Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    edit: nm, the quote disappeared lol
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    i carried in four giant bags of groceries, four pack of Trois Pistols, and a 40lb pack of dog food from car, elevator, up to my apartment in one trip.

I squat 110lbs, dead lift 60kg.

also my arms look badass in strapless dresses.

What!? How many arms do you have?

He is too weak to carry all that at once.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    deadlift 315 is still in the amateur weight class.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I once played tennis against a guy who was a doctor. A DOCTOR! This guy went to college and then med school for 8 years, then did like 5 years of residency before becoming an oncologist!

Unbelievable. And I beat him at tennis!

WHAT GOOD IS 13 YEARS OF HIGHER EDUCATION IF IT HAS NO APPLICATION IN THE REAL WORLD?!

Being strong is of no advantage in doctoring skills, being strong is (should be) of great advantage in basketball (see Shaq).

Unless you're an orthopedic surgeon...
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Like I'm sure many people have said, it doesn't matter. It's kind of like a perfect basketball dunk. Real world application is close to zero but for many it's a thing of beauty in it's own right. I don't lift to be better at anything other than lifting.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    i carried in four giant bags of groceries, four pack of Trois Pistols, and a 40lb pack of dog food from car, elevator, up to my apartment in one trip.

I squat 110lbs, dead lift 60kg.

also my arms look badass in strapless dresses.

What!? How many arms do you have?

I'm still honing in on the *took the elevator* part...
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    So what good is it to be so strong in the weight room if it doesn't translate over to anything else?

If for no other reason, (for men) you should want to add as much muscle as you possibly can between the ages of 15 and 38, because after you turn 40, your testosterone and metabolism are basically non-existent. Life will suck for anyone who suffers from low-T.

What about if you're 39? Tell me there's hope for us 39ers out there? Something? Anything?

I'm 41. Do you have a sharp knife that I can borrow?

zoidberg-seppuku-gif.gif
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    So what good is it to be so strong in the weight room if it doesn't translate over to anything else?

If for no other reason, (for men) you should want to add as much muscle as you possibly can between the ages of 15 and 38, because after you turn 40, your testosterone and metabolism are basically non-existent. Life will suck for anyone who suffers from low-T.

What about if you're 39? Tell me there's hope for us 39ers out there? Something? Anything?

zoidberg-seppuku-gif.gif

Doomed. Doomed, I tell ya...
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options

zoidberg-seppuku-gif.gif

No need, the science behind the original statement is just a tad bit off. If not, I likely would have shriveled up and died 6 years ago.
  • Staniel_2013
    Staniel_2013 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I train to look good naked :-)

That about sums it up for me.

I'm still definitely an amatuer when it comes to lifting weights, Deadlift is only 265 lbs, Squat is only 245. Can't bench my bodyweight yet but here are some things I've noticed:

1. I recently had to move and unfortunately don't have many people I could call for help. When I could basically deadlift my dresser and the only reason it was difficult was the size/shape.

2. Being able to carry my 4 year old around with absolute ease.

3. How should I put this.......... Sex can become a lot more interesting when lifting a person is easy and you can do it for a while without getting tired.

4. As stated before and it sounds a little lame this way. But your body becomes tougher. I can put myself through some punishment doing all sorts of physical activities without injury or even the fear of it now.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    play a full contact sport like football and see how you fair instead. Bet he can bring you to the ground harder than you can him.

There's no such thing as one on one football.

You just won the internet.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

zoidberg-seppuku-gif.gif

No need, the science behind the original statement is just a tad bit off. If not, I likely would have shriveled up and died 6 years ago.

Thank Christ for that!

I thought all my muscles were going to melt and run off my body and my balls would shrivel up and drop off.

So I guess it all happens at 49, instead?
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    deadlift 315 is still in the amateur weight class.

Yes its only 3 45's per side right? That really doesn't seem like it would be hard to lift off the ground like that. I don't even know why I'm being challenged to lift 315.

cuz people believe what they want to like people don't believe I can do 60 revolutions in 20 sec on jump rope.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

zoidberg-seppuku-gif.gif

Wasn't your baby girl able to out-pedal you on her bike?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    4. As stated before and it sounds a little lame this way. But your body becomes tougher. I can put myself through some punishment doing all sorts of physical activities without injury or even the fear of it now.

Which translates into confidence.