Calling All Non-Moms Again!

Options

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    As for me, I changed my goal from walking 6 days a week to doing the 30-Day Shred for, well, 30 days. Go me! I can do it, right? Riiiiiiiight. Part of this is because of a change at work that means my free 1/2 hour before work will be going away, and I have to figure out how to make adjustments so I can still get that walk in. In the meantime, I'll have to rely on other workouts.

30 Day shred is a really good workout. I did level 1 today for the first time since I got my HRM and found out I burned exactly the same amount of calories as MFP says. 20 minutes of circuit training burns 204 for me, and when I wore my HRM today, it said it was actually 22 minutes but that I had burned 204 (after I subtracted my BMR) so that's pretty cool. Plus, my arms, while still flabby, are getting toned. I've got a lot less fat surrounding the muscle now! I hope you like it as much as I do, and if you do, check out Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones, 'cause they are beastly.
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I hope you get your gift cards, ickybella!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    I can do it... i just need to figure out where i set down my will power. *sigh*

you *will* do it! i think it's impressive that you have maintained for 5 months, give or take, with an active sweet tooth! i would consider it a success! what i will do is, on days that i have done well...worked out, eaten healthily, before i go to bed...i get to indulge in 2 pieces of chocolate!

also, every monday i get cold stone icecream - with cookie dough and chocolate shavings. i know that as long as i have my ice cream night and chocolate vice to look forward to, i can deal with the rest of the rabbit food. if i cut it out totally, that might last for as long as 5 or 6 months! but then i go and binge for a year. so i've learned to incorporate my demons into my routine - maybe you could give it a whirl - it's okay to eat your junk, so long as it is *scheduled*, *in moderation*, and *accounted for*.

good luck! you've got this!
  • cowpoke06
    Options
    hello all! I need to get better at checking this thread. I wish I could save it in a favorite somewhere. Still getting used to having to search for it...unless anyone knows a better way :)

I just changed my daily caloric goal to 1200 calories. I'm just not really losing any weight. I've been doing p90x for technically 7 weeks now (but i'm considering this week week 6) and and down barely 6 pounds. I mean...that's better than nothing and my body is changing a little but I just thought that by now I would have at least dropped a pant size but I'm still rockin the size 13s. I've been touch and go with the calories so it's time to shape up. Ive been putting in to eat 1500 a day and sometimes I go over. Sometimes I go over but i worked out and don't log it. Sometimes I do log the exercise calories and eat them or stay under. There's no consistancy and I need to focus on that. So my new goal is to lose 2 pounds a week (8 by new years). So I'm sticking to 1200 calories and will vow to log my exercise and eat the exercise calories so that my intake doesn't drop below 1200.

I'm not not up to date on everyone else's postings yet, sorry :/ I'll check this more often. I hope everyone is having a good day!
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    hello all! I need to get better at checking this thread. I wish I could save it in a favorite somewhere. Still getting used to having to search for it...unless anyone knows a better way :)

Do you use the My Topics tab? That will show the most recent 25 topics where you've posted. As long as you post here periodically, it should stay visible there if nothing else.

Also, good work doing p90x! That's a lot of workout, as I understand it. Keep at it, and I'm sure you'll see rmore esults.
  • Heidi716
    Heidi716 Posts: 135
    Options
    I'm down 2 pounds this week even over the holiday! I'm proud of that but I haven't gotten started on my december goal of adding strength training to my exercise routine. As of now I'm just doing cardio (walking/running) but I need to increase my muscle mass. I think my solution will be to get a YMCA membership where I can do water aerobics, zumba and pilates. I did that combo over the summer and gained some muscle but I wasn't watching what I was eating and also gained fat. :( I'm asking for the membership for Christmas but maybe I can ask Santa to come a little early this year! :)
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Non-Moms!

