Calling All Non-Moms Again!

Options

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    congrats to all of ya'll on your losses! way to go! asl, that's awesome that you exerted such marvelous self-control at a food laden holiday party! i hope i can be as good as you in the next few weeks. meanness, i know what you mean about lunges - i really suck at them! i can do squats until kingdom come, but there is something about the lunges that just don't work with me - my balance on them is terrible, and i know my form isn't correct, and always have *so* much trouble with them! good luck!

welcome aboard sweet 13! is that your lucky number? 13 has been my lucky number ever since 4th grade when our valentine's day party was on 2/13 and i got a valentine from my crush. it was also a friday, so ever since, i *love* it when a friday the 13th comes around!

i just came back from step class. it was a great workout, but i wish it wasn't so cold outside. as soon as i leave the gym, all my sweat is gone and i'm so cold, it feels like i never actually sweated, even though i know i just did like 5 minutes before! it messes with my mind for some reason.

i had been having some problems with my knee, and it seems like it is going away, so that's good too. i've been eating crap for lunch all this week, and i finally got stocked with some healthy options finally, so that will help a lot! hope everyone has a great friday! we're having a party tomorrow night - i'll try to go easy on the food, but no promises on the alcohol! :tongue:
  • nolafitchick
    nolafitchick Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good morning nom noms...I tried Zumba last night for the first time...I'd have to say it was pretty darn fun:bigsmile: I had a hard time figuring out the steps at first...but then i just rocked out! I got the giggles pretty bad while i bounced around in the basement, but it was really good...The DVD's came with a program so I'll start "day 2" today...good luck on your goals my friends!
    I've had my Zumba DVD's for a little over 2 weeks now & I still feel silly bouncing around with them smiley-face-bouncing-008.gif.
  • Flora_Delirus
    Options
    Good morning nom noms...I tried Zumba last night for the first time...I'd have to say it was pretty darn fun:bigsmile: I had a hard time figuring out the steps at first...but then i just rocked out! I got the giggles pretty bad while i bounced around in the basement, but it was really good...The DVD's came with a program so I'll start "day 2" today...good luck on your goals my friends!

What's Zumba?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

What's Zumba?

it's latin dancing cardio...tiny little women teach you how to shake your bon bon...but i sure did burn 804 calories in 63 minutes...so hell yeah i'll do it...it's actually pretty fun learning how to salsa and stuff. google it:wink:
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN...

I weigh in on Saturdays so i'll just report my previous Saturdays weight for check in.... i lost 3.4 lbs to get down to 177.4!
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Thanks for all your check-ins. I'm behind, though, and probably won't get to post an update until next week. Unless I can do it over the weekend. *shrug*

It's been a helluva day at work...
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    I think I am friends with some of you so you probably aleady saw.. but my favorite pair of jeans do not fit at all. I got saggy butt goin on and I can pull them off without undoing them. Time for a new pair (for the 3rd time) lol
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this thread and kind of confused as to what it's about. Is this just a thread for women who aren't pregnant? Or who don't have kids?
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Sweet 13_Princess is actually from my e-mail account. I've had it since high school. An old boyfriend called me his Princess and I've always had good luck withe the number 13, so it's become a favorite. I'm working on putting up a new image of myself, a before picture of what I look in my wedding dress now and a computer generated after picture when I reach my ideal weight. It can be done at:

http://www0.weightmirror.com/weightmirror/

Just thought I'd share,
    Shannon
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this thread and kind of confused as to what it's about. Is this just a thread for women who aren't pregnant? Or who don't have kids?

It's a thread for women who have only themselves to blame for being overweight. We don't have baby weight to lose, however; there are women here who are trying to conceive and I'm not sure if she still comes to the thread, but there's one woman who has kids, but they're much older and she can't blame them. It's just a support group for women who are trying to learn to eat for one. :) Welcome.
  • ickybella
    Options
    Yeah, Sweet 13_Princess is actually from my e-mail account. I've had it since high school. An old boyfriend called me his Princess and I've always had good luck withe the number 13, so it's become a favorite. I'm working on putting up a new image of myself, a before picture of what I look in my wedding dress now and a computer generated after picture when I reach my ideal weight. It can be done at:

http://www0.weightmirror.com/weightmirror/

Just thought I'd share,
    Shannon

I think you should be wary of those things. That calculator has no idea how your body loses weight, and it could get your hopes up only to disappoint later. I know that might seem harsh, but I don't want you to get hurt because some computer thing was wrong about how you'd look. You never really know until you get there.
  • ickybella
    Options
    CHECK IN

I know I already did this, but my weigh-in was yesterday and I'm down to 162 from 164 the previous Friday. The whole Wed. thing is throwing me off and I'm really not sure when to check in! Anyway, my Thursday check-in is still correct, it just doesn't have my weight with it.
  • ickybella
    Options

My mom loves Zumba. She goes to a class once or twice a week and was actually dancing for me on webcam the other night, lol! I know it sounds weird but we're both really rhythm deficient, so it was fun to watch. I am a little jealous of it, though. I probably wouldn't do Zumba unless I could be absolutely sure there was no one watching, and I'm sure I'd still feel like a moron. I look like I'm on fire and trying to save my life when I dance.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't do Zumba unless I could be absolutely sure there was no one watching, and I'm sure I'd still feel like a moron. I look like I'm on fire and trying to save my life when I dance.

smirk...but if you ever get a chance to try it ou sometime, you totally should. i really like zumba, but i only do it if i am feeling extra energetic and strong, because i never substitute my other classes with it, i just add it onto what i'm already doing. it really is a lot of fun, and there are people who look like they are professionals, to people who are completely spazoid (like me), to people who pretty much just stand there and smile the whole time, kind of shuffling their feet along! and i know it blasts a ton of calories, and it really works your core area.

i was so happy today - it has warmed up a significant amount, so it was nice to be outside raking in a long sleeved shirt rather than a long sleeved shirt under a cardigan under a sweater under a wool coat! we're having some friends over tonight for a christmas party, and i know i'm probably going to go out of my calorie range. well...it happens sometimes. and my track record since 8/25 has generally been to lose weight most every week, and that has included a few bouts of sloppy alcoholic bliss, so i plan on enjoying myself in a fairly (fairly fairly) sensible manner!

happy saturday everone! i can't *believe* we are already into mid-december. craziness.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I've been a little MIA due to work! But, my weight is still holding at 149, however, I'm losing inches so I'm losing fat & building muscle - I noticed yesterday when I fit back into a tight fitting shirt I've work only once before that the arms were not tight anymore & my arms actually are looking toned :happy:
    So, I think I may just actually have to start measuring once a week instead of weighing in:tongue:
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options

It's a thread for women who have only themselves to blame for being overweight. We don't have baby weight to lose, however; there are women here who are trying to conceive and I'm not sure if she still comes to the thread, but there's one woman who has kids, but they're much older and she can't blame them. It's just a support group for women who are trying to learn to eat for one. :) Welcome.

OH sweet! That sounds good. :) I don't have kids and don't know if I ever will. lol I hope so, but I'm getting older every year and am starting to wonder if it will ever happen. But...On the plus size, it's probably a lot easier to lose weight when you don't have kids with sweets around. hahah
  • rdh27
    rdh27 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just started this week and I am very excited to see all the wonderful support that is offered here at MFP. I'm sure as you all know, it's hard to do this alone. With this forum, I am very inspired about this program. I have done quite a few weight loss programs in the past, lost the weight, gained it back, and without a lot of support. I am very hopeful this time around and feel very confident about my choice to use MFP. :-))
  • ickybella
    Options
    Rynatat, good job maintaining. It's definitely a good idea to break out the measuring tape! You just never know what you'll find. StacySkinny, I sort of stalked your profile page (sorry!) and you are doing really well! Good job. rdh27, welcome! I love seeing newbie noms! Chanstriste, seriously, I fear for my furniture and my life in the event that I do try Zumba. I actually walk into doors. My knees are always bruised and I'm not even sure what I do to bruise them!

This is sort of the beginning of my husband's birthday week, so I am going to make his favorite meals all week. I let him choose what he'd like to learn to make tonight and he said chilli, so we're having that instead of fish. I was shocked, really, but I like teaching him to cook so far, and I love chilli, plus my chilli is very healthy and full of veggies, so this is going to be fun! Then we'll have Toad in the Hole (not so healthy but I've done it before and I just have a smaller serving, plus a salad and some other veggies and I survive just fine) enchiladas, as they are his favorite (and I promise I will put the frickin recipe up this week! Jeez.) and maybe homemade pizza. Then, Friday, we're going out to eat (probably to Gourmet Burger Kitchen, God help me) and Saturday, our old roommate is coming over so they can play some American war game on the Xbox. I don't really know anything about it, but it's been requested that I make curry. Plus, his parents are coming home this week (sigh) so it's going to be a hectic week, but I'll be planning it all out tonight and I will stay under my calorie goal. I want so badly to break into the 150s, so wish me luck, ladies!

P.S. To any newbies, if you have goals for December, let us know so we can add you to our list!
  • ickybella
    Options
    Where's the roo? Haven't heard from you since we were comparing thighs! Lol, how's life? How's the elliptical?
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I just started this week and I am very excited to see all the wonderful support that is offered here at MFP. I'm sure as you all know, it's hard to do this alone. With this forum, I am very inspired about this program. I have done quite a few weight loss programs in the past, lost the weight, gained it back, and without a lot of support. I am very hopeful this time around and feel very confident about my choice to use MFP. :-))

Glad you're here with us :flowerforyou: