af149997aeb9618fca87e0af71cdf02d35daa9e6691d06c75bc10834106b7903.jpg

Team married for the win! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Disclaimer: it is just a joke.
  • farmgirlrrt
    farmgirlrrt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    1. No one to answer to.
    2. Cheaper
    3. If you end up buying tickets to concerts and sporting events then they end up being really great seats!
    4. Enjoy the house at whatever temperature you want.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I find it pretty interesting reading through this whole argument over a post about a happy marriage. That's a lot of justification and hate over someone else's happiness who just wanted to share. There is a lot of posts in here about how there is no such thing as a happy marriage. Relationships are work. They suck at times and putting someone else before yourself is tough. Especially when society is breeding a lot of self indulgent wieners. Nothing wrong with seeing a successful relationship and giving hope that some people out there can actually make it work. Experiencing a heartbroke break up doesn't suck so bad because the relationship was awful. It's because it's a hard loss of something you actually wanted more than yourself. Some people become complacent and would rather avoid the possibility of vulnerability. Others just aren't cut out for relationships. But to me I just see a lot of haters. I just saw a proud woman who is grateful for her marriage. I hope she is one of those couples that is celebrating their 50th anniversary down the road.
    THANKS for this!! I am so sorry to anyone I offended. I had NO intentions to make anyone feel bad or to make OP feel worse. If you read the last sentence in my paragraph (maybe I didn't word it right) but what I was trying to say is when she or any single people find the person they are meant to be with they will be in a happy relationship and it wont feel like "work". I did NOT think I would get so much criticism. Sorryl! And thanks for those who saw the true meaning of my post. And, Yes I am proud to be in a happy relationship with a good guy! I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy to be in a depressing relationship. I was there at one time. Yes, that relationship was work. Yes, I finally broke it off after 5 years of verbal abuse. And yes, I did go through a hard time with the breakup. But, I believe everything happens for a reason. And I want everyone to be happy and live a happy life.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    The best thing about being single is when it ends....
  • hat_or_boa
    Options
    Newly single after 3 years and loving it!

The best thing, for me, is that my time is my own! I have no one to answer to... I can go home after work, turn on the tv or grab a book, and completely shut off the world. I don't have to worry about responding to mister mister, or checking in with him, or hanging out when I don't feel like it, etc...

It is so liberating! lol
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Being single is like having a lottery ticket I haven't checked the numbers on yet vs one I know is a loser.

Yeah...I've made some bad man choices in the past.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Being single is like having a lottery ticket I haven't checked the numbers on yet vs one I know is a loser.

Yeah...I've made some bad man choices in the past.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love your comparison.
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    not getting tap on the shoulder in the middle of the night :huh: dang, i miss that :blushing:
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    not having to shave your legs on a daily basis.

TRUE!
  • TygerDawn
    TygerDawn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Freedom. Not having to answer to someone.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm married now, but when I wasn't responsible for a husband and a kid, doing everything when I wanted, how I wanted, was pretty awesome. I don't think I can narrow it down more than that. Plus, as much as I know he loves me, the fact that someone is always "worried" about me drives me NUTS. I'm a big girl. I feel as though I should just have to come home every day with money and not have him worry about me.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    jLZz4Na.gif
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    No one gripes about your food choices. You can eat whatever you like.

32026.gif

This gif makes me laugh every time I see it..I love those infomercials and their acting..haha

Has THIS ever happened to you?!?!?!?!

No, because I'm single and don't have a spouse or children to b!itch about my cooking...hahaha

I wouldv'e throat punched all them ingrates right then and there :smokin:

Who in their right mind does that with Pizza! That is the shame in this gif!

I know! It's pizza! Even if it's bad, it's still pizza!

No one tells me what I can spend my money on.
    I also don't have kids, so I don't I'm planning to die broke. ;-)
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Going out with your guy friends and not coming home to "Did you sleep with them?

Oh, geez...I really hate this...and i don't even go out with guy friends. Business trips, or having to go into work early or have to stay late...and i come home to some version of this followed by..."I don't really care what you do...do whoever you want." in that *tone*...It's gotten worse since I started losing weight, too...

Most days I am happy to be married...but those days i envy the single people...
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    More arguments here than I was anticipating. I thought it was a going to ba a positive post.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Another great thing about being single is being able to turn down someone who I know is not suitable for me. Even if he's decent looking and seems nice. I used to not be single, but I used to not have the best of standards, either, because I was scared to be alone. Now I've learned to enjoy being alone, and experience has taught me that it's better to be single than unhappy with someone.
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    not enjoying being single right now!
  • TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I guess that's why I stay single....if someone is going to restrict my life so much, why would I?
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @ Mischievous_Rascal
    @ Walldancer

Perfect summary ladies.
  • strengthandhonour4eva
    strengthandhonour4eva Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Its better being single that being with a complete arsehole! im sure some people are just with someone for the sake of being with someone! That's not right