Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    0_0
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    These kinds of threads are always like giant troll magnets. So ironic. :ohwell:

The irony of course being you are referring to a post decrying the community at large from mocking an internet troll until they were removed by the MFP moderators....right? I mean that is what you meant yeah? Not that the MFP community itself were trolls while the person who was obviously trolling was sweet and innocent. Right?

I'm beginning to more and more believe my theory of subtext.

I did not find this myself but am stealing it from another user to post here because I think it's important for people who are new to understand that YES in fact, it's usually spot on when someone calls troll on a thread like that:
    At least Opie is himself. Said stereotypical beautiful person was pretending to be Danielle Mansutti.

thumb.jpg

http://weheartit.com/tag/dani mansutti
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

The irony of course being you are referring to a post decrying the community at large from mocking an internet troll until they were removed by the MFP moderators....right? I mean that is what you meant yeah? Not that the MFP community itself were trolls while the person who was obviously trolling was sweet and innocent. Right?

I did not find this myself but am stealing it from another user to post here because I think it's important for people who are new to understand that YES in fact, it's usually spot on when someone calls troll on a thread like that:
    At least Opie is himself. Said stereotypical beautiful person was pretending to be Danielle Mansutti.

thumb.jpg

Sorry to continue my buzzkilling but I just want to emphasize this point to anyone out there including the OP who decries how "mean" some people are in the MFP community, especially the regular posters.

I am going to describe what just happened here today.

Some kid somewhere decided it would be fun to make an account and go onto MFP, a community of people supporting one another to improve our health, and waste people's time by posting something for yuks. In this case they decided to pretend to be a girl who was so beautiful that it was hard to be her. Of course the regulars on MFP having encountered this sort of thing many times before were instantly wise to it and started posting gifs and in jokes and laughing together having a good time while filling the space of the thread so others wouldn't waste their time with it while simultaneously reporting the post to the MFP moderators for what it was, a troll post.

Now someone came along and saw this and thought, either because they are new here or new to the internet or because perhaps they have issue recognizing subtext, saw this and thought "oh noes, that poor young girl....look at all these mean people mocking her" and proceeded to post about how rude some people on MFP are when they are derisive to OPs.

Of course seeing this post and knowing the shortsightedness of it said MFP community members drifted in here and also posted gifs what not while probably reporting the post for what it is which is breaking the ToS for baiting the community. Then others came in and saw all these MFP community people being oh so mean and ironically refered to the community as being trolls and double-ironically started namecalling them as being "pathetic losers" for having the audacity to call someone a pathetic loser on the internet.

Meanwhile the original post that inspired this was removed by MFP moderators for trolling and none of the people complaining about how mean people are seemed to be the wiser. Eventually this post will likely also be removed for baiting the community at least until the cycle inevitably repeats itself as it does so many times here.

Anyways, hope that helps clear that up. Also hope that next time people feel like running in to save the day they first try to take the time to figure out the situation, the lay of the land and why what is happening is happening before jumping to conclusions.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    ^ oh thank goodness you cleared that up, I was beginning to think I missed a beautiful person on MFP, I was like wha????...since when did they start allowing beautiful people on here? :huh:

So since that's no longer my concern with this thread I just wanna put my indignant stance on and say that I'm quite dissappointed that this thread gave NZ-deevaa tuberculosis. That should never EVER happen. EVER! EVARRRRR!!!

Thanks to this whole thread for showing me the true uses for caps and also ironics versus hystrionics and also for golden awesome defined.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Lol you want to stop people being mean on an internet forum? You certainly know how to pick impossible battles XD Honestly anonymity just brings out the worst in people. That being said though some people just need to learn to deal with people who vehemently disagree with their opinion. But without reading what inspired you to all this I have no way of telling what you are so I will just leave it at that.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

thumb.jpg

Sorry to continue my buzzkilling but I just want to emphasize this point to anyone out there including the OP who decries how "mean" some people are in the MFP community, especially the regular posters.

I am going to describe what just happened here today.

Some kid somewhere decided it would be fun to make an account and go onto MFP, a community of people supporting one another to improve our health, and waste people's time by posting something for yuks. In this case they decided to pretend to be a girl who was so beautiful that it was hard to be her. Of course the regulars on MFP having encountered this sort of thing many times before were instantly wise to it and started posting gifs and in jokes and laughing together having a good time while filling the space of the thread so others wouldn't waste their time with it while simultaneously reporting the post to the MFP moderators for what it was, a troll post.

