Calling All Non-Moms Again!

Options

Replies

• sweetie89207
    Options
    i'd like to join this discussion! Non-mom here and have been overeating for 1 my whole life...time to get on the right track...nice to have all of you gals here for support and such.

now we just have to learn how to really eat for 1 and only 1 haha
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Non-Moms!!!:bigsmile:

We made it through the week and it's time to relax and enjoy the weekend!! Oh wait not me, I have to do report cards this weekend :ohwell: My goal for the weekend is not to fall back into my bad habit of stress eating...wish me luck.

ttfn :smile:
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Off to a good start for my december goal....lost 3.4 lbs this week :) If i can keep my weekend eating on track, i know next weeks weigh in will be another big one!
  • niknok28
    Options
    Hello all! Hope your weekends are going well! So far so good as far as progressing with the weight loss hopefully I'll be able to hit my goal of 155 by the new year. That would be an amazing way to kick off 2011!

Running is going well. The weather here is perfect lately (50's during the day and 30's at night) so I'll be taking advantage of that to push myself further to try and hit that 5K goal.
  • chelsiescheuerman
    Options
    I am 30 years old. 5'10 and 240 lbs. I am a non-mom and have a severe heart problem. I am currently awaiting a heart transplant and must lower my weight to be matched. I struggle with Congestive Heart Failure, which means my heart does not function enough to get all the extra fluid off my body. I take enough diuretics to make an elephant look like a mouse. I struggle with exercise because of the CHF and because my heart only functions at 30%. I do as much as I can, but tire quickly.

I am married, have an 11 year old step-son. I spend a great deal of time with nieces and nephews so the junk food is an obstacle I face a great deal. I would love to have some extra support and give support to others. I think this is a great group and would love to join!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Non mum - happily married for 3 years and will probably be a mum at some point but not yet! I'm a fair way through my weight loss quest and have a further 10lbs or so to get to my weight goal. Had been stuck on a plateau for weeks but my weigh in this weekend showed a 2lb loss - woohoo! I do well during the week but risk undoing the work with good food and deserts with my husband at the weekends. Was hoping to get to my goal weight by christmas but circumstances have conspired against me and I'm happy that I'll get there when I get there.

Love the support of this site - we can all do this!
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Non-Moms,

Happy Sunday, hope you all have had a good weekend. Stepped on the scale today and was pleased that I lost 2 pounds this week. :laugh:
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'll join in too. I weigh in on Mondays so I'll come back and post then. My only kids are 4 dogs who like to keep me active, but they think 60-90 minutes a day of walking/running just doesn't cut it! If I miss a day, I surely know it!
  • asltiffm
    Options
    I lost 1.6 lbs this week! A good start to my comeback to MFP.
  • kksn
    kksn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

So I've been trying to think about what my December goal should be and I just keep getting stuck. I am about 7.5 pounds from hitting a "normal/healthy" BMI, so while I think I could get really close, I don't think I will make it before the new year. However, I am only 1.5 pounds from being back in the 150s! :) So I am hoping to reach that in another week or so... but that doesn't seem to me like much of a goal for the month if I'm so close to it. I am happy to report that I'm finding old clothes in the closet that I can fit into again, but still some that I'm not ready for. I'm in the last 6 months of my graduate school program and am beginning to send out applications for jobs and post-doctoral training. Perhaps I'll make my December goal be to fit back into my business suit (well enough) for potential interviews in the new year. I know I'm not there yet, but another 5-7 pounds ought to do it. Wish me luck!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! welcome to all the new faces, too!

just came back from c25k, but i didn't get very far. i just got over a mile today, about 8 minutes running and 6 walking...i was just *so* tired and felt like i couldnt' keep my legs moving! but i'm glad that i went a gave it a go, all the same. i might do a dvd at home later on to get more workout time in...

i've been hovering around 202 for the last few weeks - the closest to my november goal i've been was an unofficial weigh-in at 200.6, but now i'm back up. i'm hoping it's salt. i'm trying not to get too disheartened, but it is starting to bother me a bit. but my plan is to keep on trucking. with as much as i've been working out, i have to be losing inchese, and surely it is paying off with my heart and lungs, so i'm going to try and keep focused on that aspect, even though i'm fairly sure i won't be getting ton 193 by new year's! anyhoo, hope everyone has a fabulous monday. sweat some today!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    Perhaps I'll make my December goal be to fit back into my business suit (well enough) for potential interviews in the new year. I know I'm not there yet, but another 5-7 pounds ought to do it. Wish me luck!

i think that sounds like a great december goal! best of luck!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    I lost 1.6 lbs this week! A good start to my comeback to MFP.

