Milk Vs. Water

Options

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I disagree. Milk is meant for baby cows.

I suppose you also don't eat honey? Pretty sure bees aren't puking that out for your consumption.
    And don't forget vegetables. Plants don't grow just so that people can eat them.

Save the carrots. Eat a cow.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I would say yes add it if you feel like it but don't neglect water or replace water with milk. WATER IS WATER and your body needs water.

Your body gets water through anything that contains... wait for it... water. You could eat nothing but hydrating foods, never drink a drop of water and be absolutely healthy.

Your body does not differentiate between the water from a piece of fruit, a soda, a glass of milk or a glass of water. It still has the chemical make up of H2O and the body still processes it and uses it in the same manner.

Drink water if you're not getting enough hydration through other methods, don't drink water just because you can see through it.

You have been misinformed.
    Please do inform us then.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I suppose you also don't eat honey? Pretty sure bees aren't puking that out for your consumption.
    And don't forget vegetables. Plants don't grow just so that people can eat them.

My policy in a nutshell.

But not an actual nutshell.

Because nuts are gross.
  • da_bears1008
    da_bears1008 Posts: 354
    Options
    Personally try to avoid milk as often as I can. It's unnatural for us to drink the milk of another animal, but as long as you aren't lactose intolerant it really shouldn't be a problem. Moderation is key. I drink almond milk. Skim milk only on cheat days. There are many other "wheys" to get your protein (see what I did there).

it's unnatural for you to be on the internet, but that hasn't stopped you yet.

You're back?

I am!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Agreed. Carrots don't poop all over everything, have tongues that extend into their nostrils for easier cleaning and don't expel 60 second long farts.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    Water is not milk, coffee, soda, vegetables....yes it may be in those things but it does not can not replace water.
    Then how did I survive for years at a time without drinking the "water" that I supposedly cannot live without? Am I a wizard?
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Considering that I've been drinking milk multiple times a day for more than two decades (as long as I can remember I have drank multiple glasses a day, milk is a very popular daily beverage in rural South Africa), if it dehydrated you or did not adequately hydrate you, I would be dead by now, as there have been periods of time where I drank nothing but milk for hydration for months on end.

Milk is fantastic, there's obviously the protein, and then it also has a decent amount of carbs in it, which is absolutely necessary for a good bulk, along with a relatively decent amount of calories depending on what kind you get (I always drink 2%).

Even on a cut milk works pretty well, as it's fairly filling.
    Milk is just a very easy "shortcut" bodybuilding food, although I don't like calling it that because to me it's always been a staple. I also don't get how anyone can ever drink a protein shake without milk, drinking whey with water is like putting water in your cereal, it's gross, and as this thread would call it, unnatural.

EDIT: I say this as someone who has been a gymnast for close to ten years now, I've absolutely needed to be tiny but also subsist on a diet that would give me adequate energy and in certain cases, muscle building potential, milk has always been on of the easiest ways to make it work. In highschool I weighed a lean 135 pounds and was shredded as hell. I still drank several glasses a day.
  • jason_adams
    jason_adams Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Personally try to avoid milk as often as I can. It's unnatural for us to drink the milk of another animal, but as long as you aren't lactose intolerant it really shouldn't be a problem. Moderation is key. I drink almond milk. Skim milk only on cheat days. There are many other "wheys" to get your protein (see what I did there).

Good point. I will now start substituting cows blood for cows milk.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    so if one was marooned on an island with no fresh water source, no way to distill water from the sea, and an unlimited supply of beer they would die of dehydration by drinking the beer?
    No, because they would be able to use the empties to build a makeshift raft and float back to the mainland.
  • da_bears1008
    da_bears1008 Posts: 354
    Options
    Water is not milk, coffee, soda, vegetables....yes it may be in those things but it does not can not replace water.
    Then how did I survive for years at a time without drinking the "water" that I supposedly cannot live without? Am I a wizard?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-Vp_tGQ54DC3nSc0dz6bfk4Ohy8QpdaDynDdLDE_SF4Q5eBJtTA
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    so if one was marooned on an island with no fresh water source, no way to distill water from the sea, and an unlimited supply of beer they would die of dehydration by drinking the beer?

I volunteer to test this immediately.
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    All I know is, looking back on my life, when I stopped drinking milk, my health began to deteriorate... Yes, I never drank water growing up, only drank tons of whole milk...Stopped in my 20's... I was always known for my really, thick, very strong, shiny, long, curly hair and my amazingly, long beautiful and strong, indestructable, nails. Milk was the ONLY thing that I had changed, because I thought it wasn't cool or adult enough, to drink anymore. Stupid. ( My hair and nails are NOTHING now, compared to what they used to be. I used up all of my "reserves"...lol... ) Milk was the only variable. The milk back then, didn't have all the hormones in it either, so it was maybe healthier. I know it is more expensive, but maybe, you can supplement with organic milk once in a while, too, with your regular milk drinking... to keep it even healthier. ) : ) I vote yes to milk! :drinker: p.s. Yes, I was super healthy, too. Never got sick... :happy:
    OH!!! I stopped drinking as much milk as I used to when I started on this health journey. My nails are HORRIBLE!!! This makes sense! I never had issues before. Hmmmm....Think I'll add some milk back to my diet. But in moderation of course. It does spike my blood sugars a bit. :) Thanks for the revelation.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Wait wait wait.

Skim milk...on cheat days?

Worst cheat days ever?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    Okay anyone corrects me, I'm not claming for be a scientist or an expert of any kind. But here is my arguement on the whole milk vs. Water thing

Now from what I could imagine, there are more than one type of milk. And depending on the amount of "stuff" you add in your milk, it may make the milk to be more concentrated than your body cells (hypertonic). As a result, water from your cells could be drawn OUT in order to dilute the extra cellular environment. And you get DEhydrated.

Well. Okay. That's my hypothesis. I don't like milk but at the same time I admit that milk isn't bad for the human by any mean. And yes it is perfectly natural to eat/drink other animal's nutritional products, because we aren't cannibals. Just want to throw out a POSSIBLE explanation to his madness.
    And the babies eat/drink nothing but milk, how do you explain their existence?
  • TheLostMermaid
    Options
    I never really thought that I would have to defend water intake.

But clearly I'm stupid and don't know how to read so I'll just exit now.

Have a fantastic day :)
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options

LOL!!!! OH MY WORD!!!! LOL!!!! :laugh:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

You said it, not us! :flowerforyou:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i get a two-fer in this one! ok - stick with me:

childhood obesity for political gains - religious eating - free space - other liquids vs water - milk for baby cows

BINGO!!!!!!!!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Too bad you never actually defended anything.

The rest was said by you.

You have a fantabulous day was well. Go knowledge!