Deleted Friend.

Options

Replies

• Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I usually only delete people if they aren't active for 2 weeks or more. I have a lot of MFP friends so there's no point in hanging on to people who aren't dedicated, at least that's how I look at it.

I do occasionally have to delete people because they are annoyingly advocating a fitness company they work for.

The one I was most upset by was someone who suddenly started posting too many statuses about completely non-fitness related stuff and swearing, A LOT, in them. I swear too, but when I get on my profile on this site to encourage people and try to have a positive, motivating experience, there are 2 things I do not want to see: really offensive language meant angrily, and nudity. So. If I'm going to use a site every day for something that isn't always easy, I'm not going to be exposed to posts spewing rude language.

The swearing girl sent me a friend request again, after I changed my username. I declined. :mad:
  • kotarea
    kotarea Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    That would require having people to delete...... I am still sort of new to this site I started it a while back and lost confidence, about a month ago I became really dedicated and have been sticking to it, I didn't really understand why to add people but reading all the posts now I see it is a really nice support group of positivity, and here I have worried about being judged...
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I just get a wild hair up my as s once in a while and go on a deleting spree. Nothing personal.

RoadDog wins the internet today.
    Plus I agree.....sometimes I just get a wild hair up my *kitten*

:drinker:
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I just get a wild hair up my as s once in a while and go on a deleting spree. Nothing personal.

Just discovered I was a victim of Road Dog's deleting spree...*sigh*...:smile:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I'm sure there's a cream for that. :laugh:
  • Bellanor50
    Options
    I only refuse male requests. I'm into women but also not using this place to hook up with anyone.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I've been deleted for being too naughty ;(

I might delete you for not being naughty enough :wink: :love:
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options

:laugh: :blushing: :love:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I only refuse male requests. I'm into women but also not using this place to hook up with anyone.

Or in other words "I'm just here to creep pictures."
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options

I'm sure there's a cream for that. :laugh:

That or a special type of tweezers or a visit to the *kitten* Doctor.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I have the sinking feeling that this bar is too high. :laugh: :tongue:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I've only deleted for ED behaviour so far.

Erectile Dysfunction?

Damn, that's harsh, double victimized there. :D
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    I've only deleted for ED behaviour so far.

Erectile Dysfunction?

Damn, that's harsh, double victimized there. :D

LMAO!!!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I recently deleted someone because she obviously had an eating disorder and wasn't getting help and constantly complaining about how fat she is and how tired she is......DUH, YOU'RE TIRED BECAUSE YOU'RE STARVING YOURSELF! I gave advice and tried to be helpful, but my advice was ignored. I raged at her and then deleted her after no longer being able to tolerate the BS. I can't have ppl on my list who are purposely killing themselves. Too triggering and it's just not worth the frustration.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    On the flip side, I keep one of my friends because they're a train wreck. I try to be supportive and push them to do better but I honestly keep them around because I can't help but laugh at some of their posts. I feel like an awful person for it but you can only give so much support and advice, especially when none of it is taken. I think "what will I miss if I delete them?" If and when they're ever actually ready to give it an honest go, I hope I'm still around to help them along the way.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    For inactivity really... and even then it's usually just the random folks that added me or RL friends that I know ain't coming back.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    i've deleted people for calling it a "churck."

Darn me and my typo-s to heck, to heck, I say!

(I must be deleted... boo)

I unfriend you.

That's not how this works! That's not how any of this works!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I haven't deleted anyone because I don't have any friends yet.

Sent you a friend request so you have someone to delete!! LOL
  • mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i've deleted people for calling it a "churck."

Darn me and my typo-s to heck, to heck, I say!

(I must be deleted... boo)

I unfriend you.

That's not how it works! That's not how any of this works!

^ THIS. I'm dying laughing right now. :laugh: :drinker:
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I delete people if they have checked in for a month and I unfriended a guy who told me not to eat so much (I know when I eat poorly, but I log it anyway).

I did eat a baconator once - my daughter-in-law gave it to me after she had her weight-loss surgery. I guess she wanted SOMEONE to eat one and I knew it was a bad idea while I was eating it.

I've eaten baconators as well - i don't live on them though and then complain about not losing. Who doesn't eat baconators? IIFYM!!

p.s. i then delete people who misquote me - lol