Deleted Friend.

Options

Replies

• Phatgirl420
    Phatgirl420 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I deleted someone who's entire profile was private, I mean the whole thing, only thing you saw was her pic and name...why accept friend requests if you want to keep EVERYTHING private? I enjoy looking at people's diary's for food ideas, and to see their goals, weight loss progress, etc.. so it didn't make any sense to me to have her as a friend if all I could see was her name lol
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    They're not your "friends", people! They're are random internet strangers that might become an acquaintence (sp?) ffs!
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    They're not your "friends", people! They're are random internet strangers that might become an acquaintance (sp?) ffs!

Noooo!!! Say it isn't so!!! I need these people to validate my self-worth and tell me I'm a good person!! :p
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I've been deleted for being too naughty ;(
  • venus_blue
    venus_blue Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I delete for inactivity, mainly. But I have and will continue to delete people that habitually eat very, very low calories, people who complain excessively and who just seem chronically negative and unhappy and people willfully and obstinately uneducated about diet and nutrition who preach that ignorance to others. I can handle a wide array of differing personalities, opinions and weight loss approaches. I don't care if you eat clean, dirty, IIFYM, Paleo, Low Carb, Primal, Vegan or whatever. I'm cool with pretty much anything, but sometimes you just have to say "ok, that's enough of that".

It may seem harsh, and I cycle through a lot of pals that way, but I genuinely look forward to supporting, interacting with and cheering on my pals so I can't be bothered to weed through a bunch of status posts that make me cringe. I'd rather have people on my list that add to the positive energy and focus I try to cultivate in my journey.
  • chboyer69
    chboyer69 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I haven't deleted anyone because I don't have any friends yet.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    They're not your "friends", people! They're are random internet strangers that might become an acquaintance (sp?) ffs!

Noooo!!! Say it isn't so!!! I need these people to validate my self-worth and tell me I'm a good person!! :p

I no, rite? Some people are just so negative!
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    i've deleted people for calling it a "churck."

Darn me and my typo-s to heck, to heck, I say!

(I must be deleted... boo)
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I usually delete people after they've been inactive for a few months. I want active friends.
  • jnichel
    Options

I unfriend you.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    They're not your "friends", people! They're are random internet strangers that might become an acquaintence (sp?) ffs!

My random internet strangers are better than your random internet strangers!

No, really. Because quite a few of them have become more than mere acquaintances. Sorry that MFP isn't as awesome for you as it is for me!
  • darkrose20
    Options
    I delete people who leave their settings so that every forum post they make shows up in my news feed. I don't need to know how many people they would spank, or who they want to see naked! Don't care what they post, I just don't want it filling my news feed!

I had no clue there was a setting for this. **goes to investigate**
  • darkrose20
    Options

I unfriend you.
    Thanks.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I delete anyone who I see eats 1200

anyone who is fat shamey or just in general has stupid opinions on life and everything

men who are my dad's peers and msg me gross stuff
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I delete people who are attention seekers disguised as people that want to make a change. The ones that are constantly complaining about how they couldn't lose weight this week when their diary shows 1500+ calories over every day. My worst offender was somebody who started a challenge group. She was super perky and always motivating people. As soon as the challenge ended she tried to push everybody to buy her weightloss products and body wraps. I still have no idea how I couldn't figure out she was a marketer earlier on. "Send me 50 dollars and I will set you up with your own optimal meal plan specifically set to your goals" dafuqqq
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    I just get a wild hair up my as s once in a while and go on a deleting spree. Nothing personal.

I have never heard that expression before. Well done, sir. :flowerforyou:

I thought it was a wild hare up ones *kitten*.... but a wild hair is an even better mental image :drinker: (and I could be wrong because I don't think I've ever seen that expression written down before)

my funniest deletion story was being deleted for not taking the right side in a star wars v star trek question (I grew up with both. you can't make me choose just one!). I don't think there's anything wrong with her deleting me for that reason either.... it just makes for a funny anecdote for a thread like this.

“Wild hair” or “wild hare” either way I hope to NEVER experience either up my *kitten*!
    Wild hair
    phil-spector-head.jpg

Wild hare
    feldhase_lepus_europaeus_4a.jpg
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    I’m going to send you all a FR just so I can delete you all, or be deleted.
  • jnichel
    Options

I unfriend you.
    Thanks.

That's what friends.....oops, I mean ex-friends.....are for. :laugh:
  • wmstormvet
    wmstormvet Posts: 145
    Options
    Sending pictures of his teeny, tiny little peen.....

I am so lauging my *kitten* off right now!!!
  • jnichel
    Options
    Sending pictures of his teeny, tiny little peen.....

I am so lauging my *kitten* off right now!!!

You promised not to laugh!