DIE DIE DIE!!!

Options

Replies

• bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    your perception is off. You need to recalibrate your snark detector, because it's over-sensitive. Tone of voice does not come across on the internet, you might want to try reading her posts in a more cheerful, happy-go-lucky tone of voice.

Also, again, you're replying with ad hominem attacks, which isn't going to endear you to anyone. On this site, that kind of thing usually unleashes a tornado of kitty gifs.

Right, as I did not suggest you could read tone, it is the content that suggests that it is condescending. So you are telling me that ragging on grammar, spelling, and overuse of punctuation isn't ad hominem? But hey, you can see ONE side... good for you.

The comment she made about punctuation and grammar wasn't directed at you, it was a joke about this forum in general. Look I'm trying to give you advice here. I really think you overreacted to her post and it came across that you were butthurt (i.e. offended because someone disagreed with you). A better reaction would have been to simply back up what you what you were saying, rather than taking the whole thing personally and overreacting to it.

I could care less if someone disagrees with me... I am reasonable and receptive... I am not set in my ways and I am happy to change my views if there is reasoning to motivate me. HOWEVER, when people automatically approach me in a condescending manner, I lose respect for them as people and lose desire to hear anything they have to say, no matter how much fact they are providing. It isn't a matter of the disagreement, I just don't like people who approach others in disagreement with in that manner. Its never "oh hey, I believe you may be misinformed, here is the evidence and facts that show what I mean" like any professional adult would do to maintain respect, people like her present it as "You are stupid, I know everything, what is your reasoning for being wrong? NOW here is the facts." Big difference in the way things are projected.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    your perception is off. You need to recalibrate your snark detector, because it's over-sensitive. Tone of voice does not come across on the internet, you might want to try reading her posts in a more cheerful, happy-go-lucky tone of voice.

Also, again, you're replying with ad hominem attacks, which isn't going to endear you to anyone. On this site, that kind of thing usually unleashes a tornado of kitty gifs.

Right, as I did not suggest you could read tone, it is the content that suggests that it is condescending. So you are telling me that ragging on grammar, spelling, and overuse of punctuation isn't ad hominem? But hey, you can see ONE side... good for you.

"tell me more" is condescending?

I'm not arguing that you were wrong about my intention - I knew your facts were wrong, I didn't think that you would be able to support them and my response was based on these assumptions. You could have pwned me by a single peer reviewed article. I would have been completely slain in one post.

Then you could have danced over my grave with all sorts of comments about my intelligence, breeding and tone with the entire MFP community cheering you on.

However, how are the words "tell me more" by themselves - without any tone - condescending?

"That is really interesting! Tell me more...."
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Did someone say... kitty gifs?

D4Qh3Yd.gif

ThZsMKs.gif

4dsNOsW.gif

JSqOAxY.gif

WYhe5zz.gifp

Yes. And cookies.

Picture-166.jpg
  • likitisplit
    Options
    You perceived it as *****y... the comment didn't attack you as a person, it attacked an idea you put forward. Your comment was an ad hominem attack, i.e. directed at a person. That makes a huge difference.

I perceived it as such based on the abrasive context... it doesn't make a huge difference when the content of the "attack on a belief" is condescending to the person who suggested it... and the "THOSE people" comment wasn't referring a those who disagree, it was referring to the people that will automatically post condescending replies to someone they disagree with....

Sigh.

Look. If the idea was that your metabolism changed while you were sleeping, the advice would be "wait for an hour before you go to sleep" just like the old swimming myth.

The reality is that it takes between 6 and 8 hours for your food to digest in your stomach and small intestine. This means that not eating after 6 would mean that you would need to wait until midnight or 2 am to go to sleep. I don't know about you, but I go to bed between 10:30 and 11.

It's about 33 to 55 hours for it to go from consumption to elimination.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/digestive-system/expert-answers/faq-20058340

The 50 pounds I've lost says that meal timing is irrelevant.

