How do you take your coffee?

Options

Replies

• George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    “I like my coffee hot and strong. Like I like my women: hot and strong...with a spoon in them.”
    Eddie Izzard
    w7ZeGra.gif
  • tawnywest
    tawnywest Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge coffee and tea drinker too and use skim milk which I mix myself and make it stronger than the directions so it is quite sweet and thick. I never thought I would get used to it but I prefer it now. However I was shocked to see how the calories added up. A large mug of tea or coffee can easily take 1/2 cup of milk and that is about 50 calories right there. I log in 1 cup of skim milk for every milk just so I can add it to my tea and coffee. Just make sure you log it all in as they are kind of hidden calories.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I use 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil and a very small amount of stevia. The coconut oil is about 60cals. I think it adds a sweetness (without actually being sweet) and a rich mouth-feel. If I'm in a rush...either black with a little stevia or a splash of whole milk with no sweetener.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    All ways.

I like really good coffee to be black. If it's just okay coffee, I like it with something in it. I can drink it with sugar, splenda, flavored creamers, a little milk, I don't really care.

Good espresso is best with a little lemon pith.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink it with creamer for my first couple of cups and then move to black later in the day. It really depends on my mood but the better the coffee the more likely it is that I'll drink it black.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    On the related note, did any of you coffee drinkers experience eye lid twitching? I started having it like last month after I increased to 2 cups a day...
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    the same way i like my man, strong and sweet :smooched:
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    On the related note, did any of you coffee drinkers experience eye lid twitching? I started having it like last month after I increased to 2 cups a day...

I don't get twitchy until about 7 or 8 cups in. Don't judge.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Julie Andrews ........................ Milk, no sugar ........... i.e White, Nun
  • deadducky112
    deadducky112 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I cant do coffee without some sort of flavored creamer. What I do is measure out 1 tablespoon of creamer and 2 tablespoons of low fat milk. It's the perfect combination for me. Sure, i'd love more creamer in there but it's not worth the extra calories.
  • albayin
    Options

I think the most I have ever drunk a day is 4 cups...when i first tried fasting....
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options

ps. I drink instant...I know I know...but I just love instant...I buy them from various international markets which carry brands cross the world, literally..

All the coffee snobs just died a little inside. I also love instant. I don't know what it is. It does seem sweeter even without anything in it though
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I drink an occasional cup of coffee with one level teaspoon of demerara sugar and two tablespoons of 1/2 & 1/2, and maybe a wee splash of Baileys if I have it. Gotta try the coconut milk suggestion.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

I think the most I have ever drunk a day is 4 cups...when i first tried fasting....

Consider that it may be the fasting that is making you twitchy. Low blood sugar will definitely do it.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Me too, I love coffee. I use Splenda and creamer and it adds calories, but it's also something I am going to give up on. I just make certain I stay with in the calorie goal and it works out..
  • albayin
    Options

Consider that it may be the fasting that is making you twitchy. Low blood sugar will definitely do it.

everything is possible. :)
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    2 packets of Splenda and 2 tablespoons of fat free half and half.
  • albayin
    Options

Sorry for calling this out...I am really curious how fat free "half and half" means...half of what? :)
  • btc1987
    btc1987 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    There is one way to drink coffee...black.

This ^

Sorry for calling this out...I am really curious how fat free "half and half" means...half of what? :)

It's basically skim milk with added sugar and a tiny amount of cream.