Happy Friday Eve aka Thursday :-) This has been a good week. I recently had a medical procedure done so I had to take some time off from working out. This week I've found both the time and a way to start easing back into my normal exercise routine. The bad new was with my local non-moms group we had a weekly Friday Eve celebration and I had Fish and Chips. :embarassed:

Have a great Friday Ladies
  • ickybella
    Options
    Morning, nom noms. Boy, am I tired this week. Yesterday, I went back to sleep after making coffee for my husband and pushing him out the door. Need more carbs. I always feel better when I have more carbs. On the bright side, I found a recipe for sourdough rye bread and I am so making that this weekend. I also have to make our Christmas fruit cake, but that's ok because I like making it but I hate how it tastes. Mixed peel and glace cherries just ain't my thang. Anyway, today is my weigh-in day, and after a bit of hard work during a rough week, I'm down 2 pounds. Inching ever closer to that healthy BMI.

We are not going out to eat this weekend because next weekend, we are going out with the girls who were my bridesmaids, because it's someone's birthday, and the place we are going has no nutritional info and no chance for a healthy meal. Why do they have to put butter and cream on EVERYTHING? So I promised my husband I'd make enchiladas this Saturday and we could go out to the pub afterward, or I'll just make some mulled wine or something. I would rather just stay in, really. It's cold out there! Still have to go out for c25k though.

Hope everyone's doing well! Have a good weekend, all.
  • epa422
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing great getting back (or staying) on track! Keep with it this weekend!

I picked up a new elliptical last night. One of the best Christmas presents ever! I'm super excited. I would have been even more excited if the elves had decided to finish assembling it for me last night, but alas, no such luck. So I'll have to get my husband to help put on the arms and pedals tonight. I did everything else myself (for hours!) last night. I tried it out in the store and really liked it, so I'm hoping the one I assemble works just as well. And I'm really excited that it comes with six 30-minute workout programs that will automatically adjust the tension. My last one was 10 years old and only had two 20-minute programs and they got pretty old pretty fast.
  • rmkorama
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Non-Moms!

Happy Friday Eve aka Thursday :-) This has been a good week. I recently had a medical procedure done so I had to take some time off from working out. This week I've found both the time and a way to start easing back into my normal exercise routine. The bad new was with my local non-moms group we had a weekly Friday Eve celebration and I had Fish and Chips. :embarassed:

Have a great Friday Ladies

Way to go on getting back in the groove. It really can take some time and effort after a break, so you go. And fish and chips can't be ALL bad, right? ;-)

I have no idea how many calories I had last night out for dinner with the hubby. There's no way to log "a lot" into my diary. We did really well, though, sharing most everything. I had a few bites of his carrot cake, but he ate the majority of it [in part because I'm rather indifferent to carrot cake]. He reported feeling "stuffed" after dinner, and this after we cut the burger and fries in half. He had some coleslaw, I had some pasta salad, and we shared water and a piece of cake. I was fairly full, too. We used to eat this little before, too, but then it just starts creeping up on a person over time, yes? Next thing you know, you're eating an entire burger and fries by yourself, and feeling just a little overly full, not "stuffed."

I do ramble. Rather bored this morning, proctoring a test, and with a computer that has no software on it except for Internet Explorer. So there is little I can do except surf the internet. I'm also really hungry because I wasn't able to stop at my office on the way to the test, so I haven't had anything to drink all morning, and my pbj can only go so far. I can't wait until I can get to my office in about 30 minutes and have some more food and something to drink. Will post updated info on the December goals later today, and we're off and running!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    I picked up a new elliptical last night. One of the best Christmas presents ever! I'm super excited.

