How would you feel?

Options
12346»

Replies

• curls235
    curls235 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think you should show him all these messages, maybe he might start treating you with some respect :)
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Certainly difficult to respond to a brief description of a conversation but here are a few things that come to mind.
    Are you placing too much into a comment?
    Are you allowing it to feed into what might be the biggest culprit, your own self esteem?
    Have you considered/discussed the reasons why your boyfriend loves you?
    Have you considered that sexy and attractiveness is not all about the physical being?

Maybe the boyfriends comments are a red flag but maybe the openness of you both having a discussion has more weight then the actual comments.

Personally I prefer the openness. My husband of 25 years loves shapely legs. He won't get them with me. Who knows maybe he likes them as he knows he won't? There had to be ALOT more of me that he liked, then what he didn't like to put up with me ha,ha.

Your self esteem is not and should not be dictated by someone else. Its what you do with the information that is important and from reading the posts, you can see different people have different opinions.

Maybe you should have another conversation.
  • Pmsylvester
    Pmsylvester Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Why do people reply to only say things like "my boyfriend is the complete opposite of this?" how does that help.....

Because sometimes we normalize behavior based on what we see every day. So the idea is that it's helpful to know everyone isn't living like that and things can be different.
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    O.K., so I'm a little bit jealous of you people with these idyllic relationships, but if somebody is retarded you have compassion, right? My husband is amazing in a lot of ways, but has probably hurt my feelings hundreds of times. What people say is not personal even though it seems so. It comes through the filter of their ego. My Husband has an ego inflated to the extent that I think of it as a sort of retardation and he needs to evolve into emotional maturity. For now he's just RETARDED. Ha Ha

ROTFL! Sounds like mine!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    :drinker: there are other fishies in the sea, honey :drinker:
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Feeling eff you is a very reasonable response!

Maybe you should take it upon yourself to regularly give him details about what you like in a man. Bring it up at least every week. Go into extreme detail. Focus on a part of his body that is "okay" and "at least you have that going for you."

What does stooping down to his level do? It doesn't make her any better of a person. BTW I am also dealing with issues of taking the high road and being the better person.

Taking the high road in a romantic relationship is only going to work if it is the road out of there.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Feeling eff you is a very reasonable response!

Maybe you should take it upon yourself to regularly give him details about what you like in a man. Bring it up at least every week. Go into extreme detail. Focus on a part of his body that is "okay" and "at least you have that going for you."

What does stooping down to his level do? It doesn't make her any better of a person. BTW I am also dealing with issues of taking the high road and being the better person.

Taking the high road in a romantic relationship is only going to work if it is the road out of there.

Love that quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!