So what is your 4th of July food strategy?

Options
With 4th of July around the corner, what is your strategy to stay on target with calories?

-Im going to walk/run a half marathon before heading to the lake with my fiances family so I know I will have a few calories to "bank" since my fueling and after run only uses about half of what I will burn.

- bringing some fresh veggies to munch on and will sit away from the snack table (I LOVE CHIPS)

- Just sticking to water, some one has to drive home!

- Will not use a bun with my brat or hamburger (depending on what I decide to eat)

- Will not go back for more- one plate rule and it will not be stacked

- If I do go over my daily goal in calories I wont freak out but will just be better the next day!

So what are you planning to do?

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever I want and stick to my weekly deficit!!! It works :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Eat all the foods. Not sure where the foods will be since family cancelled the annual BBQ. :grumble: :grumble:
  • CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Since it's only for a day, I'll indulge as I want and then plan to work it off with offsetting exercise.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    With 4th of July around the corner, what is your strategy to stay on target with calories?

-Im going to walk/run a half marathon before heading to the lake with my fiances family so I know I will have a few calories to "bank" since my fueling and after run only uses about half of what I will burn.

- bringing some fresh veggies to munch on and will sit away from the snack table (I LOVE CHIPS)

- Just sticking to water, some one has to drive home!

- Will not use a bun with my brat or hamburger (depending on what I decide to eat)

- Will not go back for more- one plate rule and it will not be stacked

- If I do go over my daily goal in calories I wont freak out but will just be better the next day!

So what are you planning to do?

You don't make exceptions for special occasions like holiday cook outs? Just stick doggedly to your cal goal? Sounds unnecessary
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    1 burger, with bun -- that's what makes it different from a beef patty with a side salad.
    A few chips, not as many as my hand will hold.
    1 beer.
    1 bowl of homemade ice cream.
    A lot of water instead of Gatorade.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Eat all the foods. Not sure where the foods will be since family cancelled the annual BBQ. :grumble: :grumble:

This exactly. BBQ is going on at my house. Feel free to come by!
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Usually I would just enjoy the day and eat what I want but not this time. I will get a good workout in in the am, eat a sensible lunch and then head to the party - I will eat, but not as much because I ate before I went..... I refuse to say no to potato salad and beer at a cookout :drinker:
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My strategy? Eat all the food! It's one day. Life's too short to eat carrots and bunless burgers at a July 4th cook out.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are not really the family BBQ or cookout at the river type. We are going to a tourist trap/resort town and staying in a cottage for the 4th and we plan to walk/hike a LOT, tour a cave, and eat all of the things. Most likely diner food and/or seafood. I can't wait!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    My strategy will be to eat lots of great food, enjoy my friends and family, eat some more food, probably have a couple drinks, log it and move on to July 5th
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat. Food. Shocking, I know.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

This exactly. BBQ is going on at my house. Feel free to come by!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I'll probably drink more than I eat.
  • KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My plan is to eat what i want, enjoy some drinks and have a carefree day with my friends. Its one day and I want to enjoy it. Next day, back to the grind.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    My goal this 4th of July is to try not to choke while saying the pledge of Allegiance and simultaneously eating pretty much everything on the grill.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I'll probably drink more than I eat.

I won't be logging at all for the weekend, I'm going to eat way too much fried food, more hotdogs that I can count too!! It's going to be awesome!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I will eat all the foods and drink all the beers.
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options
    I eat whatever I want ALWAYS as long as I hit my numbers and exercise
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    We live a ways from family, so I'll just log my hot dog and potato salad and stick to my calories.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do a July 4th WOD at my gym and then...

Eat all the food and drink all the beer.

It's what T.J. and his boys would have wanted.