Calling All Non-Moms Again!

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    another non-mom here, I like this thread! I never had a lot to lose, but I am maintaining now and trying to get fit. I did 30DS for 30 days in May/June, then I started Couch to 5k and now I am on week 8 of Gateway to 8k. I want to incorporate some strength training into my life, though.
    and ericaroo, a group interview sounds like a nightmare, let us know how that works!
  • Heidi716
    Heidi716 Posts: 135
    Options
    Yay Me! I had a great week and the scale rewarded me for it! I'm down 5lbs this week! I didn't really have any trouble sticking to my meal plan and getting in all my water and look at that, you stick to something and you actually get results! Novel idea eh? It came just in time what with gravy season and endless obligatory family dinners is right around the corner. I'm hoping to have another successful week before we officially get dipped in temptation! Cheers to all of us for a holiday season filled with continued weight loss!!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    way to go heidi! that's a huge loss! i have been eating crap all week and, although the scale went down this week, i know i'm going to pay for it eventually. i'll be so glad when all of these interviews are over - i know it's not a good excuse, but all the same, it's where i'm at right now. all i can think about is the possibility of employment - i'm trying not to be too hopeful because i don't want a crashing disappointment, but it's really hard to find a balance, and i just feel simultaneously bummed, on top of the world, anxious and stressed out. you know how you want to think positively, but then you don't want to set yourself up for a big loss, so you try to think it doesn't matter, and then you get all worried that you'll somehow jinx yourself? <sigh> i'm pretty much sitting around the house waiting, though i have been faithful to the gym. anyhoo...it will all be over by tomorrow and next week i'll be back in my groove!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    i'll be so glad when all of these interviews are over - i know it's not a good excuse, but all the same, it's where i'm at right now. all i can think about is the possibility of employment - i'm trying not to be too hopeful because i don't want a crashing disappointment, but it's really hard to find a balance, and i just feel simultaneously bummed, on top of the world, anxious and stressed out. you know how you want to think positively, but then you don't want to set yourself up for a big loss, so you try to think it doesn't matter, and then you get all worried that you'll somehow jinx yourself? <sigh>

You just perfectly summed up trying to conceive. :laugh:
  • Heidi716
    Options
    Ladies! I used to do that after I auditioned for plays in high school, and ya know what? It never worked, no matter how much I would say to myself it doesn't matter if I get a part or not, I would still be heart broken to find my name not on the cast list. I decided it's better to put out in to the universe exactly what you want, it doesn't make it hurt any less when you don't get it, but what can the idea of the power of positive thinking cost you? So look in the mirror every morning and say to your self "Today is the day I'll get a job or get pregnant" whatever it is! Believe in yourself!
  • epa422
    Options
    Ladies! I used to do that after I auditioned for plays in high school, and ya know what? It never worked, no matter how much I would say to myself it doesn't matter if I get a part or not, I would still be heart broken to find my name not on the cast list. I decided it's better to put out in to the universe exactly what you want, it doesn't make it hurt any less when you don't get it, but what can the idea of the power of positive thinking cost you? So look in the mirror every morning and say to your self "Today is the day I'll get a job or get pregnant" whatever it is! Believe in yourself!

I've been trying the approach to let the universe know that I'm grateful for everything I do have instead of the one thing I don't have. Of course, I put a spin on it that makes it clear a baby would fit in there perfectly. :laugh: But if I start feeling down about our chances I say, "We did everything we could. The rest is out of our hands. I'm grateful for the life we have, the love we share, and the support we have." Or something like that. I would do the same thing after an interview, "I did the best I could, now it's up to someone else to decide and that is out of my hands." But maybe I'll also inform the universe that today is the day I got pregnant. :flowerforyou:
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    way to go heidi! that's a huge loss! i have been eating crap all week and, although the scale went down this week, i know i'm going to pay for it eventually. i'll be so glad when all of these interviews are over - i know it's not a good excuse, but all the same, it's where i'm at right now. all i can think about is the possibility of employment - i'm trying not to be too hopeful because i don't want a crashing disappointment, but it's really hard to find a balance, and i just feel simultaneously bummed, on top of the world, anxious and stressed out. you know how you want to think positively, but then you don't want to set yourself up for a big loss, so you try to think it doesn't matter, and then you get all worried that you'll somehow jinx yourself? <sigh> i'm pretty much sitting around the house waiting, though i have been faithful to the gym. anyhoo...it will all be over by tomorrow and next week i'll be back in my groove!

I kno exactly what you mean....I do the same thing, and eventually it can drive ya crazy. Good luck though...everything will turn out well :smile:
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and happy Thursday! Hump day is behind us and it's just a little longer until the weekend. I am excited!

