Replies

• gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • kcl29
    kcl29 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! Last December my wonderful husband, only 56, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. We could easily have spent this year angry and bitter, but the truth has been that although we truly detest that he got this disease, we have had so much to be thankful for.

I am grateful to all the doctors and nurses who have taken incredible care of us. They have been brilliant and kind and compassionate and hard working - angels on earth! I am grateful that I have good health insurance. I am grateful that we had saved money so that our insurance deductibles and loss of income did not cause us financial hardship. I am thankful to all the people I work with who could not be more supportive, they handle my work whenever my husband needs me for anything. I am grateful for my family and friends, who have been so incredibly supportive. I am thankful for all the amazing gifts and prayers we regularly receive without ever having to ask. I am thankful for my wonderful sons, who help us with anything we need. I am grateful to have my sweet husband, and I am grateful for every day God will allow him to stay with me. I am blessed!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    ^ Wow, after that grateful post, anything I had to say sounds so trivial.
    So Today I am grateful that my husband is healthy and that we are still happily married. (Thou if we continue to do DIY projects together that may change.) ( I didn't say I wouldn't to open and honest. :wink: )
    I am grateful that my health improves a little more each day.
    I am grateful that I can laugh at myself.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    kc, that is a very inspiring gratitude post!
  • asia1967
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I am relatively healthy.
    I am grateful that my husband's diabetes is under control with oral mediation.
    My husband buddy's wife was just diagnosed with MS and they found an inoperable tumour. :brokenheart:
    I am grateful that I have had the chance to tell my loved ones that " I love them."
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    I am grateful that I have my health and that my son seems back to his normal self. Grateful to be able to walk and talk with him for 50 minutes this morning. He is going to be 18 in February and believes that he has found his future wife. Wouldn't he be the lucky one! I am grateful to be home from work after a long evening class.
  • asia1967
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I was able to get out and walk in our local Provincial Park and do the trails.
    I am grateful that I was able to enjoy the beautiful day and lovely weather and I was able to sit by the lake and listen to the waves lap against the beach and rocks.
    I am grateful I got to spend the day relaxing with the husband and of course our dog. :happy:
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful for Colorado weather. We have had the most beautiful warm days and today a nice thunderstorm. I am grateful that I know how to listen (I talked to my sister on the phone and she does not need two people for a conversation). Glad to talk to my cousin in Taipei. Grateful that my son helped me make pizza and seems interested in learning to cook. Grateful that I got at least half of the art piece done I've been working on.
  • asia1967
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I allowed myself to step out of my comfort zone and have met some awesome people on MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I allowed myself to step out of my comfort zone and have met some awesome people on MFP. :flowerforyou:

Tracy, I'm so glad to know you on mfp! Such a great community. Facebook used to be my big thing but find myself going to mfp first these days. Really makes a difference to have the support and a place to just vent, share recipes, keep agreements. Think YOU are awesome!
  • swimmom123
    swimmom123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful that I found this discussion thread today. I love the positive vibes.
    I'm grateful that I dragged myself out of bed at 5:30 am and was on a spinning bike at 6 am. I'm grateful for the days I figure out how to add exercise to a busy day -- and then do it.
    I'm grateful for a good night's sleep.
  • libby2208
    libby2208 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful that no matter how tough things may seem in my head, I always have enough. :)
  • asia1967
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I can still enjoy the small pleasures in life, looking at a friend's picture.
    Taking a walk in the park.
    Enjoying a good laugh with a new friend.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful that life can only be lived one step at a time. Grateful that "the blues" can change to rainbow hues when least expected.
  • asia1967
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I can recognize the joy of life even amongst the pain.
    I am grateful for being able to step out of my comfort zone, even thou it was difficult.
    I am grateful that I know I am still capable of falling in love even at my old age. :wink:
    I am thankful that I found my inner strength to accomplish the goals I set out for myself!
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful that it's the end of the term and my students got their projects done, after all. Grateful that I am mustering the courage to change my life. Grateful that the scale is my friend and keep on losing, slow but sure. Grateful for my friends on mfp.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I am grateful that I found this cool thread.

I am grateful for my friends and family.

I am grateful that I have my health.

I am grateful for having my clients turn into friends.

I am grateful for being able to generate an income while being self employed.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I got to talk to my friend Betty about senior financial issues and have decided to do the paperwork next week to retire early. I've been agonizing about it. I will still work, of course, but with a different mind-set I think. Also grateful that it was a beautiful day in Colorado today. 70's during the day, cooler morning and evening. Grateful that my X agreed to send my son to see his friends over Christmas break. Grateful to talk to my mother in Illinois and have her sound so strong and healthy. Grateful that the scale is moving the way I am working for it to.
  • asia1967
    Options
    Today I am grateful I had the energy and gumption to get on the treadmill at 6:30 am and kick *kitten*.
    I am grateful that I have made myself put my safety blanket away and start to embrace life again.
    I am grateful that I had the courage to reach out and make new acquaintances on MFP.
    I am grateful to be alive and well.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Missed my gratitude post last night so doing it this morning. I'm grateful for a pleasant place to live, being able to move around on my own and go up and down stairs. That I am now in Onederland. That I found mfp.