Replies

• sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    aa17fa0234d24627_tumblr_lm74n07Sng1qdhmifo1_500.xxxlarge.gif
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get angry with the level of disrespect floating around on these message boards. I see posts and people go about making snide and rude remarks about the original poster and I thinks its very immature. There is always a way to have an opinion and not be rude or "throw shade" on the person who started the thread. Internet bullying is real, and all those insecure people who want to attack OP's need to seriously be checked on their dirty behavior. Please be respectful to everyone, even if you disagree with them. Period. If you can't do that then you need help.

A lot of people confuse disrespect for somebody pointing out their ignorance, or merely being wrong.

An opinion can never be "wrong" or "right" neither "true" or "false".... only a statement has truth value. So yes if someone makes a statement about something, it's fine to say they are wrong or right. But even then there is no justification for rudeness. Nope none none none.

rudeness.jpg
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Hi im still new to this so I wont comment but I did read a post inhere .....what is trolling?

This thread was posted by a known bb.com troll. Most users feel no need to be delicate with someone who is clearly just seeking attention which is what trolling is usually about. Sometimes they're just being funny, sometimes they're just stirring the pot for entertainment, and sometimes they're just trying to get people angry.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OcUiXMARr6QJ:www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1314298-estimate-what-of-girls-who-lift-can-do-wide-pullups?page=3&show=search+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Unfortunately the actual thread got pulled because the troll went way over the top searching out peoples dating site accounts to attack them, but it was entertaining while it lasted. Trolls like this usually get banned pretty quickly.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Well, before this thread gets closed by MFP moderators for baiting the community I just wanted to express something genuine to the OP.

Relax. The post I think you are refering to, the one about stereotyping beauty, was posted by a troll. It was a post designed, again, to bait the community by saying something so ridiculous as "woh is me, I am so beutiful" and then as soon as responses were recieved ALL-CAPS yelling about how harrassed "she" felt. You are defending what is most likely a teenage boy rolling off his chair laughing right now.

So here is what is going to most likely happen next. This post will last for a bit longer until it to is spotted by the MFP moderators and shut down for again baiting the community. So if you have something important to say better say it quick.

To everyone else I apoologize, I know I said I would stop pointing out the obvious subtexts and ironies of this but I'm starting to feel genuinely bad for the OP's ignorance here.
  • kinmad4it
    kinmad4it Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love these threads!

Whilst the original post definitely has a point, that point will be lost amongst a sea of derisory pathetic come backs designed to do the exact thing the OP spoke up against.

Excellent way to collect a load of useless trolls together to fill up your ignore list though. So it certainly served a positive purpose, thanks OP.

Maximum-Butthurt-Achieved-Reaction-Gif.gif

Well, that's another one added. Thanks for such a giant douche and proving my point. Your predictable childishness is appreciated.
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do.... don't:

Mention Dr. Oz..
    State an opinion as FACT.
    Sing the praises of pasta.
    Trash the use of pasta in your diet.
    Look for a date on MFP.
    Ask if 800 daily calories is too little.

I could go on.

The truth is, being respectful in your responses goes a long way, especially when you.. disagree.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    An opinion can never be "wrong" or "right" neither "true" or "false".... only a statement has truth value. So yes if someone makes a statement about something, it's fine to say they are wrong or right. But even then there is no justification for rudeness. Nope none none none.

Actually an opinion is a statement, but you're right in that it won't have a truth value.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    I love these threads!

Whilst the original post definitely has a point, that point will be lost amongst a sea of derisory pathetic come backs designed to do the exact thing the OP spoke up against.

Excellent way to collect a load of useless trolls together to fill up your ignore list though. So it certainly served a positive purpose, thanks OP.

Well, that's another one added. Thanks for such a giant douche and proving my point. Your predictable childishness is appreciated.

51086026.jpg
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I love these threads!

Get-over-it.gif
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_n6ufqmdmub1rtpcz9.gif
  • turpenoid
    turpenoid Posts: 73
    Options

tumblr_m5kd2i9rSy1rxevt4o1_500.gif
  • RaggedyPond
    Options

hell-yeah-gif.gif
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Well, before this thread gets closed by MFP moderators for baiting the community I just wanted to express something genuine to the OP.

Relax. The post I think you are refering to, the one about stereotyping beauty, was posted by a troll. It was a post designed, again, to bait the community by saying something so ridiculous as "woh is me, I am so beutiful" and then as soon as responses were recieved ALL-CAPS yelling about how harrassed "she" felt. You are defending what is most likely a teenage boy rolling off his chair laughing right now.

So here is what is going to most likely happen next. This post will last for a bit longer until it to is spotted by the MFP moderators and shut down for again baiting the community. So if you have something important to say better say it quick.

To everyone else I apoologize, I know I said I would stop pointing out the obvious subtexts and ironies of this but I'm starting to feel genuinely bad for the OP's ignorance here.

*kicks rocks*

And I was just starting to like you too.
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    cheese fries sound pretty good right about now

Lonestar%20Steakhouse%20Amarillo%20Cheese%20FriesTU.jpg

On that note...goodnight before the fridge starts calling my name.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I love these threads!

I've never understood how calling someone childish is an insult, or the people who chastise that you should be more mature in a completely trivial situation. So I'm lighthearted, whimsical and don't take things too seriously, how is that a bad thing? Yes, there are places where displaying a certain sense of gravitas is important, the internetz is not one of them.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    These kinds of threads are always like giant troll magnets. So ironic. :ohwell:
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

*kicks rocks*

tumblr_lhp7k54gkt1qdwkdyo1_500.gif
  • RaggedyPond
    Options
    I love these threads!

I've never understood how calling someone childish is an insult, or the people who chastise that you should be more mature in a completely trivial situation. So I'm lighthearted, whimsical and don't take things too seriously, how is that a bad thing? Yes, there are places where displaying a certain sense of gravitas is important, the internetz is not one of them.

8ae.gif
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    These kinds of threads are always like giant troll magnets. So ironic. :ohwell:

The irony of course being you are referring to a post decrying the community at large from mocking an internet troll until they were removed by the MFP moderators....right? I mean that is what you meant yeah? Not that the MFP community itself were trolls while the person who was obviously trolling was sweet and innocent. Right?

I'm beginning to more and more believe my theory of subtext.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

*kicks rocks*

tumblr_lhp7k54gkt1qdwkdyo1_500.gif

tumblr_m8wpxvvQ9C1qja16c.gif
This discussion has been closed.