:ohwell: Well, I can't say I didn't see this coming. :ohwell:
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    <---- This is my opinion on these "meanies of MFP" threads
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Hating requires an underlying feeling of jealousy. I'm not really seeing or reading anything to be jealous of.

So...

I want to take this as a perfect example of someone disagreeing with me but doing so in a RESPECTFUL manner. He disagrees but he doesn't have to belittle me, the OP in the process. Kudos. SOMEONE is an adult here

Um...they implied that there is nothing you provide being worth jealousy: ie you posess nothing or provide nothing of value. That is pretry much the definition of belittlement.

I wouldn't recommend holding up that particular post as an example of disagreement without insult.

Shhhhh...god!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    Except, y'know, sometimes the OP's are WRONG (i.e. need correction). In that case it's good to correct the error and it can HELP them by giving them information. We have freedom of speech. We don't have to shut up if we disagree. Or the OP may be trolling. And yeah, it's immature to be a jerk. But it's also immature to troll. Goes both ways.

And those threads can be fun to read. ;)

Lol it is fun to read.......... all fun and games until your own thread gets attacked...... and then its just like.......... hey hey I'm a nice person don't attack me rawr! meh! hehe

Oddly enough this never happens in my threads.

Wonder why that is

Probably because youre way cooler than me :/ They always want to pick on the little guy.

I was going to say because I generally don't say silly things and don't Percival people who disagree with me as picking on me.

Lies. You Percival the hell out of people.

Wait, what?
    Isn't that a Knight of the Round Table?

wjhqie.jpg
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hating requires an underlying feeling of jealousy. I'm not really seeing or reading anything to be jealous of.

So...

I want to take this as a perfect example of someone disagreeing with me but doing so in a RESPECTFUL manner. He disagrees but he doesn't have to belittle me, the OP in the process. Kudos. SOMEONE is an adult here

Um...they implied that there is nothing you provide being worth jealousy: ie you posess nothing or provide nothing of value. That is pretry much the definition of belittlement.

I wouldn't recommend holding up that particular post as an example of disagreement without insult.

HATER!
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options

So...

... and you had to ruin it for everyone.

It's the way that the post was written I suppose, it was written without having to call names, take cheap shots, or just be evil. If its his opinion that I have nothing to be jealous of, then he has a right to that opinion. I'm talking more so about bullying in a different sense I guess. Grr it's hard to communicate this late at night. I'm sleepy!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Except, y'know, sometimes the OP's are WRONG (i.e. need correction). In that case it's good to correct the error and it can HELP them by giving them information. We have freedom of speech. We don't have to shut up if we disagree. Or the OP may be trolling. And yeah, it's immature to be a jerk. But it's also immature to troll. Goes both ways.

Lol it is fun to read.......... all fun and games until your own thread gets attacked...... and then its just like.......... hey hey I'm a nice person don't attack me rawr! meh! hehe

Wonder why that is

Probably because youre way cooler than me :/ They always want to pick on the little guy.

I was going to say because I generally don't say silly things and don't Percival people who disagree with me as picking on me.

Wait, what?

DYEHarryPotter?

Percy 'Percival' Weasley?

C'mon kids keep up

ROUND TABLE CAME FIRST.
    (OP only said to be nice to OPs. I'LL TALK IN ALL CAPS TO YOU.)
  • emsainz15
    emsainz15 Posts: 3
    Options
    THe issue is the moderators. They don't do crap about this. They don't deal with the forum idiots. They are basied, and i hesitate to say racist.

I am sexy.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between a mature different opinion and just plain rudeness. I've read comments that outright makes fun of the OP; nothing to do with fitness either. For whatever reason, people just put others down. IMO, there's no reason to make snide remarks and it's even worse when there's multiple people joining in. To be frank, it's downright verbal bullying on the internet.

ETA: To everyone reading this, your words and actions DO matter. It's not just about you and your thoughts/feelings. Those people behind the screens are real and they have real emotions too, real feelings too. What if that person has suicidal tendencies?? And what if those hurtful words adds up over time until a breaking point? Ugh, I get so touchy over this topic. I just wish people have more empathy out there...
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get angry with the level of disrespect floating around on these message boards. I see posts and people go about making snide and rude remarks about the original poster and I thinks its very immature. There is always a way to have an opinion and not be rude or "throw shade" on the person who started the thread. Internet bullying is real, and all those insecure people who want to attack OP's need to seriously be checked on their dirty behavior. Please be respectful to everyone, even if you disagree with them. Period. If you can't do that then you need help.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" ~Eleanor Roosevelt.

While I'm a big fan of generally being a nice person, I'm a big fan of personal accountability, too. I've had my a*s handed to me on here - and I deserved it at the time. I have no problem doing the a*s handing when I feel it's needed. Generally, when threads get ugly it's because the OP gets offended and starts lashing out (in random and weird ways) and then things generally fall apart.

Mean comments are not internet bullying, by the way.

Also, if I'm not respectful to someone, it's generally because they've not earned it or have proven they don't deserve it. That doesn't mean I "need help" - it means they are experiencing a natural consequence to their actions.

No stranger "deserves" any type of respect, but if you have any decency or class as a human you would treat others like you want to be treated... to disrespect another just because you don't know them is the same philosophy of why people get attacked in real randomly. maybe its a far stretch but........ you can't just treat someone any type of way because they don't mean **** to you or are a stranger. WWJD.

Out of curiosity, where does creating posts to complain about other people on another message board fall on the whole decency/class/treating others how you want to be treated scale? I'm pretty sure Jesus wasn't down with the whole talking about people behind their backs thing.

I'm pretty sure that I can't talk behind your back quote on quote when I'm posting on a public message board, well at least public to the MFP community. Jesus didn't even have these problems, there was no social media back then lmao.

:noway: Oh, for crying out loud….
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Ya know, there's one thing I've learned in life. You can only control your own thoughts/actions/reactions. There's something to be said about that.

3c3a1ab9a2f2da420d2101b91f9e49c7.jpg
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

So...

It's the way that the post was written I suppose, it was written without having to call names, take cheap shots, or just be evil. If its his opinion that I have nothing to be jealous of, then he has a right to that opinion. I'm talking more so about bullying in a different sense I guess. Grr it's hard to communicate this late at night. I'm sleepy!

Thank you for defending my post, OP. :flowerforyou:
  • GenZombie
    GenZombie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Wonder why that is

Wait, what?

DYEHarryPotter?

C'mon kids keep up

ROUND TABLE CAME FIRST.

No one curr about the round table or Arthurian Legend.

Besides, I heard Arthur was really a chick. BlahnlahSaberyadayada
  • GenZombie
    GenZombie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Wonder why that is

Wait, what?

DYEHarryPotter?

C'mon kids keep up

ROUND TABLE CAME FIRST.

No one curr about the round table or Arthurian Legend.

Besides, I heard Arthur was really a chick. BlahnlahSaberyadayada

Women can't be Kings.

THEORY DEBUNKED
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options

So...

Its a good thing you're pretty OP. :flowerforyou:
  • JassiBear
    Options
    Ya'll are welcome for the late night amusement. Ohhhh the controversy! But I honestly do feel this way, didn't know the topic would be on bump so much.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

So...

Thank you for defending my post, OP. :flowerforyou:

Wow...yeah okay then. I suppose i also can't even. Think I'm just going to stand over here and watch this play out then.
  • JassiBear
    Options

So...

Its a good thing you're pretty OP. :flowerforyou:

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.