........plus the fact that if it was bad to eat within a certain number of hours before sleeping, then we'd better all get into time machines and warn all the Homo erectuses about that....... though I think it might be a bit difficult to explain the concept of "8pm" to a Homo erectus....

ETA: Homo erectus mentioned twice in one thread for two different reasons... BINGO! :drinker: ..... next time I'm going for a hattrick!!

That would be really fun. Let's do it!!!

After we tell the Homo Erectus about raspberry ketones, can we go back and stand on the edge of the Tethys sea and watch the first amphibious animals skitter about?

I can't even begin to imagine all the things I'd want to go an observe if I had a time machine....

The one thing that holds me back, besides the lack of a time machine, is the reality of how smelly the past must have been.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

D4Qh3Yd.gif

ThZsMKs.gif

4dsNOsW.gif

JSqOAxY.gif

WYhe5zz.gifp

Yes. And cookies.

Picture-166.jpg

Can I eat my cookie while looking at kitty gifs?

fluffy_confused_kitten_gif_4_by_wonderfuday-d51jx4w.gif
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    ok ... here is my other pet peeve, and this gets pretty fundamental , but trust me on this one when i say it annoys me ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    3500 calorie deficit to lose a lb of fat.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GRRRRRR really ... no -

its all simple flawed science that has become the trite truism
  • bcoop911
    Options

I'm not arguing that you were wrong about my intention - I knew your facts were wrong, I didn't think that you would be able to support them and my response was based on these assumptions. You could have pwned me by a single peer reviewed article. I would have been completely slain in one post.

Then you could have danced over my grave with all sorts of comments about my intelligence, breeding and tone with the entire MFP community cheering you on.

However, how are the words "tell me more" by themselves - without any tone - condescending?

like I said:
    I could care less if someone disagrees with me... I am reasonable and receptive... I am not set in my ways and I am happy to change my views if there is reasoning to motivate me. HOWEVER, when people automatically approach me in a condescending manner, I lose respect for them as people and lose desire to hear anything they have to say, no matter how much fact they are providing. It isn't a matter of the disagreement, I just don't like people who approach others in disagreement with in that manner. Its never "oh hey, I believe you may be misinformed, here is the evidence and facts that show what I mean" like any professional adult would do to maintain respect, people like her present it as "You are stupid, I know everything, what is your reasoning for being wrong? NOW here is the facts." Big difference in the way things are projected.
  • ILoveBreakfast671
    ILoveBreakfast671 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Women that say "I don't want to get huge!"

Come on seriously, you think you can lift and accidentally become an IFBB Pro just like that?

Then they just run endlessly until they look like sticks.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    23mr60y.jpg
  • likitisplit
    Options

like I said:

You don't have to listen to what I have to say.

Everybody is waiting with baited breathe for what YOU have to say!
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    You perceived it as *****y... the comment didn't attack you as a person, it attacked an idea you put forward. Your comment was an ad hominem attack, i.e. directed at a person. That makes a huge difference.

I perceived it as such based on the abrasive context... it doesn't make a huge difference when the content of the "attack on a belief" is condescending to the person who suggested it... and the "THOSE people" comment wasn't referring a those who disagree, it was referring to the people that will automatically post condescending replies to someone they disagree with....

Sigh.

Look. If the idea was that your metabolism changed while you were sleeping, the advice would be "wait for an hour before you go to sleep" just like the old swimming myth.

The reality is that it takes between 6 and 8 hours for your food to digest in your stomach and small intestine. This means that not eating after 6 would mean that you would need to wait until midnight or 2 am to go to sleep. I don't know about you, but I go to bed between 10:30 and 11.

........plus the fact that if it was bad to eat within a certain number of hours before sleeping, then we'd better all get into time machines and warn all the Homo erectuses about that....... though I think it might be a bit difficult to explain the concept of "8pm" to a Homo erectus....

ETA: Homo erectus mentioned twice in one thread for two different reasons... BINGO! :drinker: ..... next time I'm going for a hattrick!!