Now someone came along and saw this and thought, either because they are new here or new to the internet or because perhaps they have issue recognizing subtext, saw this and thought "oh noes, that poor young girl....look at all these mean people mocking her" and proceeded to post about how rude some people on MFP are when they are derisive to OPs.

Of course seeing this post and knowing the shortsightedness of it said MFP community members drifted in here and also posted gifs what not while probably reporting the post for what it is which is breaking the ToS for baiting the community. Then others came in and saw all these MFP community people being oh so mean and ironically refered to the community as being trolls and double-ironically started namecalling them as being "pathetic losers" for having the audacity to call someone a pathetic loser on the internet.

Meanwhile the original post that inspired this was removed by MFP moderators for trolling and none of the people complaining about how mean people are seemed to be the wiser. Eventually this post will likely also be removed for baiting the community at least until the cycle inevitably repeats itself as it does so many times here.

Anyways, hope that helps clear that up. Also hope that next time people feel like running in to save the day they first try to take the time to figure out the situation, the lay of the land and why what is happening is happening before jumping to conclusions.

That was rather well done.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Except, y'know, sometimes the OP's are WRONG (i.e. need correction). In that case it's good to correct the error and it can HELP them by giving them information. We have freedom of speech. We don't have to shut up if we disagree. Or the OP may be trolling. And yeah, it's immature to be a jerk. But it's also immature to troll. Goes both ways.

And those threads can be fun to read. ;)

Lol it is fun to read.......... all fun and games until your own thread gets attacked...... and then its just like.......... hey hey I'm a nice person don't attack me rawr! meh! hehe

...are you on the verge of a psychotic break? over a forum and random people on the internet?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

Now you're just trying to ruin ALL our fun. Luckily, the users who likely most need to read this are also usually the ones who hop in half way through the thread, haven't read everything, don't know what's going on, haven't seen the 20 previous troll warnings and feel the need to white knight for the OP anyway, and thus the circle of MFP life continues.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

Now you're just trying to ruin ALL our fun. Luckily, the users who likely most need to read this are also usually the ones who hop in half way through the thread, haven't read everything, don't know what's going on, haven't seen the 20 previous troll warnings and feel the need to white knight for the OP anyway, and thus the circle of MFP life continues.

Yup
  • starseed777
    starseed777 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Nicely done, Aaron! Thanks for clearing this up.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Except, y'know, sometimes the OP's are WRONG (i.e. need correction). In that case it's good to correct the error and it can HELP them by giving them information. We have freedom of speech. We don't have to shut up if we disagree. Or the OP may be trolling. And yeah, it's immature to be a jerk. But it's also immature to troll. Goes both ways.

And those threads can be fun to read. ;)

Lol it is fun to read.......... all fun and games until your own thread gets attacked...... and then its just like.......... hey hey I'm a nice person don't attack me rawr! meh! hehe

...are you on the verge of a psychotic break? over a forum and random people on the internet?

Actually I think the OP said she was sleepy. Apparently lack of sleep can be the cause of many many things, or so I hear? Except of course...when it's not.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry to be hopping in the middle of the thread. I haven't read everything. I don't know what's going on, this seems kinda new, is this something that happens a lot here? Why is everyone being so mean to the OP?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry to be hopping in the middle of the thread. I haven't read everything. I don't know what's going on, this seems kinda new, is this something that happens a lot here? Why is everyone being so mean to the OP?

Because she's 21 and would like world peace to be brought about via the internet.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Because she's 21 and would like world peace to be brought about via the internet.

I honk that's great. You gotta start somewhere! We are all here for the same thing!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Immature...insecure...dirty behavior...I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sounds of your own hypocrisy.
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    this site would be so much better if they would do away with the forums........just a waste of space.............
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    this site would be so much better if they would do away with the forums........just a waste of space.............

but....then how would you announce your opinion that it is a waste of space?

::mind blown::
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

I've a novel idea...

...you may not actually HAVE to use the forums!!

*holyWTFGASP!*
This discussion has been closed.