STOP ATTACKING OP's!!! NOW!

Options

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Oh wait - this was sparked by the "Beautiful Stereotyping" thread, wasn't it?

I read the thread and admit that I found the whole thread VERY funny. As you aptly pointed out, the OP's post had the subtext of "feel sorry for me because of the unwanted attention that I get from the opposite sex". I didn't have the heart to respond to the thread. Some of the members were not so kind.

I tried really hard to be kind in that thread.

Sometimes I read threads on here and wonder "how do you remember to breathe every few seconds?".
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You didn't need that apostrophe after OP in the title. The OP does not own anything, nor is it a contraction. It's just plural.

You're welcome. :flowerforyou:

I'm glad you feel so poor about yourself that the only way you can feel better is to correct my improper grammar. Who really cares that I misplaced an apostrophe, last time I checked it's not that deep.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    So, OP, what did we learn today?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get angry with the level of disrespect floating around on these message boards. I see posts and people go about making snide and rude remarks about the original poster and I thinks its very immature. There is always a way to have an opinion and not be rude or "throw shade" on the person who started the thread. Internet bullying is real, and all those insecure people who want to attack OP's need to seriously be checked on their dirty behavior. Please be respectful to everyone, even if you disagree with them. Period. If you can't do that then you need help.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" ~Eleanor Roosevelt.

While I'm a big fan of generally being a nice person, I'm a big fan of personal accountability, too. I've had my a*s handed to me on here - and I deserved it at the time. I have no problem doing the a*s handing when I feel it's needed. Generally, when threads get ugly it's because the OP gets offended and starts lashing out (in random and weird ways) and then things generally fall apart.

Mean comments are not internet bullying, by the way.

Also, if I'm not respectful to someone, it's generally because they've not earned it or have proven they don't deserve it. That doesn't mean I "need help" - it means they are experiencing a natural consequence to their actions.

No stranger "deserves" any type of respect, but if you have any decency or class as a human you would treat others like you want to be treated... to disrespect another just because you don't know them is the same philosophy of why people get attacked in real randomly. maybe its a far stretch but........ you can't just treat someone any type of way because they don't mean **** to you or are a stranger. WWJD.

Out of curiosity, where does creating posts to complain about other people on another message board fall on the whole decency/class/treating others how you want to be treated scale? I'm pretty sure Jesus wasn't down with the whole talking about people behind their backs thing.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I think this was helped along by a thread the OP started about a recipe and parents... noone was rude to her by my perception but several people suggested she was judging some parents with limited information- i.e. without the whole picture *shrug*
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Except, y'know, sometimes the OP's are WRONG (i.e. need correction). In that case it's good to correct the error and it can HELP them by giving them information. We have freedom of speech. We don't have to shut up if we disagree. Or the OP may be trolling. And yeah, it's immature to be a jerk. But it's also immature to troll. Goes both ways.

And those threads can be fun to read. ;)

Lol it is fun to read.......... all fun and games until your own thread gets attacked...... and then its just like.......... hey hey I'm a nice person don't attack me rawr! meh! hehe

Oddly enough this never happens in my threads.

Wonder why that is

Probably because youre way cooler than me :/ They always want to pick on the little guy.

I was going to say because I generally don't say silly things and don't Percival people who disagree with me as picking on me.
  • JassiBear
    Options
    35369-Haters.jpg

Only difference is that on MFP and the internet in general is that he or she who is doing the hating doesn't shut the f up.......because they have the comfort of hiding behind their keyboards. Who is insecure now?!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    unfortunately we also live in an age where people assume that someoe disgareeing with them is the same thing as an attack or a "judgement".
    i blame the public school system. kids dont learn critical thinking skills as much so then when they are released out into the wild they dont know how to deal with a diference in opinion. it's either that or people are way more self-centered and so are unable to even comprehend that there might be another opion out there, about the same topic that differs from their own
  • wheird
    Options
    Hating requires an underlying feeling of jealousy. I'm not really seeing or reading anything to be jealous of.

So...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    LOLwut?

:huh:
  • wheird
    Options
    Except, y'know, sometimes the OP's are WRONG (i.e. need correction). In that case it's good to correct the error and it can HELP them by giving them information. We have freedom of speech. We don't have to shut up if we disagree. Or the OP may be trolling. And yeah, it's immature to be a jerk. But it's also immature to troll. Goes both ways.

Lol it is fun to read.......... all fun and games until your own thread gets attacked...... and then its just like.......... hey hey I'm a nice person don't attack me rawr! meh! hehe

Wonder why that is

Probably because youre way cooler than me :/ They always want to pick on the little guy.

I was going to say because I generally don't say silly things and don't Percival people who disagree with me as picking on me.

Lies. You Percival the hell out of people.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    35369-Haters.jpg

Only difference is that on MFP and the internet in general is that he or she who is doing the hating doesn't shut the f up.......because they have the comfort of hiding behind their keyboards. Who is insecure now?!

wat
  • missiontofitness
    Options

Wonder why that is

Wait, what?
    Isn't that a Knight of the Round Table?
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    because I internet.

tumblr_n75yqpXohB1tq4k24o1_500.jpg
  • JassiBear
    Options
    Hating requires an underlying feeling of jealousy. I'm not really seeing or reading anything to be jealous of.

So...

I want to take this as a perfect example of someone disagreeing with me but doing so in a RESPECTFUL manner. He disagrees but he doesn't have to belittle me, the OP in the process. Kudos. SOMEONE is an adult here
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    You didn't need that apostrophe after OP in the title. The OP does not own anything, nor is it a contraction. It's just plural.

I'm glad you feel so poor about yourself that the only way you can feel better is to correct my improper grammar. Who really cares that I misplaced an apostrophe, last time I checked it's not that deep.

Here's the problem. You're getting mad at other people for being rude. I get that, but you're also being very rude yourself. You're doing the exact thing you don't want other people to do....while hiding behind the "comfort of your keyboard". Seems a tad hypocritical if you ask me.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    35369-Haters.jpg

Dude. Irony.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

Wonder why that is

Wait, what?
    Isn't that a Knight of the Round Table?

tumblr_n2l6v0UMyh1ttn3lzo1_500.gif
  • missiontofitness
    Options

So...

I want to take this as a perfect example of someone disagreeing with me but doing so in a RESPECTFUL manner. He disagrees but he doesn't have to belittle me, the OP in the process. Kudos. SOMEONE is an adult here

adult.gif
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options

LOVE The grammar and spelling nazi's! Its like thank you for having nothing more important in your life that you can spend your time upon thy pedestal to correct my spelling and grammar! Cancer must be cured! < this is where I insert the eyeroll > It is by far the cheapest shot one can take to try to look superior and thus far much more pathetic
This discussion has been closed.