After we tell the Homo Erectus about raspberry ketones, can we go back and stand on the edge of the Tethys sea and watch the first amphibious animals skitter about?

I can't even begin to imagine all the things I'd want to go an observe if I had a time machine....

The one thing that holds me back, besides the lack of a time machine, is the reality of how smelly the past must have been.

I don't think Homo erectus would have smelled that bad, I mean they likely went around completely naked (I'm not aware of any evidence for them processing animal hides for textiles and if they did then likely the carrier bag was invented long before clothes were) so they're probably not going to get that smelly.......

neanderthals on the other hand... ice age winters living in caves together wearing animal skins to keep warm and having large mammal carcasses lying around, plus spending a lot of time tanning hides.....

As for dinosaurs... my main concern there would be that *I* don't smell like food to them :laugh:
  • bcoop911
    Options

Have you had problems with people not liking you in the past? haha

Or problems with being respected in a professional atmosphere?

These are rhetorical, considering regardless of what you respond with, I already have my opinion of you...
  • likitisplit
    Options

Sigh.

I don't think Homo erectus would have smelled that bad, I mean they likely went around completely naked (I'm not aware of any evidence for them processing animal hides for textiles and if they did then likely the carrier bag was invented long before clothes were) so they're probably not going to get that smelly.......

neanderthals on the other hand... ice age winters living in caves together wearing animal skins to keep warm and having large mammal carcasses lying around, plus spending a lot of time tanning hides.....

As for dinosaurs... my main concern there would be that *I* don't smell like food to them :laugh:

We could wear outfits made of aspartame and high fructose corn syrup.
  • likitisplit
    Options

Have you had problems with people not liking you in the past? haha

Or problems with being respected in a professional atmosphere?

These are rhetorical, considering regardless of what you respond with, I already have my opinion of you...

LOL. Not really.

I don't really care what your opinion is of me.

Just waiting for your evidence.

However, I might start reporting your posts for personal attacks. Just for fun, you know.
  • st0rmagedd0n
    st0rmagedd0n Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I just remembered something.

The myth that cauliflower replaces everything. No. It doesn't. Cauliflower smells like farts and feels like eating sand. Plus it tastes yuck.

No no no no no no no.

NO..gif

False.

Falsefalsefalsefalsefalse.

Cauliflower is awesome, and if it tastes like sand farts, you are very definitely doing it wrong.
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options

The myth that cauliflower replaces everything. No. It doesn't. Cauliflower smells like farts and feels like eating sand. Plus it tastes yuck.

No no no no no no no.

NO..gif

False.

Cauliflower is awesome, and if it tastes like sand farts, you are very definitely doing it wrong.

Definitely doing it wrong! *LIKES*
  • neandermagnon
    Options

D4Qh3Yd.gif

ThZsMKs.gif

4dsNOsW.gif

JSqOAxY.gif

WYhe5zz.gifp

Yes. And cookies.

Picture-166.jpg

Can I eat my cookie while looking at kitty gifs?

fluffy_confused_kitten_gif_4_by_wonderfuday-d51jx4w.gif

maybe the kitties want to look at cookies

513ndV3jrqL.jpg
  • bcoop911
    Options
    LOL. Not really.

I don't really care what your opinion is of me.

Just waiting for your evidence.

However, I might start reporting your posts for personal attacks. Just for fun, you know.

I am not sure why you are waiting. I already said "semi-humbly" that you were correct and I was misinformed. My irritation was never with the fact that you disagreed with me. It is just how you approach it, it is a character flaw, but one wouldn't expect you to be self aware.
  • neandermagnon
    Options

Sigh.

We could wear outfits made of aspartame and high fructose corn syrup.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • st0rmagedd0n
    st0rmagedd0n Posts: 417 Member
    Options

No no no no no no no.

NO..gif

False.

Definitely doing it wrong! *LIKES*

Right?!

It can become pizza crust! How can anything that becomes pizza be wrong?!