Calling All Non-Moms Again!

Options

Replies

• kksn
    kksn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN

No weight loss this week, despite exercising every day and meeting or being just under my calorie goal every day. I have hit my first plateau 2/3 of the way to my weight loss goal. It's a bit disappointing because I'm just 1 pound away from a healthy BMI and I was hoping to hit that for my personal x-mas gift... but instead, I will give myself the gift of motivation and persistence. I'm NOT going to let this get me down or ruin the success I have had this far. I just need to figure out how to kick my body out of this plateau and back into losing weight.

Any suggestions by people who have been through this before? Help! :frown:
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN

Well, I still haven't weighed, although I did ransack the house in a moment of weakness. No scale to be found. My husband is some kind of evil genius. Wonder where he put the stupid thing! Anyway, tomorrow is my weigh-in and I will report that to you, good or bad. I'm sticking with the c25k program. I just completed week 5 day 2 this morning and Christmas day will be my big 20-minute run. It's not much, but I'm happy with it. I'm sticking with Jillian too, and the workouts are getting much easier. I have decided to do less of her in January because I'm getting pretty bored with all that. Also, took my measurements, and my arms were 3/4 of an inch smaller (each). I lost 1/2 inch in my neck, 1/2 inch in each thigh, 1 inch off the chubb, and nothing in my calves or bust. That's since the beginning of October, so it's coming off slowly, but that's fine with me.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday season! We are all quieter, which I assume has much to do with Christmas. Have a great one, everybody!
  • anewpath
    anewpath Posts: 200
    Options
    Check in

So today is the first time I weighed in in 2 weeks. Yesterday I felt as though I had gain 10 pounds. Well I'm happy to report that I have lost 0.6 pounds which isn't much at all for 2 weeks but it is not a gain. I haven't been to the gym in about that long because of illness. I have a follow up with my doctor Monday for my pneumonia and hope to start back to the gym that day. As far as the other goals I had set for this month I haven't really met them. Before getting ill I was doing good with the gym but wasn't going often enough. I graduated this past Saturday with my masters so I have no reason to feel rushed at the gym because of homework. I have free time back so I can stay at the gym til 7 after work if I want to. I haven't done horrible with my eating but there is room for improvement along with increasing my water intake. I'm meeting with a trainer next week and getting a workout routine together for the month of January. I plan to hit the gym Sun to Thurs weekly. I'm not tracking food this weekend, game on Monday!!

Merry Christmas all!!!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    so...i'm totally out of the loop - i haven't been tracking anything really, and i haven't been to workout in nearlya week! i would like to say i'll get a handle on this asap, but i'm thinking it might just have to wait until all of our holiday travelling is over with - which it's not yet. but i feel confident that once my schedule isn't so crazy, i'll be right back to it. and i haven't taken more than 3 days off from the gym since i started it up on august 25, so i'm kind of hoping that a whole week of rest might have some benefits to reap. but i definitely need to be drinking more water, which is much harder for me to do when i'm not working out. i'm not eating total crap, but i'm not eating well either. and i think i'm just going to put the scale to bed until after new year's...maybe bump my goals up a week or two. cheating? maybe. realistic? yes.

hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday time! best of luck to everyone!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    Goal Check In

I did it! I met my goal weight (still working on that weekend water intake). Down another 3 lbs - 163 lbs :love:

Have a Blessed Yule (winter solstice today). I know I will!!
    t8011.gif

congrats to you! way to go!
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Wish me luck, I'm heading out to spend the holidays with friends and they aren't healthy eaters. It's going to be hard not to fall back into bad habits.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas! I fell off the wagon last night...but I knew I would...I missed supper and had a house full of people and snacks so I overindulged. I even drank 4 glasses of water, but then had pop:( so I'm eating healthy today so far! Lots of water, no chocolate lol. I'm hoping that supper will be cooked when i get home, or else i KNOW they're going to order pizza...I'm just trying to keep it together, get through the holidays and then work my butt off!...Good luck nom noms, and enjoy your holiday more than calorie counting!
  • ickybella
    Options
    Merry Christmas! I fell off the wagon last night...but I knew I would...I missed supper and had a house full of people and snacks so I overindulged. I even drank 4 glasses of water, but then had pop:( so I'm eating healthy today so far! Lots of water, no chocolate lol. I'm hoping that supper will be cooked when i get home, or else i KNOW they're going to order pizza...I'm just trying to keep it together, get through the holidays and then work my butt off!...Good luck nom noms, and enjoy your holiday more than calorie counting!

