Calling All Non-Moms Again!

Options
We had a really strong start, but the blog has dwindled down to 4 users, including myself. I'm thinking we should try to just keep this thread going and post our successes and ideas and challenges and all here - maybe it will be easier since it will automatically file to your 'my topics' link. And thanks to ickybella for politely asking, 'where the hell did non-moms go?'

So now, let's recommit. We'll just use this as a general forum for all of us ladies eating for one! What say you?

Today was my weigh in, and I'm down by 1.4 pounds, so YAY! Only 2.5 more pounds to reach my Thanksgiving Goal - ONEderland! I hope I can make it - I have 2 more weigh-ins to get there, so here's to calorie counting and working my *kitten* off and hanging out at MFP!

Non-Moms! The bandwagon is here! Jump on! CHAAAARGE!!!

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    down my first 1.4 lbs today as well!
  • laurenbausch
    Options
    I'm down 1.6 pounds!!! And I'm a non-mom!!!!
  • Amanda141982
    Options
    What led y'all to start a topic about non-moms? I'm 28 and married but not a mother... sometimes my husband has to work late so I often cook for just myself... well, actually, I'll heat up stuff when it's just me. Or go out to eat. I hate cooking a nice meal just for myself! There's no one to help with the dishes :)
  • thebamboophoenix
    thebamboophoenix Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ooooh, can I jump on?
  • jillbedford
    Options
    You can do it! Pretend you are already there. There is no weird mental games we girls play in our head when it comes to being under 200lbs. Not sure why. Like we don't deserve it or something.
    I am here on the side cheering you on. Looking good! You got this! Bring it! Make it happen!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I am a non-mom, I am down 1.2 lbs!!!!
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm down 2.5 and I'm a non-mom!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    What led y'all to start a topic about non-moms?

we started this thread originally for women trying to lose weight that is not post-pregnancy weight. it seems that a lot of women on here are overweight due to having children, but we wanted to start a group for women who are overweight due to eating and poor health choices! there have actually been a few mothers to participate too because though they have children, the weight they are dealing with is not exactly post-pregancy since their children are grown or because they were overweight prior to having children. but the general idea is a thread for women who became overweight eating for one! :wink:
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    yay to all of you! so much success here! be sure to post your stats each week!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Bump! (and yay!) Not discussing my weight right now, after a week in Tenerife. :blushing: I will be getting right back to it though, and I can't wait for the challenges and stuff. Let's keep this one going, ladies, and welcome to all the newbies!
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    im in!!
    im down 3lbs from last week :)
  • kdv090
    Options
    I'd luv 2 b a memeber! Just not sure how to follow u? I'm a little new to the MFP. :smile:
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'll be a joiner today. :smile: My only "kid" has four feet and a tail and would be in heaven if I walked him 24 hours a day, so I can't blame any weight gain or lack of exercise on him.

My weigh-in day is Friday, and I'll let ya'll know how things are looking. Today [a little pre-day check-in] wasn't looking so great, but heck, a lot can happen in two days, right?
  • anewpath
    anewpath Posts: 200
    Options
    What led y'all to start a topic about non-moms?

we started this thread originally for women trying to lose weight that is not post-pregnancy weight. it seems that a lot of women on here are overweight due to having children, but we wanted to start a group for women who are overweight due to eating and poor health choices! there have actually been a few mothers to participate too because though they have children, the weight they are dealing with is not exactly post-pregancy since their children are grown or because they were overweight prior to having children. but the general idea is a thread for women who became overweight eating for one! :wink:

Well, I have been eating for 1 for 35 years now so there is noone to blame but myself for my current weight. I just began this program so there is no weight loss to post as of yet. My biggest obstacle at the moment is "grazing" at night when I get home. My fiance works evenings so I am solo when I get home after the gym. I find that being honest and logging "everything" is the best way to decrease my grazing and what I graze on. I'm not getting any younger and this won't get any easier; I embrace this challenge that was created by years of neglect to my body.

Good Luck Ladies!!
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    I was part of the Non-Mom group before but was having trouble following the blog for some reason...glad to hear its back and will remain on the message board!!! Since the last time, I've been slacking a bit, but back to doing things right this week!!!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    kudos to everyone for keeping to the high road! jess, just being back on the site is a huge step to getting everything back in order. anew, keep tabs on mfp and you will see losses happening! i'm halfway jived and halfway nervous because i've decided to revamp my c25k. i'm excited about it because i feel like i can *finally* accomplish week 4 and move on! i have reservations because in order to have the energy for c25k, i'm going to have to give up a couple of my classes which burn a lot more calories. i'm going to see if the change affects my weight loss or not, but i'm kind of anxious about it. anyhoo, happy thursday everyone!
  • fluffypbunny
    fluffypbunny Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Very Cool ! I'm a non mom.... haven't weighed in this week yet, but I have my fingers crossed! :)

2201968.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am a non-mom but have lots of furry kids! I would love to join in!
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    I'll play too. I have a feeling this one is going to be a bad week. I have been sick with a cold and exercise has been hard to come by... food hasn't, however...lol

I am officially down over 60 pounds since I started my journey.
  • albredera
    Options
    i fit this group and would like to join!
    here my stats:
    SW on WII fit (11/17/09): 212
    SW on MFP (08/31/10): 187
    CW (11/10/10): 167.3

what's next?