What is your weight loss motto?

Options
We all have a personal motto or whatever to keep us going. What helps you?

Mine is "weight loss is a long distance marathon not a 100m sprint."

For me it means slowly does it, one small change at a time. Something I can do for the rest of my life no just today.

Replies

• Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    This inspires me! It's hard being fat and its uncomfortable so I am choosing my hard path to follow.
    choose-your-hard.png
  • MysteriousDreamer
    MysteriousDreamer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This inspires me! It's hard being fat and its uncomfortable so I am choosing my hard path to follow.
    choose-your-hard.png

Ohhhh I love that!!!!!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Results>(are greater than)Excuses
  • saraharnoldnelson
    saraharnoldnelson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    One life, one body.
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Every damn day, just do it!
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Believe in you! :heart:
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Keep it pushing!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The only way to fail is to quit.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My MFP motto for when I have over indulged by accident is: Eat it, enjoy it, log it, forget it!
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Progress not perfection
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    As with all things one desires the major component is willpower. Willpower is a muscle, it strengthens when used frequently and deteriorates if used infrequently. Once strong that willpower can be applied in your life where you see fit. Keeping sound mind and body is an excellent tool to exercise your willpower regularly and keep it in form so that when you have to jump out of that plane when you are scared of heights or you have to make that aggressive play for a promotion at work you have that strength of will at hand and ready to tap.

Being in shape isn't just about looking good, its about being better and more prepared. Vanity is cheap, but willpower and confidence come in handy.

I haven't distilled that down to a pithy saying yet.
  • dxpxh
    dxpxh Posts: 8
    Options
    I know it's cheesy, but the Nike ad "Yesterday you said tomorrow" is pretty much the reason I got started
  • ChaiMagic
    ChaiMagic Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not just my weight loss motto, but the motto I use in regards to my depression and PTSD: 'You are stronger than you know, you are better than the worst thing that has ever happened to you. You're going to be great."
  • katew221
    katew221 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    These two:

501ikj.jpg

Because I have poly cystic ovary syndrome, which is both the reason I am overweight and the reason I am trying so hard to lose it. Whenever I am working out and I am tired, or battling my willpower, I yell this at myself!!

2nao83o.jpg

And this one, because like OP, this is a marathon not a sprint, yet it is so easy to want it all right NOW.

:smile: fantastic thread!!

ETA: These two have got me through 224 days on MFP, and 51lbs lost with 60 to go :)
  • T_Ciku
    T_Ciku Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My motto when I don't feel like exercising: Motivation is overrated. It's all about discipline.
    My motto for eating well, exercising and being more active (it's cliche!): My body is a temple. I have to treat it with the greatest care and respect.
  • GunslingerGirl
    GunslingerGirl Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Do it, or don't change.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    "Don't let perfect be the enemy of good."
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    When I really don't feel like dieting or working out, I tell myself "stop being a little *****"

Works every time.
  • JaneyB311
    JaneyB311 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I like "You don't get the *kitten* you want by sitting on the one you've got" :)