I think it's inevitable this time of year. Enjoy it while it lasts, because then you'll be so grateful when you're finally able to get back to "normal" eating habits! I do plan on enjoying Christmas, and even though I've devised a survival plan, I know I'll somehow end up going over calories, having a few too many glasses of wine, or too many nibbles of this and that, but oh well. It's only once a year. This is coming from someone who all but refuses to go over her calories, so if little old neurotic me can have a good time, so can anyone, lol. Merry Christmas back at ya, and Merry Christmas to the nom noms or the non-moms, whichever you prefer!

Good luck, WA teacher, and it's all right, Chanstriste13, it's bound to happen. Enjoy it and you will enjoy getting back to real life even more! Besides, you're a tough woman, I have no doubt you'll get right back to it!
  • ickybella
    Options
    Ok, CHECK IN #2 (sorry, next time I'll just do it all on weigh-in day)

I have finally weighed in and am down 3 more pounds, which puts me at 159! I was so excited to see the 150s and watch my Wii Mii jump for joy because she thinks she's at a healthy weight. I'm not really, two pounds til that. I just have the Wii set to 5'7" and I'm really 5'6.5" but anyway that's all the excitement I need for Christmas! Am rewarding myself with a workout-free day, even though I had a break on Sunday, I think. I'm taking a break today because I plan on burning 1000 calories tomorrow and it ain't easy, lol. I figure I'll need to be very well rested to even consider all that working out. I will see everyone in a few days. Have a great time, and, remember, it's only Christmas, and thank goodness it only happens once a year.
  • nolafitchick
    nolafitchick Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have finally weighed in and am down 3 more pounds, which puts me at 159!

Congrats!! Way to go!!!
  • ickybella
    Options
    Well, ladies, I had an awful Christmas! I'm talking in every sense of it. I don't want to go into detail, but it was the worst Christmas I've ever had and I've been walking around here like a zombie for two days, not sure if my marriage was going to survive this! And yeah, we've only been married a few months. What a week. Anyway, we are fine now, and at least that part of my life has gone back to normal. Can't say much about the rest of it, and I still feel a little dazed, but I'm working on it. Got new running shoes for Christmas, been continuing with c25k as well, and plan on starting marathon training as soon as it is over, skipping all the middlemen and just going balls-out, if you can excuse the expression. I also got p90x yesterday as a late present and I am excited, though with half marathon training, I'll only be able to do it 2-3 days a week. Still, it should help me with my strength. Not quite sure if I'll ever be able to do any number of push-ups because I have some very loose ligaments in my elbows and it is a real struggle. I am always worried I'll pop something out of place if I lock them in that position, and my husband watched me doing some push-ups last night and said he wouldn't do them at all if he had to deal with that. Anyway, I'm rambling.

Thought I'd share a really easy recipe I found with all of you. It's just for the main dish. Goes well with a salad and some steamed veggies. 2 chicken breast halves, 2 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, 1 lemon. Mix the oil and vinegar and pour or brush over the chicken. Make sure all the chicken is coated. I used a pastry brush. Put it in the fridge for a half hour. When it's almost time to take it out, heat a non-stick pan on medium. Add chicken and cook about 10 minutes on first side. While that's cooking, steam some veggies, cut up some lettuce and salad stuff, and slice the lemon. Flip the chicken, add lemon slices to pan, cook 7-ish more minutes. I'm sure some of you have had this before, but I hadn't. Silly that I've never tried it, because I always have those ingredients. Anyway, it's really easy and really yummy. My husband kept trying to steal my chicken. Got the recipe from goodtoknow.co.uk. Also, mine turned a little black on the outside, but that was from the vinegar and the darker parts tasted really good.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and that, no matter how off track we went, we got back. I had a serious emotional binge AFTER Christmas dinner and, though the scale is hidden and I don't know what kind of damage it did, I am back on track. I even ate fruit cake and I don't even like that crap. Merry get-back-to-it, ladies! How did we do, and what presents did we get?
  • ickybella
    Options
    I have finally weighed in and am down 3 more pounds, which puts me at 159!

Congrats!! Way to go!!!

Thank you!
  • anewpath
    anewpath Posts: 200
    Options
    Good morning all! So I went back to the doctor yesterday and was given an inhaler for two weeks. I'm still winded so gonna give the inhaler a few days to work its magic. I plan to start back to the gym Sunday as my gym days will be Sunday through Thursday. I hope everyone is having a good week so far.

Hang in there!!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Sorry your Christmas was terrible, ickybella. Mine was pretty stressful, too, though it was good to see a lot of family. That recipe looks great. I'll have to try that out next week.