YAY! glad you got one - nothing like new, shiny exercise toys!

icky, you mention your enchilladas a lot, and everytime you do my mouth waters. can you share the recipe with us? pleeeaaassee? :flowerforyou:

it's unofficial as of yet, but i *finally* broke the 201 barrier at 200.8 this morning. i'm taking that as a good omen - *so* close to ONEderland! i've had great workouts this week, finsihing up today with an hour long bout of step class. *love* this class - our instructor uses pretty complicated choreography in it, so i'm concentrating too hard to pay attention to how tired i am! one of my favorites!

i have an interview for a second grade teaching position this afternoon at 1, so keep all appendages crossed until futher notice. tomorrow me and my husband are going up to the mountains to get our christmas tree, so the holidays will be officially started for us! yay! have a great friday everyone!
  • epa422
    Options
    Good luck at your interview!

How was that group interview? Was it totally weird?
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    Good luck at your interview!

How was that group interview? Was it totally weird?

thanks! actually, the group interview rocked. there were four of us in there. they spent about 45 minutes or so going over the company and job description and all of that, and then they gave us doughnuts! after that, they started asking questions and we took turns answering them...i was terrified of the thought of that, but it was really cool - much more laid back. the owner was about to leave for thanksgiving and then go to disneyworld with her family, so i'm still halfway hoping i might hear something back...most likely not at this point, but it could happen. i would work with them in a heartbeat! it seemed like a great workplace. but we keep on trucking, right? i mean, what else is there to do?
  • ickybella
    Options
    I will post my enchiladas recipe! It's just for the filling and the topping; you have to find your own tortillas, and good luck finding corn tortillas that are actually worth it (calorie-wise)! I am THIS close to making my own tortillas. It's not the lowest-calorie dinner you'll ever have, that is for sure. Also, it's pretty generic, but my husband is really easily pleased, and pretty spicy, so you'll have to adjust the heat to your liking. Right now, I am attempting to sort out the grocery chaos in the kitchen. I just bought more spinach, because I was out, (seriously, I go through a big bag of spinach leaves twice a week. If it's possible to have too much of it, I do) and I NEED it for everything I eat. I even put it in the enchiladas! Any way to sneak veggies into my husband's diet, you know. So, I bought spinach and of course I had to buy some avocados because it's been a billion years since I had one and we were almost out of soy sauce, so I figured while I was there...and then I got some more yogurt because we were a little low and I was starting to go into dairy panic and I bought some cranberry juice and it's never ending. Sheesh. I should not be allowed to enter Tesco. At least I walk there, I guess. Anyway, when I get the chance I will post the recipe.

And this is me without coffee....lord, help us.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    hi noms noms, happy friday! have a good weekend.
  • nolafitchick
    nolafitchick Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Okay, it's my weigh-in day and I didn't gain or lose anything :ohwell: . Thanksgiving didn't hurt me, Yeah!! but still a little sad (just a little) that I didn't lose anything. Oh, well - next week :bigsmile:
  • rmkorama
    Options
    DECEMBER GOALS!

First official check-in will be Wednesday, December 8.

nom-nom_Dec2010_goals.gif
  • Rhammond8
    Options
    NON-MOM... not sure if I'm down any lbs yet, just weighed in yesterday, but am definitely liking all the success posts fellow non-moms :) Can't wait for the next weigh in so I can share my loss as well!!

KEEP IT UP!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    hello nom noms!! Monday is weigh in day...haven`t worked my butt off since injuring my ribs (last night i made it through the whole night without having to get up and put sports rub on or take an advil or 3)...Zumba comes in the mail sometime next week so I will start then...doing well with my eating though...good luck this weekend nom noms!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    1 more lbs off! For the first time since 2007 I am below 150.. well, I'm 149, but still, I'm under 150 :tongue: I fit in old size 9's that I NEVER thought I'd see again on me (well looking decent on me!) If I can do this, I KNOW you other Non Moms can do this :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

P.S. To all the Non Moms that are Moms to the 4-legged furry varieties, congrats :happy: I am proud NonMom of 4 4-legged furry kids who are tearing up my house thanx to fiance putting down fresh catnip for them tonite:laugh: I'm working my ab muscles laughing at them :laugh: :wink: