150 CALORIE FOR WHOLE PINT OF ICE CREAM!

Options

Replies

• rocksandv96
    Options
    Thanks Jassi! If I can find it, I'll try it. I have a horrible sweet tooth.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero is inedible. I'd rather have one small tablespoon of good ice cream than an entire pint of Arctic Zero. Seriously... BLECH!
  • EmmGriffith652
    Options
    I thought I was getting a deal with my 1/2 cup of Greek frozen yogurt at 150 calories! I'll definitely have to check this out after I run out of my frozen yogurt.

Thank you! (:
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Who cares if it's 150 calories if it tastes like crap? I prefer the real stuff or nothing at all. Just because they call it "ice cream" doesn't make it ice cream.
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My go to frozen treat is a scoop of Breyer's vanilla bean frozen yogurt in a little 20 calorie cake cone. 120 calories total and it makes me happy happy happy. :) I can sit on my back porch with my kids and eat my treat while they eat theirs. Or I'll add a scoop of the same yogurt with a little (1/2 cup-ish) Silk Dark Chocolate almond milk and ice, add it to my Ninja and make a "milkshake." Again it rocks.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Who cares if it's 150 calories if it tastes like crap? I prefer the real stuff or nothing at all. Just because they call it "ice cream" doesn't make it ice cream.

they call it a frozen dessert on the pint if I'm not mistaken.... so they can't even call it ice cream :sick:

article-2191036-14A039A7000005DC-383_306x315.jpg

22005148.jpg
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    h7B64A3D4
    Troof. For instance, last night I only have 3/4 of a pint of B&J's Strawberry Cheesecake.

Never mind that I'd eaten 1/2 cup a couple days ago and that's all that was left in the freezer.
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero. Hmm. I've given it a couple shots. I find that the taste is severely lacking (like, I want to dump Hershey's syrup all over it to get some amount of flavor) and it leaves me with terrible gut rot.

I'd rather get some light ice cream/frozen yogurt, really enjoy my half a cup, and be content with that. Not to mention, Arctic Zero is $4.50-5.50/pint where I live. Hardly worth the product you get.
  • RivenV
    Options

they call it a frozen dessert on the pint if I'm not mistaken.... so they can't even call it ice cream :sick:

article-2191036-14A039A7000005DC-383_306x315.jpg

22005148.jpg
    throne_of_lies_elf.gif
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I would rather just eat a serving of real ice cream instead. Or two servings because I can make it fit my macros
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have a pint of the Chocolate Peanut butter on my desk in front of me right now.
    I'm seriously thinking about throwing it in the trash can it's so bad, and Ice Cream is my Kryptonite.
    I don't know what it is but ice cream it isn't...

I appreciate that the OP passed on some info on a product that some might like but this stuff just isn't good...

EDIT: It's in the trash and I've just realized that it has an aftertaste.... I'm trading the "Ice Cream" for some Green Giant rice & Broccoli. Yes it's that bad! LoL

Another EDIT: I just visited the Arctic Zero website, they have a "Submit a Video" asking for submissions as to why you love AZ, Hmmmm... This might get interesting! LoL
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've heard of that before but haven't found it in the local Walmart to try. There is an article I read about this ice cream having more calories than it claims to have and the reviews are not all that great, but I might still try it. I am addicted to Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches at the moment. :)
    http://www.today.com/id/48596412/ns/today-today_news/t/rossen-reports-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels/#.U5kpvcXn_IU

Ok seriously... that's complete bull. The FDA needs to figure out a way to regulate nutrition labels or they shouldn't even bother. 68% off from what the food label says? Ugh
    Even if it was the best darn ice cream ever I wouldn't eat it for the principal that they are lying about their product.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I freeze yogurt, then defrost 20 secs in microwave. Gorgeous and 99 calories.

Just had one with strawberries and 1 meringue broken up.... heaven.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I hate Artic Zero, I threw out the entire thing after 2 spoonfulls.

I like to eat skinny cow sometimes, I particularly like their ice cream sandwiches. Lately though, when I want ice cream, I've been buying the teeny single serving cups from Ben and Jerry's or whoever else makes them. Real ice cream, but won't sit in my freezer and tempt me for a week.

I really like the Danon Oikos frozen greek yogurt ice cream too. The chocolate flavor was awesome and I'm going after Key Lime next time.
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list of people who would rather eat a reasonable amount of real ice cream than gorge on a whole pint of what tastes like crappy frozen protein shake. That is one thing I have learned while losing weight (and now maintaining) on MFP: I would almost always have less of the "real" (meaning high calorie/fat) stuff than boat loads of the inferior imposter. This goes for ice cream, brownies (keep black beans out of my brownies, you sickos!!), butter, etc.

I wish I could be like you........but I'm greedy as hell, and once I get started on something I really like........ things can easily spin out of control. You cannot set a dozen krispy kream donuts in front of me and expect to only eat half of one. Same goes with pizza. RAWR!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try that.

:angry:

:flowerforyou:
  • RivenV
    Options
    Add me to the list of people who would rather eat a reasonable amount of real ice cream than gorge on a whole pint of what tastes like crappy frozen protein shake. That is one thing I have learned while losing weight (and now maintaining) on MFP: I would almost always have less of the "real" (meaning high calorie/fat) stuff than boat loads of the inferior imposter. This goes for ice cream, brownies (keep black beans out of my brownies, you sickos!!), butter, etc.

I wish I could be like you........but I'm greedy as hell, and once I get started on something I really like........ things can easily spin out of control. You cannot set a dozen krispy kream donuts in front of me and expect to only eat half of one. Same goes with pizza. RAWR!
    Eventually you will need to learn self control.
    Someone had to say it
    shots-fired-meme-generator-shots-fired-08537a.jpg?1348337891.jpg