Still officially a non-mom, so I'll have to get back on the exercise bandwagon starting tonight. I'm so achey from missing my workouts for two weeks. I'm looking forward to getting back to a regular schedule... and debating on what new DVDs to buy with Amazon gift cards. :laugh:
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    No. Huh? Wait! There was another week in there somewhere, right?

Riiiight.

HELLO TO ALL NON-MOMS! Yeah, sorry about the falling-off-face-of-earth thing, but here we all are now, nearing the end of another year. The holidays were good to me, and I'm glad I've been able to stick to my exercising. That has helped immensely with the treat-eating remorse.

The hubby and I have been working on strategies to reduce our eating, and one of those is eating off of a smaller plate. Actually, we gave up eating on dinner plates years ago, but that's mostly because I'm one of those people who doesn't like (certain) foods to touch. Most things go into individual containers, like (juicy) fruit goes into a bowl that we share, while the chicken breast goes on a small separate plate, etc. Anyhow, so for Christmas dinner (which was on Sunday for us for a variety of reasons) we made steak and spanikopita and steamed snow peas and a sweet potato/apple/cranberry/walnut/maple fruity casserole bake (which I clearly haven't named yet).

We've been using the Waechtersbach Christmas Tree plates over the holiday season, and those salad plates are very small! I suspect this is due to the fact that those dishes are made in Germany and not the US. So I plunked my steak onto my salad plate, determined to EAT IT ALL BECAUSE IT'S CHRISTMAS, DARNIT but then I couldn't fit anything else onto the plate (without touching, of course). So half of my steak got put in the fridge for later, and I ate a much more reasonable amount of food for dinner. The sweet potato casserole thing was deemed impossible to fit onto the plates, though, so we had that for dessert. I skipped the Cool Whip - not because of any sense of calorie reduction but just because I don't really care for it anyway. :)

Anyhow, so here's what I have for check-ins for the month so far. Some things may have gotten misfiled, so to speak, because of skipping a week. That's what I get for slacking off.

We're in the home stretch, and everyone is doing really well! (Barring sudden personal issues, illness, what have you.) Let's all make sure to be proud of our achievements, not dwell too much on shortcomings, and give ourselves and each other pats on the back.

nom-nom_Dec2010_goals.gif
  • kksn
    kksn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN

Lost 1.4 pounds since last week - I am officially at a healthy BMI again at 154.6!!! :) I made some adjustments to my exercise routine, and added back in some calories to my eating because I was showing signs of a plateau last week... I'm super glad it worked and I made my December goal with just two days to go!

I hope all of you are seeing success with your goals too. Happy Holidays!
  • epa422
    Options
    CHECK IN

I gained back the weight I lost last week (131.6). :laugh: I'm maintaining around my low weight... so any change in hydration and it just makes the scale change. I haven't measured yet today, but last week, I'd lost nearly a quarter of an inch from just about everywhere, so I'm definitely getting more toned.
  • ickybella
    Options
    Good job, kksn! Roo, that happens. I really don't want to know what kind of damage that binge did to me, but I guess we'll find out on Friday. I am waiting til then to check in, since that's my weigh-in day.

I did P90X yesterday and my hips are bruised from it today. :grumble: Stupid floor work really hurt me! Now that I've got hip bones again, everything I bump into hurts me even more. Gonna have to toughen up, or at least get some muscle there. Sheesh. Loving that list, as usual. It's fun to see all our progress.
  • epa422
    Options
    This is why P90x scares me. Well that and I tried to do one of the workouts once and nearly died during the warm-up. :laugh:

I managed to do my short pilates routine yesterday and couldn't believe how sore I was when I woke up. Too long of a break, I'm afraid!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    hey everyone! hope your holidays were lovely! ickybella, sorry yours was subpar - i hope its all water under the bridge by now.

i haven't worked out since last last friday, and i was really scared i would not be able to do my c25k like i was. but i went out today to a park track, in the cold, with a bit of leftover ice and snow on the track (we had a white christmas!), and was so happy to see that i could still do my routine! and my heart rate monitor worked very well too!

my biggest temptations while visiting family was my mom's chex mix (it's sooooooo good! and so bad for you!) and soda. i drank cans and cans of soda while visiting family - that and sweet tea. and my grandmother's sweet tea probably has enough sugar in it to make 5 pound cakes! but it's gooood. so, it felt really good to be craving water again after my workout!

congrats to everyone that lost weight! more power to you! i've gained some - not enough to put me out of ONEderland, but all the same, i'm anxious to make it go away again! but it will happen. i've got my trusty sidekick hrm now, and it makes me want to go workout just so i can see the numbers on it! lame, but true.

anyhoo, hope everyone has a wonderful day, and it's good to be back!