150 CALORIE FOR WHOLE PINT OF ICE CREAM!

Options

Replies

• vasairiah
    vasairiah Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    I like vanilla maple (I add some Walden Farms strawberry syrup to it), the caramel is tasty (again, sigh, with addition of some Walden Farms caramel) and the Coffee is not bad. Choc mint, PB choc...so so (but Walden Farms makes Chocolate syrup, lol)

^agree. Vanilla maple is the best and most "natural" tasting of the flavors. It mixes well too. I dig the PB chocolate though :) Coffee is okay in my book .. A little icy but okay ;)

All in all it's a great option if you need something sweet :)
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    The texture and taste is like ice cream made out of water. I've tried several of the flavors and I would describe all of them like this. It can help with a strong ice cream craving if you tweak it a little bit. I sprinkle on a little artificial sweetener to help give it more taste. Also, per the instructions, you should eat it about ten minutes after you take it out for it to get a little softer.

The product is way overpriced for cheap ingredients. The owners of the company probably have a huge profit margin.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Thank you for sharing! I hope I can find it where I live!
  • One_Last_Time
    Options
    Not to be a downer but i have tried those and they are disgusting. I'd rather only have 1/2 cup real, delicious ice cream then a pint of that artificial grossness. I'll spend an extra 30 minutes in the gym to have the good stuff. To each their own.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Not to be a downer but i have tried those and they are disgusting. I'd rather only have 1/2 cup real, delicious ice cream then a pint of that artificial grossness. I'll spend an extra 30 minutes in the gym to have the good stuff. To each their own.

This.
    Tastes like wet limp carboard to me. Waste of calories.
    Nothing wrong with normal ice cream.

YMMV.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options

I was just looking at the nutritional info and the ingredients in the chocolate peanut butter one. Honestly, for a food selling as 'low cal' I thought it wasn't too bad as far as "artificial" goes. I've seen much worse and then again, I'm no expert on this either. I still plan on trying it. :smile:

Purified Water, Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk), Organic Cane Sugar, Chicory Root, Sugarcane Fiber, Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder With Alkali, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Natural Peanut Flavor (Peanuts), Sea Salt, Monk Fruit Concentrate.
  • Dragonborn79
    Dragonborn79 Posts: 161
    Options
    Neither my boyfriend nor I cared for Arctic Zero, we ended up throwing it out. But I would say it's worth trying because you might dig it. You can't beat the numbers.

We like So Delicious Almond Milk Ice Cream. The numbers aren't as good as the Arctic Zero, and I'm not going to say it's necessarily as good as real ice cream, but I splurged on some Ben & Jerry's a few months ago and decided that I was just as happy with the So Delicious. I haven't been tempted to get real ice cream since.

It's tasty and I can easily fit it into my macros. We have the Vanilla, Chocolate and Butter Pecan in the freezer now, these are the stats for 1 serving (1/2 cup or 1/4 of the container):

Vanilla
    Calories: 130
    Total Fat: 4.5
    Total Carb: 26g
    Fiber: 5g
    Sugars: 7g
    Protein: 1g

Chocolate
    Calories: 120
    Total Fat: 2.5g
    Total Carb: 28g
    Sugars: 9g
    Protein: 2g

Butter Pecan
    Calories: 160
    Total Fat: 8g
    Total Carb: 25g
    Sugars: 7g
    Protein: 2g
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this a while ago but I've never managed to find anywhere that sells or ships to the UK! :(

Would love to give it a try as well.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    The taste is not worth 150 calories! Sorry but it's absolutely disgusting texture and taste. I'd rather make real ice cream fit into my day preferably Talenti Gelato because if I am using my calories it's going to taste good and I'm going to enjoy it.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • emilysfatsuit
    emilysfatsuit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sigh. I'm doomed. Now I have to drive all over tarnation tomorrow searching the frozen dessert aisles of all the local grocery stores, Target, and Walmart for this mythical 150 calorie/pint ice cream. And I reasonably certain my taste buds will be disappointed. Which is why I'll justify grabbing a pint of Talenti Tahitian Vanilla gelato, just in case. Sigh.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I tried it before and my body felt like it was trying to have a spontaneous involuntary ice cream abortion.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    If it sounds too good to be true, chances are it is. I guess I'm not a fan of "diet foods" like that. It's supposed to be reduced calories but to me it discourages portion control and getting in the habit of having a smaller portion of dessert if you're eating ice cream on a regular basis.

Sure if someone wants to enjoy a whole pint of ice cream and can swing it, go right ahead. But for a lot of people that kind of habit can be a problem.

I'd rather have a standard portion of really good ice cream, but as someone else said, to each their own.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I can't buy it I don't live in the states but do shop there some...but wouldn't buy it anyway.

I've tried skinny cow and other "low fat" ice cream....no...just no...

I don't even like frozen yogurt...

I currently have Ben & Jerry's in my freezer and I will eat that thanks...

The only low calorie ice cream snack I like is the orange cream bars at DQ...but they aren't ice cream...ice cream has to have "cream"....
  • mom2aeris
    mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are very low calorie, but they're also $6 for a pint. Christ, I would rather just go without ice cream than spend that much.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Think I'll stick with my occasional treat of Ben & Jerry's. If I'm gonna eat ice cream, I want to enjoy it. Anyway I hate anything low-fat, low calories...unless its veggies of course.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Spoonful of Ben & Jerry's > pint of Arctic Zero.

Arctic Zero is crap, and mislabeled crap at that.
  • floridakilos
    Options
    tumblr_inline_n2y90aizYo1rwjrx3.gif

I'd rather eat 1/4 a cup of ben & jerry or haagen dazs for 150 calories than eat 2 cups of arctic zero. Quality over quantity.
  • cantfail
    cantfail Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I think this stuff is vile.