Milk Vs. Water

Options

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    No where in your overly long and uncited copy and paste does it say that water is water in fact
    Guest says, you should listen to those cues and get yourself a drink of water, juice, milk, coffee -- anything but alcohol.

Would seem to support mine and browsers argument. Not your own :bigsmile:

Don't you hate it when you google something, don't read it, paste it to a forum to "support" your argument but then it backfires egregiously and makes you look... misinformed?

4f01db2f-2555-4835-a93b-64d87057ca28_zps9e48041d.jpg

What you did there, I see it.

:laugh:

I'm sure she is googling pointlessly to try and find something that proves her right.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    No where in your overly long and uncited copy and paste does it say that water is water in fact
    Guest says, you should listen to those cues and get yourself a drink of water, juice, milk, coffee -- anything but alcohol.

Don't you hate it when you google something, don't read it, paste it to a forum to "support" your argument but then it backfires egregiously and makes you look... misinformed?

Bahahaha

Best fail of the day!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Damn. Only page 2 and all there is nothing left to say. Even the Mayo Clinic link has been posted (I do like the McMaster one too)….you guys are good.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

What you did there, I see it.

:laugh:

I'm sure she is googling pointlessly to try and find something that proves her right.

I think this is good. Since she's not back yet, it means she's actually reading which means she might actually gain some knowledge.

c37129e1-84bd-4e95-b70c-af149032a861_zpsfc9cbbd1.gif
  • FeistyGirl007
    FeistyGirl007 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All I know is, looking back on my life, when I stopped drinking milk, my health began to deteriorate... Yes, I never drank water growing up, only drank tons of whole milk...Stopped in my 20's... I was always known for my really, thick, very strong, shiny, long, curly hair and my amazingly, long beautiful and strong, indestructable, nails. Milk was the ONLY thing that I had changed, because I thought it wasn't cool or adult enough, to drink anymore. Stupid. ( My hair and nails are NOTHING now, compared to what they used to be. I used up all of my "reserves"...lol... ) Milk was the only variable. The milk back then, didn't have all the hormones in it either, so it was maybe healthier. I know it is more expensive, but maybe, you can supplement with organic milk once in a while, too, with your regular milk drinking... to keep it even healthier. ) : ) I vote yes to milk! :drinker: p.s. Yes, I was super healthy, too. Never got sick... :happy:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Damn. Only page 2 and all there is nothing left to say. Even the Mayo Clinic link has been posted (I do like the McMaster one too)….you guys are good.

You like that one? I've been holding on to it for just such an occasion.

I keep it in the folder marked "LOLCOWBABBY'

True story.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Personally try to avoid milk as often as I can. It's unnatural for us to drink the milk of another animal, but as long as you aren't lactose intolerant it really shouldn't be a problem. Moderation is key. I drink almond milk. Skim milk only on cheat days. There are many other "wheys" to get your protein (see what I did there).

Sweetened strained nut water is soooo much more natural to consume than cow's milk, right?

:huh:

Also, skim milk is gross. Go whole or go home.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I would say yes add it if you feel like it but don't neglect water or replace water with milk. WATER IS WATER and your body needs water.

Your body gets water through anything that contains... wait for it... water. You could eat nothing but hydrating foods, never drink a drop of water and be absolutely healthy.

Your body does not differentiate between the water from a piece of fruit, a soda, a glass of milk or a glass of water. It still has the chemical make up of H2O and the body still processes it and uses it in the same manner.

Drink water if you're not getting enough hydration through other methods, don't drink water just because you can see through it.

You have been misinformed.

LOL :laugh:

So how long after drinking water do I need to wait before eating food (since combining water with food apparently makes it lose it's watery abilities)? How long do I need to wait after eating food before drinking water for the same reason?

Seriously...think these all the way through before you dismiss my questions as irrelevant.
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    forget the hippies, you're gaining. Drink 2% milk all the time.
  • da_bears1008
    da_bears1008 Posts: 354
    Options
    Personally try to avoid milk as often as I can. It's unnatural for us to drink the milk of another animal, but as long as you aren't lactose intolerant it really shouldn't be a problem. Moderation is key. I drink almond milk. Skim milk only on cheat days. There are many other "wheys" to get your protein (see what I did there).

it's unnatural for you to be on the internet, but that hasn't stopped you yet.
  • NancyKhuu
    NancyKhuu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Okay anyone corrects me, I'm not claming for be a scientist or an expert of any kind. But here is my arguement on the whole milk vs. Water thing

Now from what I could imagine, there are more than one type of milk. And depending on the amount of "stuff" you add in your milk, it may make the milk to be more concentrated than your body cells (hypertonic). As a result, water from your cells could be drawn OUT in order to dilute the extra cellular environment. And you get DEhydrated.

Well. Okay. That's my hypothesis. I don't like milk but at the same time I admit that milk isn't bad for the human by any mean. And yes it is perfectly natural to eat/drink other animal's nutritional products, because we aren't cannibals. Just want to throw out a POSSIBLE explanation to his madness.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to bulk up go with the milk, to restrict a hell of alot of calories being taken in drink non fat!
  • brower47
    Options
    I would say yes add it if you feel like it but don't neglect water or replace water with milk. WATER IS WATER and your body needs water.

Your body gets water through anything that contains... wait for it... water. You could eat nothing but hydrating foods, never drink a drop of water and be absolutely healthy.

Your body does not differentiate between the water from a piece of fruit, a soda, a glass of milk or a glass of water. It still has the chemical make up of H2O and the body still processes it and uses it in the same manner.

Drink water if you're not getting enough hydration through other methods, don't drink water just because you can see through it.

You have been misinformed.

LOL :laugh:

So how long after drinking water do I need to wait before eating food (since combining water with food apparently makes it lose it's watery abilities)? How long do I need to wait after eating food before drinking water for the same reason?

Seriously...think these all the way through before you dismiss my questions as irrelevant.

I think this is a question better posed to the man that knows everything about water:

024e6e18-ce9e-48ca-88b6-f28d508e7b2a_zps394b9fc4.jpg
    Oh, he's declining to comment. He really is useless.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Better tell that to the cats and birds that steal milk from lactating seals. I am sure they would be scandalized to think that they are not being 'natural'.
  • brower47
    Options
    Okay anyone corrects me, I'm not claming for be a scientist or an expert of any kind. But here is my arguement on the whole milk vs. Water thing

Now from what I could imagine, there are more than one type of milk. And depending on the amount of "stuff" you add in your milk, it may make the milk to be more concentrated than your body cells (hypertonic). As a result, water from your cells could be drawn OUT in order to dilute the extra cellular environment. And you get DEhydrated.

Well. Okay. That's my hypothesis. I don't like milk but at the same time I admit that milk isn't bad for the human by any mean. And yes it is perfectly natural to eat/drink other animal's nutritional products, because we aren't cannibals. Just want to throw out a POSSIBLE explanation to his madness.

You should have stopped there.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

I'm loving this thread so much right now.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I disagree. Milk is meant for baby cows.

I suppose you also don't eat honey? Pretty sure bees aren't puking that out for your consumption.
    And don't forget vegetables. Plants don't grow just so that people can eat them.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

it's unnatural for you to be on the internet, but that hasn't stopped you yet.

You're back?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

What?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I disagree. Milk is meant for baby cows.

I suppose you also don't eat honey? Pretty sure bees aren't puking that out for your consumption.
    And don't forget vegetables. Plants don't grow just so that people can eat them.

CARROT JUICE IS FOR BABY CARROTS

Wait.