Miss Indiana's "normal" body.

Options

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    They act like they've never seen a woman with abs before.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I don't think she is 119 lbs if she is really 5'8". More like 130-140 lbs, but she looks really good!! She looks like she is at a good weight for her height.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure that these contests are just demeaning in general and shouldn't happen. They make women compare themselves to other women and cause people to just hate themselves.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    In for the cat gifs.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    I agree with that SonofaBeach.

There is great power in beauty.

It is so demonized in the name of politics.

It is a feminine mystery, and opens doors that wouldn't have otherwise opened, both metaphorically and literally.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure that these contests are just demeaning in general and shouldn't happen. They make women compare themselves to other women and cause people to just hate themselves.

As if the competition itself is the cause.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why I've read all this, but I'm sure it's something I won't lose sleep over.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    Don't forget, those girls were born with those bodies.

I'm sure each and every one of them have committed countless hours and effort into a stunning physical display.

It shows that they can commit long-term and practice self-control.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    She is absolutely stunning but far from "normal". She is still thin in the grand scheme of things. The "normal" (average) American woman is 5'3", 150ish lbs, and a size 10-14. She is 5'8", size 4, and about 18-20 BMI. No norm here (Woody, however...).
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Does she have eyeballs?
    I don't see no eyeballs.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Then that is a problem those people have with themselves. NO matter how good you are, someone will always be better, get over it or wallow in insecurity, hatred and self-loathing.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Then that is a problem those people have with themselves. NO matter how good you are, someone will always be better, get over it or wallow in insecurity, hatred and self-loathing.

Agreed. Self-loathing isn't caused by other people competing in beauty pageants.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Why are people celebrating a girl purely because she has a less conditioned physique in a competition where the physique is a major criteria?

It's insane. It'd be like congratulating a bodybuilder for coming in soft because the insecure guys out there can more easily relate. Sure, these pageants are also about other things besides the body...but these people are not ever mentioning those attributes so it's an irrelevant point.

not because you're a favourite but I have to agree with you on here... she does have a fuller physique were clearly aesthetics are important...

But it's a beauty pageant not a physique contest. Many people consider a slightly higher body fat percentage to be "more beautiful" than lower. Beauty is pretty damn subjective.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    if that is "normal" than I must still be obese
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I think she's awesome, but I hate how people are body shaming all of the other contestants and using her as a crutch to do so.

^^THIS! People are just haters. Jelly!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Why are people celebrating a girl purely because she has a less conditioned physique in a competition where the physique is a major criteria?

It's insane. It'd be like congratulating a bodybuilder for coming in soft because the insecure guys out there can more easily relate. Sure, these pageants are also about other things besides the body...but these people are not ever mentioning those attributes so it's an irrelevant point.

not because you're a favourite but I have to agree with you on here... she does have a fuller physique were clearly aesthetics are important...

But it's a beauty pageant not a physique contest. Many people consider a slightly higher body fat percentage to be "more beautiful" than lower. Beauty is pretty damn subjective.

Yeah, I agree. Also pageants are about beauty of face and body, how you carry yourself, the "talent", answering questions, politics in various ways, the standard is set by the contestants that are competing.

And the end result is a pretty lady that spends a year raising money for a charity or two of her choice.
  • TJ_Rugger
    TJ_Rugger Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Like such as she is very pretty, in the Indianas and like such as though. Out of the others from the states of the Americas and such as she looked the best. Such as maps.

Thank you and God Bless America

(For more explanation on this post please good "Miss South Carolina transcript")
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

It's a bikini pageant, the body is judged as well as the face. The judging preferences are known to everyone competing. The other girls ALL hire well known physique coaches to get in contest shape (the winner hired a well known IFBB Bikini pro for contest prep). This girl either didn't hire one or didn't follow the given contest prep plan.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

It's a bikini pageant, the body is judged as well as the face. The judging preferences are known to everyone competing. The other girls ALL hire well known physique coaches to get in contest shape. This girl either didn't hire one or didn't follow the given contest prep plan.

Bikini is just one of the elements. They also have evening gown, talent, answering a question, and maybe other stuff (I'm not any kind of pageant expert, my great grandmother used to have me watch them with her when I was a kid).