150 CALORIE FOR WHOLE PINT OF ICE CREAM!

Options
JassiBear
JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
I want to help you all, and I want you all to help me too, because we're in this together! So listen, I know many of you may know...but in case you don't... the company/brand "Artic Zero" makes delicious pints of Ice Cream for only 150 calories for the ENTIRE PINT...not just one serving no.........the ENTIRE PINT.. it even says it on the front of the pint, as it is a signature aspect of their brand. This ice-cream is available at Kroger ...which is a grocery store in the American Midwest, and also at Wal-Mart stores in the freezer aisle......its summer...and I get sooo jealous of everyone enjoying 700 calorie Dairy Queen Blizzards and 500 calorie waffle cones.......but yeah, this is an excellent alternative for days when you just feel like your sweet tooth/hunger is out of control but cannot afford it calorie-wise. You can easily mix in things with this ice cream, like peanut butter or chocolate chips (of course for more than 150 calories at that point, and at your own will) to jazz it up..but its good on its own. This ice cream is protein power based I believed, it is very high in protein. Once again it is called "Artic Zero".... this is something celebrate for dieters everywhere...

Replies

• Releasethepain
    Options
    Added to my grocery list! Thank you, miss!
  • JassiBear
    Options
    No problem! I love helping.... and there's nothing more I love than Ice Cream!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I've heard of that before but haven't found it in the local Walmart to try. There is an article I read about this ice cream having more calories than it claims to have and the reviews are not all that great, but I might still try it. I am addicted to Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches at the moment. :)
    http://www.today.com/id/48596412/ns/today-today_news/t/rossen-reports-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels/#.U5kpvcXn_IU
  • veronicacannon
    veronicacannon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    awesome find!!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero is ok if you don't mind that it's really not sweet at all. It's good if you think you can't stop binging and still want a treat. I even have a coupon for a free pint that I forgot to use, and I have half a pint in my freezer. But it's not really a good substitute for real ice cream.
  • quin123456
    quin123456 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to be addicted to skinny cow mint ice cream sandwiches.. but they were expensive so now I get the meijer brand .. cheaper and they have chocolate chips.. most ice cream sammies don't have that many calories
  • FairlyOddChelle
    FairlyOddChelle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    How awesome. The site says it's at my local Wal-Mart and Ralph's, hopefully I can find it. And there's Cookies & Cream, yesssssssss.
  • JassiBear
    Options
    I used to be addicted to skinny cow mint ice cream sandwiches.. but they were expensive so now I get the meijer brand .. cheaper and they have chocolate chips.. most ice cream sammies don't have that many calories

Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches are awesome! I love skinny cow,,, but the ice cream is just a little less "dense"... I guess that the word I'm looking for...than I really like...its like it has a lot of air in it. But yeah, I find that ice cream sandwiches in general don't have too many calories in comparison to other things. Also...good humor ice cream treats are pretty good on calories, relative to other brands that is.
  • JassiBear
    Options
    Arctic Zero is ok if you don't mind that it's really not sweet at all. It's good if you think you can't stop binging and still want a treat. I even have a coupon for a free pint that I forgot to use, and I have half a pint in my freezer. But it's not really a good substitute for real ice cream.

I wonder how it would taste with some stevia sprinkled on it? Maybe nasty....stevia is a bit bitter... idk,
  • JassiBear
    Options
    http://www.today.com/id/48596412/ns/today-today_news/t/rossen-reports-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels/#.U5kt67EUqSp

okay so after reading this link.......................... I'm feeling some type of way about Artic Zero now... :/ hmm?!
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, for anyone trying it, that it does NOT taste anything like ice cream. It is good, but it is a frozen desert. It is no substitute for real ice cream, despite what it claims.

The peanut butter is the best of them. The vanilla one was just... meh. The mint one is okay, but REAL mint ice cream is far superior. I recommend - of them all - the peanut butter one. it taste great with a banana and a bit of PB2. (mix the pb2 with water BEFORE putting it in the ice cream, otherwise the consistency is weird)
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Options
    http://www.today.com/id/48596412/ns/today-today_news/t/rossen-reports-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels/#.U5kt67EUqSp

okay so after reading this link.......................... I'm feeling some type of way about Artic Zero now... :/ hmm?!
    Keep in mind that a lot of companies do this. I guess its why I try to leave about 200 to 400 calories left over in my diary for unaccounted calories. :flowerforyou:
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Its frozen ice, only the peanut butter flavor was tolerable. Too expensive also. Better off getting a bag of frozen blueberries in the same aisle and eating them. Just my opinion.
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    I tried one flavor a long time ago when I heard about this......................and ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww gross
    if I want ice cream, I'm eating the good stuff lol...............what I like about IF is I can eat what i want on some days.................
  • JassiBear
    Options

Keep in mind that a lot of companies do this. I guess its why I try to leave about 200 to 400 calories left over in my diary for unaccounted calories. :flowerforyou:

You're right because on the Orville Redenbacher.... or whatever... popcorn..for movie theater butter it says 20 calories for a popped cup when truthfully its 34 calories a cup when you do the math. And thats a big difference if you're eating the whole 10-cup bag haha.
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Guess whos going ice cream shopping in 30 mins this guy... thanks for the heads up :flowerforyou:
  • JassiBear
    Options
    Guess whos going ice cream shopping in 30 mins this guy... thanks for the heads up :flowerforyou:

Lol for sure.... to be on the safe side......I would just count the calories for a pint as about 210..... only because the reports are saying some flavors contain 46%-68% more calories than the actual label says :/ which is disappointing...but somebody just posted that :/
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    It works for me. Few minutes in the microwave ..it is NOT Ben & Jerry's or Hagen Daz. The label does not call it ice cream. There are NO cookies in the cookie flavors.

I get mine at Walmart, Sprouts Market and have found in grocery (Kroger/Frys etc). It's in excess of $4 a pint.

I like vanilla maple (I add some Walden Farms strawberry syrup to it), the caramel is tasty (again, sigh, with addition of some Walden Farms caramel) and the Coffee is not bad. Choc mint, PB choc...so so (but Walden Farms makes Chocolate syrup, lol)

I eat half a pint..goes well with some Reko Italian pizzelle cookies (23-25 cals a cookie). I have about 4 pints in freezer. Would be great if they were cheaper and had more of a flavor to them, but as I said, works for me. Reviews on Amazon & Arctic Zero went both ways.

http://www.arcticzero.com/labresults.php
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Options

You're right because on the Orville Redenbacher.... or whatever... popcorn..for movie theater butter it says 20 calories for a popped cup when truthfully its 34 calories a cup when you do the math. And thats a big difference if you're eating the whole 10-cup bag haha.
    OMG, don't even get me started on microwave popcorn! I get so confused by those labels. All I want is some popcorn dangit. I don't want a math lesson. lol I'll either have a 100 calorie bag, or just make it in a pan with a tablespoon of oil and some salt.