Below is an alphabetical list of everyone who has signed up to join the NOM NOM-- er, uh, the Non Mom Group. If your name isn't there, it's not meant personally. I just missed you when I was scrolling through the responses a little bit ago. Also, I apologize if I misspelled your name. Just send me a message or pipe up again and I'll add you to the list or make necessary edits.

The holidays are coming up, as we're all very aware, and we're all going to be focusing on different things to help us meet our goals. I'd like to invite everyone to come up with a December challenge for themselves that they'd like to put on the list. It's fine with me if multiple people want to participate in a particular challenge, or if there's a suggestion that everyone wants to join in on, too.

Either way, tell me your own personal December Challenge that you'd like the group to help you with, and I'll add it to the list. Then we'll check in weekly to see how everyone is doing. Sound good?

albredera
    amanda141982
    anewpath
    angeldog1
    asjerven
    bbygrl5
    beccajoh
    bobobbin
    cdngirl71
    chanstriste13
    ericaroo
    fluffypbunny
    gillianpinder
    heidi716
    ickybella
    jessifer123
    jillbedford
    kdv090
    kristylea80
    laurenbausch
    miss_martin
    monsterawr
    montanab
    nmkruse
    nsueflorence
    rayneeie
    rmkorama
    thebamboophoenix
    tpycha126
    tracybarnhill
    yarnpiggie
    yep_its_jenna
  • epa422
    Options
    Hmmm, December goals... I will hopefully have hit my goal weight by then (go away you two pounds!!! :grumble: ), but I will definitely need to continue toning. I should probably do some measurements so I have a specific goal for you to put down. But in general, my goal is eliminate the jiggly parts on my belly, upper arms, and thighs.
  • MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My December goal: I want to reach my goal weight (145 lbs) by the New Year while ALSO enjoying the holidays. I plan to achieve this by kicking my exercise up a notch on days that I know I won't necessarily be able to stick to my healthy diet and keep drink, drink, DRINKING water!
  • Heidi716
    Options
    December goals; In addition to weight loss, I need to increase my muscle mass percentage and lower my fat mass, so I think 20min of strength training 3x a week will be a reasonable goal to keep in addition to my walking/running and wii fit cardio work is just what I need! Thanks for keeping us on track!
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What wrong with being a mom?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

nothing, just none of us have "baby fat" to lose...i mean i am a mom, he's just not biologically mine...so the fat that i have is all my fault...as for the December goal...i'll have to get back to you on that one
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    My December goals-stay under on cals 5 days per week, strength training 2 days per week and to continue running 3 days per week.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm ready...my goal for December is to burn at least 600 calories per work out...crap that's a little daunting, but I'll try my best!!!!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options

Oh, please don't take this personally. We just started a group for women who have only themselves to blame for their weight gain. It's lovely to have a family and there is at least one person in this group trying to conceive. It's only a support group. :)
  • epa422
    Options
    It's lovely to have a family and there is at least one person in this group trying to conceive. It's only a support group. :)

Yes, but I fully anticipate being kicked out once I conceive. :noway: :laugh:
  • ickybella
    Options
    Loving the nom nom list! Usually, in my nom nom list, there is chocolate, but that's probably why I'm here.

Goals for December: Get to a healthy weight (or at least 160 by the end of the month)
    Maintain through Christmas/New Year's Eve. [After that, I plan on slowing down to one pound a week. I'm currently at two a week, and a lot more this week due to the shock my body is feeling after coming back from that week of naughty foods in Tenerife. Seriously, chocolate covered oaty digestives are the devil. And who knew a peachy bum (cocktail) would be so good? Did I need to drink four that night? Probably not, but I don't remember it, so it doesn't count, right? I digress.]
    Finally, completing (properly this time, and without injuring myself, gosh darn it!) the Jillian Michaels slimdown, which I finished last month, but only after tripling up for a few days (yeah, three workouts a day) because of an Achilles injury.

And while I'm at it, my New Year's resolution is to stop obsessing so much. I am 30 pounds away from my goal weight, my ideal BMI according to the wii. While it sounds like a lot, I have already lost 80 pounds and I'm more insecure than I've ever been, and I'm so hard on myself. Part of this whole thing is learning to deal with eating right when I get back to maintaining, so a meal out every so often, at a place that doesn't list nutrition information won't kill me. There must be a middle ground here somewhere.
  • ickybella
    Options
    It's lovely to have a family and there is at least one person in this group trying to conceive. It's only a support group. :)

Yes, but I fully anticipate being kicked out once I conceive. :noway: :laugh:

Lol, never! Doesn't count; if you started out as a nom nom, you can have as many kids as you like and stay a member. It's for life. :devil: :laugh:
  • epa422
    Options
    Lol, never! Doesn't count; if you started out as a nom nom, you can have as many kids as you like and stay a member. It's for life. :devil: :laugh:

SWEET! :laugh: