STOP ATTACKING OP's!!! NOW!

Options

Replies

• sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get angry with the level of disrespect floating around on these message boards. I see posts and people go about making snide and rude remarks about the original poster and I thinks its very immature. There is always a way to have an opinion and not be rude or "throw shade" on the person who started the thread. Internet bullying is real, and all those insecure people who want to attack OP's need to seriously be checked on their dirty behavior. Please be respectful to everyone, even if you disagree with them. Period. If you can't do that then you need help.

You're right OP! Much classier, not to mention more RESPECTFUL, to post attacks about people who you assume aren't actually here to defend themselves.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1321653-moms-restricting-children-s-eating-eating-habits
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Hating requires an underlying feeling of jealousy. I'm not really seeing or reading anything to be jealous of.

So...

I want to take this as a perfect example of someone disagreeing with me but doing so in a RESPECTFUL manner. He disagrees but he doesn't have to belittle me, the OP in the process. Kudos. SOMEONE is an adult here

Um...they implied that there is nothing you provide being worth jealousy: ie you posess nothing or provide nothing of value. That is pretry much the definition of belittlement.

I wouldn't recommend holding up that particular post as an example of disagreement without insult.

... and you had to ruin it for everyone.

It's the way that the post was written I suppose, it was written without having to call names, take cheap shots, or just be evil. If its his opinion that I have nothing to be jealous of, then he has a right to that opinion. I'm talking more so about bullying in a different sense I guess. Grr it's hard to communicate this late at night. I'm sleepy!

Its a good thing you're pretty OP. :flowerforyou:

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :flowerforyou:

::facepalm::
  • midas1022
    midas1022 Posts: 151
    Options
    I just read a post and YOU called someone LAMO and sent a insulting picture. Practice what you preach jerk.!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Except, y'know, sometimes the OP's are WRONG (i.e. need correction). In that case it's good to correct the error and it can HELP them by giving them information. We have freedom of speech. We don't have to shut up if we disagree. Or the OP may be trolling. And yeah, it's immature to be a jerk. But it's also immature to troll. Goes both ways.

And those threads can be fun to read. ;)

Lol it is fun to read.......... all fun and games until your own thread gets attacked...... and then its just like.......... hey hey I'm a nice person don't attack me rawr! meh! hehe

Oddly enough this never happens in my threads.

Wonder why that is

Probably because youre way cooler than me :/ They always want to pick on the little guy.

I was going to say because I generally don't say silly things and don't Percival people who disagree with me as picking on me.

Lies. You Percival the hell out of people.

Wait, what?
    Isn't that a Knight of the Round Table?

DYEHarryPotter?

Percy 'Percival' Weasley?

C'mon kids keep up

ROUND TABLE CAME FIRST.
    (OP only said to be nice to OPs. I'LL TALK IN ALL CAPS TO YOU.)

No one curr about the round table or Arthurian Legend.

Besides, I heard Arthur was really a chick. BlahnlahSaberyadayada

Women can't be Kings.

THEORY DEBUNKED

tumblr_m8ddy4o4Yl1qbimch.gif
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Except, y'know, sometimes the OP's are WRONG (i.e. need correction). In that case it's good to correct the error and it can HELP them by giving them information. We have freedom of speech. We don't have to shut up if we disagree. Or the OP may be trolling. And yeah, it's immature to be a jerk. But it's also immature to troll. Goes both ways.

Lol it is fun to read.......... all fun and games until your own thread gets attacked...... and then its just like.......... hey hey I'm a nice person don't attack me rawr! meh! hehe

Wonder why that is

Probably because youre way cooler than me :/ They always want to pick on the little guy.

I was going to say because I generally don't say silly things and don't Percival people who disagree with me as picking on me.

Wait, what?

DYEHarryPotter?

C'mon kids keep up

ROUND TABLE CAME FIRST.

Women can't be Kings.

THEORY DEBUNKED

Bro do you even Fate/Stay? You disappoint me right now, I expected better.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Saber_(Fate/stay_night)

I'd post pics but I'm in the tub.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    35369-Haters.jpg

Only difference is that on MFP and the internet in general is that he or she who is doing the hating doesn't shut the f up.......because they have the comfort of hiding behind their keyboards. Who is insecure now?!

LOL I will be kind...but...I don't think that the person you referred to earlier (you know...the WWJD) would have said...according to what I have read..."shut the f up"!

Here...I have a couple of extra life vests!

One of the things that I had to learn upon using discussion boards on the internet...not to become what I detest...and my all time favorite quote...

Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I have had that happen more than once...I can't help myself at times.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get angry with the level of disrespect floating around on these message boards. I see posts and people go about making snide and rude remarks about the original poster and I thinks its very immature. There is always a way to have an opinion and not be rude or "throw shade" on the person who started the thread. Internet bullying is real, and all those insecure people who want to attack OP's need to seriously be checked on their dirty behavior. Please be respectful to everyone, even if you disagree with them. Period. If you can't do that then you need help.

You're right OP! Much classier, not to mention more RESPECTFUL, to post attacks about people who you assume aren't actually here to defend themselves.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1321653-moms-restricting-children-s-eating-eating-habits

You misunderstood the rules! The OP is exempt from ANY negative feedback. They can be negative and demeaning, but treating them the same is NOT what Jesus would do.

It would help if there was a handbook or something.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

Wonder why that is

Wait, what?

DYEHarryPotter?

C'mon kids keep up

ROUND TABLE CAME FIRST.

Women can't be Kings.

THEORY DEBUNKED

ANIME ISN'T REAL.
    KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE WAS REAL!!1!!111!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Wonder why that is

Wait, what?

DYEHarryPotter?

C'mon kids keep up

ROUND TABLE CAME FIRST.

Women can't be Kings.

THEORY DEBUNKED

Damn it, I've never heard of that. I'm disappointed in me too.

250px-Saber_2.png
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    When is MFP going to add a like button? I enjoy reading the responses to these threads...:devil:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Hating requires an underlying feeling of jealousy. I'm not really seeing or reading anything to be jealous of.

So...

I want to take this as a perfect example of someone disagreeing with me but doing so in a RESPECTFUL manner. He disagrees but he doesn't have to belittle me, the OP in the process. Kudos. SOMEONE is an adult here

Um...they implied that there is nothing you provide being worth jealousy: ie you posess nothing or provide nothing of value. That is pretry much the definition of belittlement.

I wouldn't recommend holding up that particular post as an example of disagreement without insult.

It's the way that the post was written I suppose, it was written without having to call names, take cheap shots, or just be evil. If its his opinion that I have nothing to be jealous of, then he has a right to that opinion. I'm talking more so about bullying in a different sense I guess. Grr it's hard to communicate this late at night. I'm sleepy!

Its a good thing you're pretty OP. :flowerforyou:

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :flowerforyou:

::facepalm::

*COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH*
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I can't help but read this thread with an overwhelming sense of irony. . .
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Did you expect this post to go well?

9 times out of 10, op is not getting "attacked," but are receiving feedback they don't like. Which, in turn, leads to butt hurt.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

So...

Wow. It was the definition of name calling. It was just done with more than one or two words and was quite funny on its own but your reaction after has officially caused this thread to reach gold level awesome.

Just to give you an idea of other things that belong in gold level awesome:

92212b10-c1a7-42c5-8ec5-69674bb00d5d_zps52a863f8.jpg
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I just read a post and YOU called someone LAMO and sent a insulting picture. Practice what you preach jerk.!

2373460-6850196811-lmao-.jpg
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Wonder why that is

Wait, what?

DYEHarryPotter?

C'mon kids keep up

ROUND TABLE CAME FIRST.

Women can't be Kings.

THEORY DEBUNKED

I'm going to go with this one:

W7FkvPG.jpg

It's what I'm choosing to believe that you meant.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    OP, I like you. You're a little young, a little opinionated, and not really experienced with these forums yet so I'm going to try and actually help out a little bit rather than doing what I normally do on these threads which is gif bomb. You have unfortunately just committed THE cardinal sin of MFP. You have created what is known as a "mean people thread". This thread is very likely to go down in EPIC flames.

Very little of what happens on these forums is genuine meanness. Some of it is spirited debate, even heated disagreement. Some of it is troll baiting (I'm referencing the "beautiful" thread on that one), occasionally it's even people who know each-other poking fun and making a bunch of inside jokes that everyone else thinks is mean but it's really not. But 99% of the time, if you see someone being outright mean, that person is either a troll themselves, or has very good reason to believe the OP is a troll that is intentionally trying to start conflict and is responding in kind.

Or it's an OP throwing a fit because they didn't get the advice they were hoping for.......

Calm down, stick around long enough, and you'll learn to tell the difference. Now this old person is going to stop the condescending lecture and sit back to enjoy the gifs.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

2373460-6850196811-lmao-.jpg

Unforgivable.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPxC5BA3WdfSm34Hhj7x9EbC7ie2bo83iKhWl_yq_lhbuH0XSRwTtxCA

How I feel on the inside when OP's get attacked.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Wonder why that is

Wait, what?

DYEHarryPotter?

C'mon kids keep up

ROUND TABLE CAME FIRST.

Women can't be Kings.

THEORY DEBUNKED

ANIME ISN'T REAL.
    KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE WAS REAL!!1!!111!

Well sure, FOR MUGGLES! Pffff.
This discussion has been closed.