124»

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    He's just not that into you.

Seriously, demand your money.
    Stop texting dude. Find better friends.

So much this. Don't cross oceans for someone who won't jump puddles for you. Get your money back asap, and move on.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    It would help if we could see your food diary.

:laugh: I think I love you!
  • greeneyes972
    Options
    “Givers have to set limits because takers rarely do." You seem like a really sweet, giving girl... and he sounds like a very selfish guy who is taking advantage of your sweetness. Relationships, both platonic and romantic, need to be give and take. With your guy friend, you are doing all the giving, and he is doing all the taking. Don't let yourself be used, whether it's your time, money, attention, whatever.
  • akh1981
    akh1981 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    He's just not that into you.

Seriously, demand your money.
    Stop texting dude. Find better friends.

+1
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but I advocate dropping him out of your life. I don't treat people whom I like in that fashion.

She might want to get her 1,500 dollars back before she totally drops him.
    These two things. Get the money back, if possible, and drop the guy. The time, angst, and energy you're pouring into this black hole could be spent on more fulfilling "friendships" with people who act like your friends.

I put "friendships" in quotes because from the context of your OP, it seems pretty clear to me that you're looking for more than a "friendly" relationship -- and he's sending the message loud and clear that he's not into that. I suspect that it's getting in the way of your "friendship" with this guy in the first place, but also that the friendship he would accept is not what would satisfy you.
  • nitole111
    nitole111 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I told him that I was tired of giving so much in our friendship and getting nothing in return. I told him that until (or if) he decides he wants to actually be friendly to me, too, I didn't want to talk to him.

Thanks for your advice. Hopefully I can work on being used by everyone instead of being a pushover.