he would have much more respect for it. But he doesnt. Which tells me he has no proper training programming.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    oh ok . I was wonder why you all are questioning his skills. I would say the squats relates more to real world than dead lifts.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    If he has been doing this ALL along, he would have much more respect for it. But he doesnt. Which tells me he has no proper training programming.

Agreed. People who have no respect for the compound lifts are idiots.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Um, 305? Is that considered a lot? I suppose it would qualify, it sounds like a lot. I will find out tomorrow when I attempt to lift 315 just how much it really is.
    Baseball makes you angry?

Well, now we know you are just a god awful troll.

Last I checked... in the previous thread where you were called out on deadlift, you felt as though you would just be able to walk up and pull 315 from the floor with no previous deadlift experience. How'd that go bro?

I'm assuming you didn't even give it a whirl.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

Nonsense, you merely enjoy the point when you stop lifting, not the actual pain experienced during the lift. Or are you hooked on pain? I could suggest some other ideas for inflicting pain on yourself if you like.
    Seriously what kind of **** are you to suggest you know what someone enjoys more than themselves? ^Troll

Now now there's no need to get angry, I am only wanted to help this individual to better understand what they are feeling inside.

LOL
  • rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

Video or it didnt happen btw...
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Video or it didnt happen btw...

Try to tell your spouse that. LOL