How do you take your coffee?

Options

Replies

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day...

If only powdered creamer is available, I drink it black.

If almond milk or any other kind of milk is available, I eyeball 1/4 - 1/2 a cup of milk in my mug of coffee (it's a lot but I like it lol, plus I drink large mugs - like 16 oz ones) So I'm getting anywhere from 15-60 calories, depending on the kind of milk

I usually add a bit of stevia but if it's not available I'm fine without really sweet coffee

I also enjoy flavored creamers even though they have sugar, they're good and most are 35-40 calories per tbsp. Not bad when they come in yummy flavors. Other times I'll pour myself a cup of coffee and just mix a packet of sugar free hot cocoa into it, it's good :)
  • rachelmiel
    rachelmiel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. i had to ditch the sugar to lose weight, and even the stevia in the raw i was using is blended with dextrose so i kicked that out too. ive found if i make it iced, it seems to taste even sweeter:)
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Used to need some 1% milk in my coffee (I hate cream in it), but I have been drinking it black for the last couple of months and have learned to enjoy it. I never have liked sweet coffee or tea though.
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Every day, 1 tall with whole milk, no sugar. Awesome
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    With two packets of Splenda and 1 cup of carbmaster vanilla milk.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    As a latte - 4oz espresso, 16oz skim milk, steamed together (makes it creamier). No sweetener.
    17g protein, 950mg potassium & half my calcium for the day.

If I want a mocha I blend in a little chocolate protein powder too.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    My first cup of the day has to have milk...can be skim, low fat, or whole...but never half & half or cream, or any kind of non-dairy creamer, which all taste greasy to me. No sugar or other sweetener.

After that I'll usually drink it black.
  • Phanntom
    Phanntom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Two mugs every morning w/ 1 or 2 Individual Coffee Mate tubs and one packet of Raw Sugar.
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I was making pots of coffee and liberally adding whipping cream.

I've switched to drinking espresso (black, no sugar) during the week and only making a pot of coffee on the weekends.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    With 2 Tbsp. of International Delight (I like almond joy and sweet cream flavors) in 2-2.5 cups. ID does not list high fructose syrup, as does Coffeemate. I eliminated the raw cane sugar about a year ago.
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Coffee Black, whiskey straight, and steaks rare. When it comes to coffee I usually have a mug in my hand and an IV in each arm. Did I mention I drink a lot of coffee?
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    black with a packet of sweet n low.

Sometimes I add skim milk, if I have extra in my measuring cup from my breakfast milk. If I am having cereal I measure 8 oz of milk, put 4 oz in cereal, split the remaining 4 oz between two cups of joe.

As a treat, I sometimes buy coffee at the gas station, and add a pump of torani syrup, and one of those coffee mate tubs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Black lately. I still like it better with cream and sugar though, just not happening anymore.
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Straight black and nothing else since I was 9.
    Hot Tea the same way now.
  • ChrisManch
    ChrisManch Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Large mug of triple strength filter coffee first thing in the morning, black (about 10 calories). Occasional espresso.

Don't do Chain coffee stores, its like drinking dishwater or hot milk and costs what I'd pay for a meal in a cafe. If I wanted a pint of hot milk in a small bowl I'd stick one in the microwave.
  • RoamingDuck
    Options
    skip the raw sugar and stick with skim milk. 2-3 oz of it is only 20-30 calories and it's got nutritional quality. You'll adapt to the new taste. It's amazing what we get used to.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Black, like my soul
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Once you go black.... you sometimes go back.

I usually take mine black, but I like it creamy and sweet every now and then. I had a shot of Baileys in my cup this morning. :drinker:
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Half and half .... it's one of my luxuries and I can still make my calorie goals
  • RosanaRosanaDana
    RosanaRosanaDana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use SO Delicious - Original Coconut Milk Creamer, only 10 calories per Tablespoon, no dairy, no fat.