The best things about being single

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• kittimiss
    kittimiss Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just got a divorce last month. So far the best part is that I hang out around my house naked a lot now.

Ah...wonderful divorce! I just got one last month as well. Best part of being single? Rekindling the romance with self :love:
  • kittimiss
    kittimiss Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    axjytt.jpg

truth

And yes!! This too!
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I don't even know. Been separated for about a year and a half but never really took a minute to think anything good about. Probably will change once divorce is final which should be soon hopefully. I just hope I won't end up broke.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    It can be nice being in a couple, but dear lord I love having my bed all to myself and being able to make decisions about things like what to have for dinner, what movie to watch, what tv show to watch, how much money I spend, etc. without having to consult with another person first! It is awesome. Of course, I blame myself for choosing the wrong guys. Most of my past relationships have been pretty similar to raising a teenager even though most of them have been my same age or older.

^^ This so so this!

Also, I've noticed that all my men have spoken derogatory of my house cleaning, but when I'm solo it's a sparkling effing castle.

The trend?

I love only having to clean up after me because I don't make messes!

If the house is clean Monday morning, it will look almost identical Friday night less a load of clean laundry on the bed!
  • sculli123
    Options

Also, I've noticed that all my men have spoken derogatory of my house cleaning, but when I'm solo it's a sparkling effing castle.

The trend?

I love only having to clean up after me because I don't make messes!

If the house is clean Monday morning, it will look almost identical Friday night less a load of clean laundry on the bed!
    I must say my house has never been cleaner and I've never eaten as well as I have since I've been separated. Soon to be Ex's apartment looks like a disaster area every time I've gone there to pick up my kids.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    The ability to pretty much do whatever I want and go wherever I want whoever I want : )

This pretty much sums it up.
    That includes having sex, for the earlier poster, this is 2014. Most single people have another single friend on speed dial.

So most single people have f buddies on their phone in which they can pretty much rely on at most times? I'm being genuinely honest/curious here.
    Me too, I'm curious.
    This sounds like some bull ish :laugh:

I'm going going to leave this here:

Yes.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    Independence.....servicing self.....!

Can you not service yourself in a relationship?

Probably not with the young, hairless boys in pink drawers that he likes.

Jesus dude.

I just laughed LOUD in the office. Dang!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Just got a divorce last month. So far the best part is that I hang out around my house naked a lot now.

why were you not doing that as a couple?

I almost always roam my house in my skinny mini's and dun-dundah's.

If he's there are or not. granted- when he's there we get a lot less done.

You people as couples are weird- I'm pretty independent and value my long distance relationship.. means I don't have to shave regularly- I can stay at the gym till 10 PM on Friday night, I go to all my dance events with out judgement.
    Long distance is awesome LOL.

What I miss- flirting at the bar. I do miss that.. something about it is hard to replicate.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    I guess I have it pretty good? I am married and my husband doesn't mind if I sleep in, he lets me do what I want and go where I want. He trusts me. He lets me have bad days and eat my junk food. There are days I dont shower (he as well), there are times I go without shaving for a little while, I go without doing the dishes for a couple days sometimes. He doesn't care what I spend my money on. I like to watch t.v. in the evenings in my bedroom so I can watch whatever my heart desires. HE cooks me dinner 90% of the time, he washes dishes, and helps pick up. He does make messes and I feel like I have a kid to clean up after sometimes. But I am thankful for him. I don't know how much better it really could get. I dont feel like being with him his holding me down at all. Maybe the ones that are single and happy are happy because they were not with the person they were meant to be with?

I always figure that people are secretly not that happy if they seek out others to rub it in their faces.

:huh:

Yeah, she was on here earlier this week posting that she can't get pregnant because her hubby won't save up his allowance and she never spends money because she's saving for IVF but he spends too much money for them to save up for it.
  • HypnoticEuphoria
    Options
    Being single is only awesome if you were in crappy relationships. In a good relationship you'll be able to do everything you did as a single person and more! There's nothing better than sharing those experiences with a significant other.
  • elv1ra
    elv1ra Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i eat whatever i want, when i want, and theres no one bringing in massive amounts of junkfood
    i have full control over the tv
    im not kept up all night by snoring or elbows
    no one to rag on me about my sleeping habits
    no pee on the toilet seat
    dont have to worry about his loser *kitten* lying cheating or doing drugs
  • sculli123
    Options
    Being single is only awesome if you were in crappy relationships. In a good relationship you'll be able to do everything you did as a single person and more! There's nothing better than sharing those experiences with a significant other.
    Kind of agree but eventually most relationships seem to end up crappy for whatever reason.
  • denisejohnson754365
    Options
    Learning to love myself, believing that my energy will attract what I send out.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    A big bed to yourself.

I'm doing it wrong, I still sleep on "my" side!
    I did the same thing then he died so I took his side.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    you're young and sounds like a newer relationship. Nothing stays perfect but its how you deal with the tough times that really shows your character. Enjoy