YAY for you!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Well, I was mostly absent this weekend. I logged my calories and exercise and was under both days, but mostly, my husband and I just spent time together. It was nice; we ended up going out to eat on Saturday night and taking a walk afterward, then just kind of lounging around on Sunday. I did day 1 of week 3 of c25k today and the track seems to be off. It ends in a run. Not really sure what to do about that, except just cool down for the last two sections. On the bright side, I can run for four minutes, ten seconds. It's nice to know. I've got a loaf of wholemeal bread rising in the kitchen right now so we can have bread with our soup tonight. How's everyone doing after the weekend?

Chanstriste, that sounds really frustrating. I'm sure if you keep at it, though, you'll see even better results. Besides, you seem to really be getting in shape. I very seriously doubt I could do the hiking you do!
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I am down 1.5 pounds this week. yay! I will come back and read all the posts later, I have to go to school. Boo.

Hope everyone else is having a good weigh in. :)
  • cowpoke06
    Options
    Hello ladies :) I did really well this week with my 1200 calories a day which makes me happy. Sunday was my designated cheat day...and I ate sesame chicken from First Wok...lots of sodium so I'm actually not weighing myself until tomorrow. I don't want to be dissapointed because I'm just retaining water. I hope December is finding everyone well :) I'm still sucking at my p90X, definitely losing my motivation. I do it some days but other days I just don't feel like it because by the time I have time to do it it's midnight and I don't want to be working out until 1:30 in the morning...and I go to bed typically at 2 am so I never get up early enough to work out before work...but that's my own fault :)
  • Flora_Delirus
    Options
    I'm a non-mom (except for havnig 4 legged 'kids')... (hard to type non-mom...kept wanting to type nom nom nom nom :) )

I've been absent from here for a full month, and actually haven't logged anything except one day in November since October 6th. I've no idea what threw me off but since my log in one month ago (the one day I logged) I've gained 2.5 lbs :(

But I'm trying my best to get back into the habit. I'm back to excersising during lunches and getting in extra time for excersise like horseback riding and such.

But here come the excuses...I'm tired, it's winter(ish) and cold, I want to hibernate...*flop*

Any help anyone can offer and support and motivational sayings...anything to kick me in the *kitten* and keep me coming back to keep logging and keep excersising, especially through the holidays.
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    But here come the excuses...I'm tired, it's winter(ish) and cold, I want to hibernate...*flop*

smirk...the *flop* effect had me laughing out loud! thanks - i needed that!

anyhoo...unflop yourself and get back on the bandwagon - just dropping in a line here every now and then will help keep you on track too. good luck and we'll look forward to seeing your progress!
  • lauramorris85
    Options
    it seems that a lot of women on here are overweight due to having children, but we wanted to start a group for women who are overweight due to eating and poor health choices!

That is me to a T! My whole family is overweight and once I reached my magic number of 149 (pushing 150!) I said no more. I started MFP at 147 and I'm down to 138-139 in just over a month!

Now, if i can only get my boyfriend to do the same thing (lol)!
  • asltiffm
    Options
    I'm a non-mom (except for havnig 4 legged 'kids')... (hard to type non-mom...kept wanting to type nom nom nom nom :) )

I've been absent from here for a full month, and actually haven't logged anything except one day in November since October 6th. I've no idea what threw me off but since my log in one month ago (the one day I logged) I've gained 2.5 lbs :(

But I'm trying my best to get back into the habit. I'm back to excersising during lunches and getting in extra time for excersise like horseback riding and such.

Any help anyone can offer and support and motivational sayings...anything to kick me in the *kitten* and keep me coming back to keep logging and keep excersising, especially through the holidays.

Well one motivation to get out and exercise would be for your four legged kids. I am more active in the winter than any other time of year because that's their favorite time of year to run. If you get in the habit of doing it everyday, they will NOT let you get away without walking them, or at least making you feel pretty guilty about not doing it.